New Assassin's Creed about Vikings

Odd Tease In The Division 2 Spills The Beans On The Next Assassin's Creed

An unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s loot shooter The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game’s release, reveals that the next Assassin’s Creed game is all about Vikings. Kotaku can independently confirm the same.

Source

7102651368f0d4611f432f2f92ae7f2c2f931d55

Edited by DarkLordSHTR

Even though I'm happy for a Viking AC game, I still want a AC game based in Japan.. Just think of what they could do surrounding the myths and legends.

Plus we need AC1 Remastered already, hopefully because ACV will be a 2 year break/release they'll throw us the bone of the original AC in between.

• Like 1

I hope they drag their feet on an Assassin's Creed Japan because Feudal Japan has enough games made about it from the actual Japanese themselves. As for the potential of Vikings, I'm all for it, Hopefully during their conquest of England

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Even though I'm happy for a Viking AC game, I still want a AC game based in Japan.. Just think of what they could do surrounding the myths and legends.

Plus we need AC1 Remastered already, hopefully because ACV will be a 2 year break/release they'll throw us the bone of the original AC in between.

Assuming the remaster of AC3 and Liberation was to fill that gap.

10 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Hopefully it's got.... assassins and Templars in it.

The story has walked away from that aspect, it's more about Those Who Came Before and their designs on the Earth and Humans. Juno is free and is out doing her own thing, the Templars are kind of just in the background right now.

The guy on the cover art reminds me a lot of Kratos from the latest God of War game :lol: . Fighting against Jormungandr, Fafnir, and Fenrir would be nice.

1 hour ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I still want a AC game based in Japan.. Just think of what they could do surrounding the myths and legends.

37 minutes ago, majob said:

I hope they drag their feet on an Assassin's Creed Japan because Feudal Japan has enough games made about it from the actual Japanese themselves.

Same here, playing as a ninja would be great.

2 minutes ago, majob said:

The story has walked away from that aspect, it's more about Those Who Came Before and their designs on the Earth and Humans. Juno is free and is out doing her own thing, the Templars are kind of just in the background right now.

If you read the comics, you know what's happening in that respect. As @madbuk mentioned on his AC3 remaster review, it's a shame Ubi didn't put that in game since a lot of the game's fans don't read the comics.

32 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

If you read the comics, you know what's happening in that respect. As @madbuk mentioned on his AC3 remaster review, it's a shame Ubi didn't put that in game since a lot of the game's fans don't read the comics.

I kind of dropped off after they introduced Desmond's son. Stuff is getting a little too clustered right now

Edited by majob

Just now, matigrosso91 said:

That it's just an edit. There's nothing official or major leaks, only tiny hints and apparently a code name (AC: Kingdom).

True. People with Photoshop experience can make an edit like this one.

The whole cover looks like they took a guy out of For Honor and gave him some clothing from God of War 2018.

Interesting idea, sadly nothing is for certain. There were similar leaks/speculations about an AC game set in Ancient Rome (I'd rather prefer the Vikings, Rome is beautiful but I already saw that in AC Brotherhood)

Also for whoever wonders, the dude on the madeup cover is a Berserker from For Honor xD has nothing to do with the AC games

As long as the execution is on point and they get stuff right! I'd hate a Viking setting executed like Unity was...

Also maybe less...Oddysey like? I mean ok I enjoy Oddysey but damn if it ain't ridiculous with all the assassination/teleportation techniques and THIS IS SPARTA kicks. I am playing a Misthios not friggin Naruto. Just give me a good old Vaeking dude/gal that goes around and fucks up the battle of Stanford Bridge and Hastings the good old way xD 

40 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Also maybe less...Oddysey like? I mean ok I enjoy Oddysey but damn if it ain't ridiculous with all the assassination/teleportation techniques and THIS IS SPARTA kicks. I am playing a Misthios not friggin Naruto. Just give me a good old Vaeking dude/gal that goes around and fucks up the battle of Stanford Bridge and Hastings the good old way xD 

If we don't use a piece of eden as we are in Odyssey then I don't see how Ubisoft would be able to justify some of the moves. xD 

All I want out of this is to go back to a solid story and not something the players can influence and get multiple endings.

I completely disagree. While I love the whole series...the franchise was completely reinvigorated with the style presented in Origins and Odyssey. The stories themselves could be more engaging...but the gameplay is something I want them to continue with going forward. I currently sit at 190 Hours in Odyssey and I'm still not bored with it yet (granted there have been some breaks lately waiting for DLC)...that's a serious testament to what Ubisoft has created...frankly I wanted Odyssey to be bigger. 

Besides, Ubisoft themselves did say the "Origins Storyline" was supposed to be a trilogy. I don't want to spoil anything, but while Odyssey takes place 400 years before Origins, they are connected. So whatever game they make next...whether this Vikings game is real or the rumored one that takes place in Rome is real, the story will likely be connected, so I wouldn't expect the old style any time soon. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

I completely disagree. While I love the whole series...the franchise was completely reinvigorated with the style presented in Origins and Odyssey. The stories themselves could be more engaging...but the gameplay is something I want them to continue with going forward. I currently sit at 190 Hours in Odyssey and I'm still not bored with it yet (granted there have been some breaks lately waiting for DLC)...that's a serious testament to what Ubisoft has created...frankly I wanted Odyssey to be bigger. 

Besides, Ubisoft themselves did say the "Origins Storyline" was supposed to be a trilogy. I don't want to spoil anything, but while Odyssey takes place 400 years before Origins, they are connected. So whatever game they make next...whether this Vikings game is real or the rumored one that takes place in Rome is real, the story will likely be connected, so I wouldn't expect the old style any time soon. 

100% agree.

Hope this is true. I Like the Nordic Lore. Besides me wanting a Japan or China AC but with Nioh, Seikro and Ghosts of Tsushima having been set in Japan it would be bad timing for such a setting.

If it's true that it's Viking era I'm hoping they will make good use of the Nordic Mythology. 

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

The stories themselves could be more engaging...but the gameplay is something I want them to continue with going forward. 

You're right about the game. The new mechanics introduce gave it a fresh reboot and even some of the small RPG elements in it. I really enjoy the weapon fighting style side of it. Would like to see the RPG side been more involved with some more depth. 

• Like 1

Hope it's true I always wanted a AC game set during the Viking Age I can picture the main character wielding a axe in one hand and a hidden blade in the other.

Actually I was expecting an AC in Iran about Persians after seeing the end of the Legacy chapter in Odyssey. It seemed also logical as the last entry into the first age saga which is a habit of the series. (2,brotherhood, revelations - 3,4,rogue)

But I won't mind Norse setting too ?

Edited by Darpiom