Has anybody had an issue with Missile Boy not popping?

Datboy1991

I just met (I think) the requirements for the Missile Boy Trophy, but it did not pop. 

Order: 9-20, 4-8, 1-3

Characters used: Kid (1-5, 7, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20), Meat Boy (8-10, 19), Ogmo (6), Flywrench (12, 15, 17)

I died on 9 (the first stage of the run) and I did use the character switch to restart stages but my understanding and what I’ve done for other Iron Man runs is that the no death trophy starts counting from your last death. Has this happened to anybody else? Any advice other than “do it all over again and pray”? I have a video of my run that I can upload if that would be helpful. 

If you're tackling levels that you find hardest first then you may forget which ones you have left. Keep track of what levels you have completed.

I had this problem with Girl Boy because I skipped one of the easier levels, ended up second guessing for two minutes before I did the last level I needed and the trophy later popped.

Also if you're about to die or fail a level, be sure to quit out before you die. Saves a lot of frustration and headaches, though I understand that many of the levels in Impossible Boy and Zombie Boy aren't exactly easy to just quit out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Your character must have been touched by an enemy or by another threat in the level, maybe you backed out before the death animation but that might still count as a death. You can quit the level before being touched by anything that ends in death.

This was likely it. I had one that was pretty close

Crisis resolved. I redid it and the trophy popped. I’ll upload the video anyway and let you guys take a look at it since I still would like to know. 

Edited by Datboy1991
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Datboy1991 said:

Video of run that did not pop the trophy. The two spots where I reset are at approx 1 min and 6 min

Hmm maybe I'm blind but I cannot find anything wrong with that run.. you did all the levels and only quit to map in two of them, but were not close to dying... ?

Edited by Arcesus7