Some tips for this game

cris3f

You have to play Hardcore and Murderous. Playing the hardest difficulty will not unlock hardcore completion, so you have to play all levels on both.

The time attacks can be done on normal, but the vast majority require absolutely perfect runs (or at least 99%+) for the 3 stars and most only have 1 way to be done, and usually it's not the obvious one. Learn slowdown, the third one (second mission Chapter 1) is the best for you to realize what's coming up...

Best mission to get most of the x kill trophies is the last of chapter 4 (The Time Eater II). As you go down counterclockwise you can close the door with the switch. Wait until enough enemies aggro by the door then use the special. Now getting the required special, not dying and not killing anyone to lose it isn't easy... And if you die using it doesn't count either.

The kill 3 with a single shotgun only place I could find was on mission before this one (The Time Eater I). When you start going right at bottom there's 2 doors with 3 enemies sort of close together behind them. It's not easy to hit the 3 but it's possible. Of course you have to be lucky to have a shotgun drop.. With more than one bullet too... ? There's probably other better options for grinding this one.

Whole Worm can be done in level, Chapter 1 (Prison Cells). Kill the 3 baddies in the corridor, while taking care not to approach last upper right door. If you want to finish the level, just use the special you should have got to break the thin wall down and end the mission (you can skip this if you just need trophy). Then you can create the wormhole inside the room where the first mentioned door leads, there's enough enemies there for this to pop.

On the Vita on most levels you have to memorize the whole layout and location of enemies, since the screen area is a lot smaller than the PS4. If you don't you're dead, specially while moving vertically. Killing Mr Time is particularly hard on the Vita because of this. Levels with free roaming enemies are a nightmare to do on the Vita. You know a enemy is approaching when you're dead from its bullets, he shows up later on screen. Yep, it's that stupid.

If you do hardcore and murderous via chapter select you start each level clean, without special or weapon freebies from the previous one (if there's a sequence). Some levels which could be easy with a little bonus become a nightmare to do (Locating the Time Eater II on chapter 4 is a prime example of this). So although going through story mode you have to make all levels sequentially, instead of just focusing on one on each difficulty, it does help. On story mode try to take a good special when you end a level it can help a lot on the next one. Important update; after finishing Hardcore and Murderous on the PS4 I can assure that it's a lot easier going through story mode than doing them via level select. If you get the right items at the end of one the next level can be much less problematic. So from chapter 4 on try to finish each level with a good weapon with good ammo supply (yes ammo count is transferred too). Killing Mr. Time II was a lot easier on my murderous PS4 play because I inherited a power machine gun with 10 shots from previous level. Of course you need luck on the previous level too.

Sometimes going back for lab guys is a easy way to get a special.

One of the dumbest aspects of the game is that you automatically pick up a more powerful weapon. On murderous several weapon drops come with 1 or 2 ammo, so you're suddenly left in the middle of a fierce battle with a miserable ammo supply, which usually ends in death.

Enemies with rockets can't shoot or kill you in any other way so advancing to them, is a good option, as getting them to kill themselves. You can also melee them, but melee works very badly on the game so it's risky.  Also use them to kill other enemies or open holes in good spots. Dangerous but effective.

A could be truly absolutely fantastic game marred by so many stupid decisions it can't be described. One to avoid...

Edited by cris3f

Some ways to solve the worst levels:

Chapter 4

Command Center II

If you're having trouble with the last guy behind the red door you can create the wormhole on top of him. Just remember you need the red key to open the door and the first collectible, as you won't have enough time to get it before wormhole collapses and you lose.

Locating the Time Eater II
For a level with so few enemies this one is extremely hard. On murderous if you manage to kill the enemy in the door by the 2 lasers, you should immediately enter that room to kill the other 2 while you have the kill slowdown. Good luck with this one, took me a lot of retries.

On the PS4 on Murderous, which I made through story mode, I was lucky to have the power machine gun, then yes it was very easy. Just go up from start kill guys to the left through wall, you'll get a dash, go through that wall, kill others to left through wall, pick key, end level.

Locating the Time Eater II
You must clear all enemies to the left to make your life easier in the end. When you get a enemy in the middle of right side going up, in a room with explosive boxes, you must kill the 8 enemies (starting with that one) in a row as you need a time freeze to be able to continue. If you don't you can't open the door to the room with the key and get there while it's open. Another nightmare.

Time Eater II
Usually slows down to a craw when you enter central room, so killing enemies inside is extremely hard. This level isn't difficult but this makes it very hard. Go counterclockwise from start you can achieve, if the bystander near the shielded enemy goes down, a time freeze before reaching the key. It's not a panacea for finishing it, but who knows.

Chapter 5

New clues
Immediately go down, kill enemy, enter door just up left, kill enemy and lab guy, exit left door kill 2 more enemies. This will give you a Psy-Blast special that's a blessing to continue. It's very usual that you get no weapon drops here. Before unlocking the door, if you press left against its top you can use the Psy-Blast to kill all 3 enemies in the corridor, and get another special. It will come in handy for the shield guy in the next room. Going through this corridor without this, specially on murderous it's big pain.

The Last Visit
You have to trigger the mine by passing by its border. It's really difficult to master, but at least it's right at the beginning. Then kill the enemy below right and taking opportunity of the time lapse kill the unshielded enemy on the left room through the opening the bomb did. You'll get a a dash if done correctly, dash the 2 shielded enemies from the right wall, then kill next shielded enemy and lab guy. All this done correctly should have given you a Dash-Blast. Try to get a dash and don't enter the main left middle room through the opening, dash through the right wall (and destroy mine), you can get another dash in this room for the shielded enemy above. Be careful with remaining mines on way back.
In the last room there's 4 enemies, one really near your target, and as usual you can't kill or have killed the character you'll need to speak to.

Finding Mr. Time I
The most difficult one on the Vita. The enemies are free roaming the most probable way for you to know they're coming is that you're dead from their bullets. After that they show up. This one is really hard as is mostly dependent on sheer luck.
You'll have to destroy 6 generators. Once you destroy the first there will 2 groups of enemies coming regularly, 2 easier pistol holders from left and a tougher shotgun enemy from right.
My advice? Destroy generator to your left with melee, alarm will sound and enemies will come. Go up and shoot the 2 coming from door, get dash. Continue up, ignore top left generator for now and dash to right room, destroying mine. Go down, shoot explosive to the right of mine in the way to the center, go up enter generator room just above, melee it. Wait inside room and destroy the incoming 2 easy and 1 shotgun enemies (not easy, try to move and shoot and they're just reaching door).
Proceed left, melee generator you ignored, wait and destroy more 2 easy and 1 shotgun enemies, although one of the easy ones usually comes very late and you can exit the room and kill it outside. You should get a dash between these 2 groups, you'll need it.
Now go down, then right, and there's a generator with a power machine gun that shoots through walls. Melee generator, pick weapon, kill enemies that are within reach.
Go right again, you'll need the dash to pass the mine.
Go up, destroy right generator through wall with a shot. Be careful the shotgun guys spawn point is just right above this generator. Go up and blow last generator to right, with a shot through a wall.
Now go left and you're in the room where you destroyed the mine and the 2nd generator. Walk around the generator smaller room and shoot enemies until you get another dash. If you have it even better, just go to the central area dashing by the 2 mines, and enter elevator on left. Level ends.
Good luck, you really need on this one, specially on murderous. This one is plainly frustrating. Took me more time to finish this one on the 2 difficulties than the rest of the missions together.

Killing Mr. Time II
Another nightmare. You need a time freeze to pass the door to the 2nd section. But there's only 7 enemies in the 1st and you need 8 for a time freeze...
Go up, kill first enemy, then 2nd up and slightly to the left of the first. Go back, hoping that the 2 guys on each side shot the windows. Go up again kill both (I find the left one easier to kill first). Now there's 3 other enemies on top. The upper center has a rocket launcher, the two on sides have pistols. You must kill the center guy, while not even seing any of these 3. Then, the left guy and the right guy as late as you can.
This is because you must go to a room in the right to hit a switch to open the upper door and sound a alarm, which you need for a eight straight kill. When you hit the switch, the alram will sound and 2 enemies will come, one stays inside the spawning right point the other will come from the left spawning point but will walk towards you.
The timing between the 7th kill and 8th kill is EXTREMELY tight. You'll need a perfect run to get it. Do remember you'll need to kill all 8 in sequence to get the time freeze.
When you do get the time freeze, you'll probably have to hit the switch again to open the door. Just pass it go up right immediately and proceed along the corridor to the elevator. Just rush trough the next section, or you'll regret it.
So you have limited bullets, on murderous enemies will kill you with 90% of the shots, timing is really on fractions of second. Completely fun.
Don't try to get the time freeze with 8 kills after hitting the switch I think it's impossible as there's no enemies to achieve the timing sequence and you'll run out of ammo. That if you survived anyway.
Another plainly frustrating level, luck is mostly what you need.

Killing Mr. Time III
A piece of cake compared to the ones above.
Kill the incoming 2 enemies, while not picking weapon just near elevator in case it's needed later. You can't go left or Mr. Time will come immediately. With the time lapse go immediately down, kill shielded enemy and trigger mine.
A rocket launcher enemy is below, I usually melee him or have him blow himself up. There's a pistol enemy to left, he should come too. Now the toughest part, as you go left there's a shielded enemy. A pistol one will be triggered just after him, and will advance to you. Kill it and with the time lapse dash the shielded enemy. Use the time lapse again to trigger the mine in the down corridor you just has passed by. It's not easy or reliable as you'll be shot at by 2 tougher machine guys from left and above. If you managed, kill the machine gun guy on the left, he's in the middle of corridor, shoot while he's not in sight. He has armor will need 2 shots. Kill the one inside the room above too, just in case.
Killing Mr. Time needs ammo, you could be short. Down the corridor where you had just triggered the mine there's 4 more enemies, 3 machine gun guys and a rocket launcher one. Go slowly, when the corridor reaches the room you can kill 2 machine gun guys, one is on the right, the other left. Just check where they're and shoot them down from offscreen. Now the last machine gun guy is down the central corridor to the tight, the rocket launcher guy to its left. Kill the machine gun guy, then handle the rocket launcher one (I just melee him or have him blown himself up, although this can go berserk). You'll have at least 1 but possibly 2 machine guns here.
Now go handle Mr Time. He's in the central room and will go after you when you approach him.The easiest way to kill him is entering this room through the switched door just above the intersection where you killed a few enemies. If you close the door he'll go all the way around the right to reach you. Just leave the door open, shoot him while he''s coming in the corridor, run away to the central room and lock the door. He will go back return to corridor, while closing door again. Repeat this until he's dead. You'll have enough bullets now. Just be careful as on the Vita you have to almost be in his reach to see him and shoot him. It's not a walk in the park, but a lot easier than the 2 previous ones.

Hope you have fun, I didn't. Only stubbornness made me finish these trophies.

Edited by cris3f