Gran Turismo 6 demo launches next week!

Goro

9133010247_39afccc2df.jpg

Following on from yesterday’s reveal of the product and pre-order goodies we can expect when Gran Turismo 6 hits retail this year, I am very happy to bring you even more GT news.
Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.
What’s more, if you are in one of the GT Academy regions* then the demo could also be the ticket for your chance to race for real with Nissan.

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy (and one of the brand new confirmed GT6 track locations in GT6).
In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.
Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.
The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.
Details on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com and more news and information on the demo will be incoming shortly, so keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for updates.
*GT Academy regions: France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, Germany and Russia

Source - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/25/gran-turismo-6-demo-launches-next-week/

Edited by Sly Ripper
  • Like 2

Wow, already 6!? I barely touched 5.. lol. Used to play so much of the other GT on PS2 but the flame just died out with prologue. Needa get me racing groove on again!!!

Sony promised GT6 woudn't be delayed like GT5

GT5 was only actually delayed once, possibly twice. It wasn't given an official release date for a long time and gameplay was shown a year or two before it was released which I assume is why people think it was delayed tons of times. GT6 didn't take nearly as long to develop because they already had the base to work with whereas with GT5 they had to familiarize themselves with the PS3's Cell architecture which is notorious for being difficult to understand. Seeing as the PS4 is going to be much easier to develop for I don't imagine it will take nearly as long to see a GT game on that system as it took to get one on the PS3. 

Parker