Eurovision Gaming Challenge: The Chicken Edition (PSN Card x2!)

eigen-space

I finished Bard's Tale on 21st April. One of the trophies requires the senseless murder of 30 chickens, all without so much as a wing platter to eat afterwards to justify it.

Eurovision wise, I don't like to ruin the surprise on the night by checking them out beforehand so I only listened to the favourite, Netherlands, and will pick that for the second requirement.

On 2019-04-27 at 0:41 PM, jon88_il said:

Well, I just platinumed Glass Masquerade and I scoured the game for chickens and all I could find is this (this going to be a stretch so bear with me):

Image 1

You could argue the dancer is wearing peacock feathers on her head,

the peacock is part of the Phasianidae family that contains also the chicken (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasianidae).

Hence, this is photo is a distant relative of the chicken  ;)

If it too far of a stretch for you then I'm working on AC3 remastered that has chickens all over the world there, hopefully I will complete it in the time frame :)

Regarding 2, well I'm from Israel (that brought the chicken fever to here) so I have to go with Kobi Marimi (although if I'm honest I think his chances are slim).

Lol i can see pelican... not chicken looool but nice artwork thks 4 sharing

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:41 AM, jon88_il said:

Well, I just platinumed Glass Masquerade and I scoured the game for chickens and all I could find is this (this going to be a stretch so bear with me)

Perhaps if this contest revolved around my second favorite televised singing competition, this would have worked. But it's not going to work for the chicken requirement. Good luck with AC3 though! That one works.

----

Updates:

I just moved and don't have internet service yet at my new place. The main post is a pain to format appropriately on my mobile browser so it'll be updated once my service is on. Apart from the above mention, everything else is appropriate and will be updated in due time!

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Perhaps if this contest revolved around my second favorite televised singing competition, this would have worked. But it's not going to work for the chicken requirement. Good luck with AC3 though! That one works.

Hey, I warned in advance that it's a huge reach ;)

Anyway, I took a couple of hours to 100% Hatoful Boyfriend which I saw in your suggestion list so you can switch my entry to:

Hatoful Boyfriend - Israel

Congrats on the new place!

Sign me up, just finished getting the platinum for Final Fantasy XV. While for the Chicken requirement all I'd have to do is mention the Chocobos I'll go one step further and use the Cockatrice which is the giant chicken monster found in the game:

Spoiler

W4UVmOv.jpg

gxNtAJj.jpg

As for my favourite Eurovision entry, I'd go with Portugal simply for how weird their entry is.

In the interest of actually finishing something ........ once ..... just once on this site could I change my game to The Gardens Between. It has a chicken in one of the levels on the computer screen game ....... and surprisingly I platted it.

As always I hope you are well @eigen-space. I suspect there will be no vino for your Eurovision this year. But we will have you covered. Be well. ?

• Like 1

So, I kind of forced me to play Sam&Max Beyond Time and Space Episode 3 a few hours ago (was actually thinking in postponing it, but then I thought that I was risking not playing it next weekend again..). 

As for the favorite entry.. I think Antarctic would be my favorite.. Ya, nothing that resonates with me this year (well, at least from the 30 that I learned when this thread was made...) 

Still, since I need to pick one, I will do a 2nd round.. 

Anyway, I will leave some comments while I listen again (more or less like I did last year). 

There are quite a few that I like the singer voice, but to much mainstream pop generic stuff in most of those.. 

Australia, while having a strange setting, and the music feeling blank, I actually could enjoy the "Operatic" way of singing. 

Denmark, while the theme is generic, I actually like the way she sings, as well as how simple the song is.. This one I actually hadn't listened to before.. 

Georgia, not sure, it at least felt fresh in the middle of the others.. I also think that it has is supposed to have some deep meaning (but lost to me, because of language)

Germany, I kind of like their voices on the softer bits, but when the sobg try to "show" power, it kind of loses me.. 

Hungary, yet another that I didn't listen to before. And happily surprised, because I was really liking the acoustic sound and was expecting a stupid shift toward something else, that likely didn't happen, since the shift in power towards the end stayed nicely acoustic, my favorite so far, along Denmark. 

Iceland, WTF ?, nice to see something different although I can't stand techno.. 

Latvia, love the chill vibe, not so much the lyrics.. And I'm starting to think that my mood is different from when I watched the vids the first time, because I'm obviously more on a chill mood now and the ones that I'm enjoying more are the more calm ones. 

Poland, the first time that I listened to it, I had an odd feeling about it, that it reminded me of something older from the way they sing (actually it made me think of something from Pink Floyd... But that's not it..). Still, I liked it. 

Portugal, I still don't see musicality in it.. 

The Netherlands, quite liked this one too.. 

Others that for a reason or another (overall song atmosphere or simply singers voice) end up being enjoyed were Armenia, Estonia, Israel, Montenegro, Norway, Russia

As a note, I'm mainly into metal (Power, Symphonic/Gothic, Folk), Symphonic music, acoustic music (+ Folk at times), and a lot of it is actually in languages that I don't understand, so usually overall musicality is what's important to me, not really lyrics content.

So, in the ends, make my entry with: Hungary 

• Like 1

On April 26th i platinumed Life is Strange in which the main character, Max, wears chicken-based pajamas.

FQIA474IH0YG0E8.ANIMATED.LARGE.gif

As far as the Eurovision songs, I listend to all of them. Six stood out as songs I would listen to.

Tamata - Replay from Cyprus. Big Kesha vibes. Maybe my favorite of them all tied with Norway.

Michela - Chamelon from Malta. Real fun and the chorus beat reminds me a lot of a song that's on the tip of my tongue. Something about over something something water.

KEiiNO - Spirit in the Sky from Norway. If you told me this was aqually Aqua, I would believe you. Tied with Cyprus for my fave.

Ester Peony - On a Sunday from Romania. Real deep beats. Love it.

Serhat - Say Na Na Na from San Marino. This song is just fuckin' goofy but I like it. It's catchy.

Miki - La Venda from Spain. Just a fun summer song. Makes me think of Fast and Furious movies.

thanks for the opportunity to win.

• Like 1

No luck so far in finding that chicken. You would think there'd be one in Atelier Firis when you spend your whole day (and night) gathering everything you can see.

I'm kinda hoping that Chelka will use it as an insult in the Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.

Someone on Steam managed to swap Rean from Trails of Cold Steel with a chicken but I don't think that counts honestly. Pretty funny though and, apparently, the chicken can attack and use S-Breaks just like a regular character.

Drdwety.png

I'd like to join! I platted Marvel's Spider-Man on April 24. I'll put in spoilers how it's chicken related for those who haven't played it yet.

Peter makes chicken curry for MJ a decent way through the game. 

0T7JgW4.png

ipzeZeF.png

Peter has to leave shortly after and when he's swinging through the city, he talks to MJ on the phone and she says one of my favorite game lines: "This curry is legit".

Peter also reveals he has ambitions to be a chef off the success of his chicken curry ?.

My Eurovision pick is Netherlands. Actually have been repeatedly listening to this one now.

Edited by sundrew

Can you enter me please @eigen-space I finished a couple of eligible games. Skylanders Imaginators has a side mission that requires you to round up chickens. Spyro 2 also has chickens in a few levels.

I know nothing about Eurovision, so I’ll go with Netherlands as my wife is Dutch ?

Ack! I forgot when this event ended and we are down to the final week. I am still working on the multiplayer grind for Tomb Raider. It's almost over though. I am level 52 out of 60. Each level is taking about 30 minutes so I think I have another 4 or 5 hours of running medical kits around before I am done. Once that's out of the way, I will play through the single player which is much more enjoyable. I have actually started the single player twice, but both times the professor dude at the gate won't talk to me the second time. I want to be sure to get that for the chatterbox trophy. There's speculation that the second conversation isn't needed, but I'd rather have the peace of mind than go through the entire game and find out I actually did need it. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Myu said:

No luck so far in finding that chicken. You would think there'd be one in Atelier Firis when you spend your whole day (and night) gathering everything you can see.

I'm kinda hoping that Chelka will use it as an insult in the Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.

Someone on Steam managed to swap Rean from Trails of Cold Steel with a chicken but I don't think that counts honestly. Pretty funny though and, apparently, the chicken can attack and use S-Breaks just like a regular character.

Reveal hidden contents

Drdwety.png

That mod for ToCS is hilarious xD. And I'm actually surprised that there's not a scene where Firis is eating a chicken of some kind given her love of meat... though I don't remember that Atelier game well enough to say (probably my least favorite Atelier game tbh).

~~Updates~~

Updated in time for Semi-Final 1!!

I'm going to tag just the folks here that are still "in the red" as a reminder to finish up their games and/or make their song choices (though I know some of you whom I'm tagging are fully aware that they're not done yet): @Beyondthegrave07, @BigHonkingOne, @gruffiiti, @Maahniac, @Myu

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 2