Comments on plat

Tsar_Boy

I'm doing it right now, i'm not finding it crazy hard, but you have to take attention to some of the missable trophies, also you need to do at least 2 playthroughs, or if you back up your save for the endings, 1,5. The combat needs some getting used to, but if you are minimally used to combat in other soulesque games than this one won't be that different, it's not a bad game either, and way better than lords of the fallen which i think was made by the same dev team. Hoping this will make me ready for Sekiro which i will be playing next.?

• Like 1

Other than missable questlines and collectible, here are a few other things things that make it require more than one playthrough:

1. There is a multi-part quest with Jo that begins part way through the 2nd area of the game and continues at 2 other points during the campaign, ending at the start of area 4 (Research & Development). The quest must be both completed 100% (:silver: Repeat CustomerAND completely ignored (to get the sunglasses for :bronze: Sunglasses at Night) for the plat. The two are mutually exclusive because you can't go back and complete her quest after getting the sunglasses.
  2. Also, you have to go into NG+ in order to kill a boss with its own weapon for :silver: Was That Yours?. That likely means killing the first boss, PAX, with the PAX Imperator V1 or V2.
  3. You also have to see both endings, but that is based on a choice you make right before you fight the final boss so it is easy to upload your save before interacting with the computer.

---

So what I did was:

• Create a copy of my save file to USB right before I met Jo. Ignored her quest (you can't even talk to her) since it costs scrap and the sunglasses are cooler / more useful than her quest reward. Completed all other quest lines and collectibles
  • Got to just before the final boss and uploaded by save file to the cloud. Beat the boss and entered NG+ and killed the first boss with its boss weapon.
  • Reverted to my cloud save and killed the final boss again with the other choice.
  • Reverted to my USB save and did a speed run from Central B to R&D to complete Jo's questline
  • Reverted to my cloud save just before the final boss in case I ever decided to play NG+

Another option would be to get both boss endings before moving to NG+ and then playing NG+ up until the start of Area 4. That just adds a little extra time in the second area, Central B, but more of the 2nd partial playthrough will be more difficult since more of it is in NG+.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 4

Gotta say, this game is fucking depressing, Dark Souls had the world at the end of its cycle but it balanced that by you being the underdog climbing unfavorable odds in order to carve your path, this game though? Ugh, I won't spoiler anything but I don't even feel going ng+ for the platinum.

I don't think the plat is hard, it's mostly tedious with a bunch of missables, you'll most likely end up lost, that's the real enemy in this game,  bosses are easy.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

Platinum is not hard at all. You need to go slowly on each area and be aware of enemies locations. I really suggest getting Gorgon armor set as soon as possible, it will be pretty hard but it pays off later in the game. I'm on NG+ and still using it. Also don't forget to take a weapon from a first boss, weapon is names Judne iirc. You can take it by killing it in a special way, look up on YT. The real enemy is no map at all here. There were countless times when I was going in circles and couldn't figure out how to forward the story.

All in all, I really enjoy this game. It has slow peace, and even when you die with a lot of scrap it's not that bad, you can get again pretty fast if you like. Also I live the broken factory sci fi vibe, it's so cool! I can't wait for The Surge 2! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The game is pretty easy if you're used to this genre. Bosses aren't really challenging.
Like some mentioned, the worst is the missable trophies and the maps, you'll get lost a few time.

I ended up using an Achievement walkthrough to not miss anything and orient myself.

I'd also recommend the back up of the last boss, you'll save a few hours.

Just got the Platinum myself. Nothing too extreme. Still, decided to make detailed guides for every boss.

On a side note, bit underrated game. Glad it's part of Playstation Plus "freebie".

You should be able to get Platinum without too much hassle. Keep an eye on the missables tho.

Keep a running backup.  There's an issue where you can just lose the ability to talk to quest giving NPCs meaning you can't complete their quests on your current playthrough.  Happened to me with both Davey and Jo.  Davey wasn't an issue since he's early on and I could get him on NG+ pretty easily, but I had already started donating to Jo when she decided not to talk to me at the third location.  So, that meant an entire extra playthrough for me and it was not fun.  It just felt like one big glitch parade for me.  Once I donated gear to a character for a quest, I couldn't craft the item for myself anymore to replace what I'd donated, even though the game was using the resources, the item just wouldn't show up in my inventory.  I had an enemy decide it was unkillable.  Luckily it was slow so I just ran around it.  I had an execution I was performing kill me because the game decided the person I was attacking was under the map and I teleported into death land.  

I'm sure it isn't glitchy for everyone, but it was a bastard and a half for me and if you happen to get my luck, you'll be glad of backups.

• 5 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 7:31 AM, schnarff77 said:

Keep a running backup.  There's an issue where you can just lose the ability to talk to quest giving NPCs meaning you can't complete their quests on your current playthrough.  

Yes, the quests can glitch, but it has a fix, you need to quit the game (not to the game menu, you need to quit by holding the ps button and select close application) quickly before a save point is triggered.

It happened to me with Davey, I got him his "medicine" but there was no dialogue prompt, so I started trying different things inside the Medbay but nothing worked. I decided to quit the game and when I loaded back, the dialogue option was back.

If you trigger a savepoint (quitting to the game menu, using the medbay core, the crafting station, leaving/entering the medbay, picking an item) then the glitch will stay permanently. I was lucky I didn't do any of those.

• 3 years later...
On 10/04/2019 at 5:33 PM, Guardian_owl said:

Also, you have to go into NG+ in order to kill a boss with its own weapon for :silver: Was That Yours?. That likely means killing the first boss, PAX, with the PAX Imperator V1 or V2.

If you have the DLC, you can get this before NG+ by beating PAX with its own weapon in Episode 3 of The Good, the Bad and the Augmented. Worked for me.

I went into that same fight again later to see if I could get the Overconfident trophy (defeat a boss whilst carrying 20,000 scrap tech) - I used a load of scrap tech consumables up just before the fight to get enough. Now, the trophy didn't pop when I beat the boss, but oddly enough it did pop when I beat Carbon Cat from the first DLC soon afterwards. This happened despite me not carrying anything close to 20,000 at the time (I ran straight to the boss from the medbay ignoring all enemies en route), so I'm wondering if the fact I had enough on me when I beat PAX in the 2nd DLC somehow carried over to the CC fight...?