The Giant & the Storm...

So i have to sink all 3 ship by firing at their powder stores... Been at it for 3 hours now and i have so far been able to expose 1 weak point in 3 hours. This can't be fucking done.

I repeat the steps exactly like in videos and never get a weakpoint exposed. Most of the time i just end up on top off the ship because it so fucking wavy.

In the videos they just ram straight infront of the ship and get a weakpoint instantly. When i do it it does nothing whatsoever. I have the ram. Tried for 1 hour without it and no result.

There has to be another way to expose those weakpoints. The developer can't be this inbred and stupid right?

Ramming never works. Tried full speed half speed and stop with the same results, nothing.

Anyone have any decent methods for exposing weak points?

Edited by Quink666

Like loco said you have a higher chance if you hit the ship head on. Only do this mission if you have the ship with everything upgraded and you need luck.

I remember spending 4 hours trying to do this on the PS3 and for the PS4 will be no different, just a lot of patience and luck

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So i have to sink all 3 ship by firing at their powder stores... Been at it for 3 hours now and i have so far been able to expose 1 weak point in 3 hours. This can't be fucking done.

I repeat the steps exactly like in videos and never get a weakpoint exposed. Most of the time i just end up on top off the ship because it so fucking wavy.

In the videos they just ram straight infront of the ship and get a weakpoint instantly. When i do it it does nothing whatsoever. I have the ram. Tried for 1 hour without it and no result.

There has to be another way to expose those weakpoints. The developer can't be this inbred and stupid right?

Ramming never works. Tried full speed half speed and stop with the same results, nothing.

Anyone have any decent methods for exposing weak points?

Do you have chain shot? Just use that to stop the ships and then park your ship near the very front of theirs, line your shot up with the front side of their ship and fire a cannon at it, it will almost always expose the weak spot every time and you don't need to ram at all. It's actually very easy this way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

Do you have chain shot? Just use that to stop the ships and then park your ship near the very front of theirs, line your shot up with the front side of their ship and fire a cannon at it, it will almost always expose the weak spot every time and you don't need to ram at all. It's actually very easy this way.

Tried that, Still cant get a weak point. Doesnt matter if ship is still or not. Everytime i try to ram to get a weakpoint my boat end up on top of their because of the fucking waves. These optional objectives must have been made by a fucking moron. No way to reliably get a weakpoint and you have to get one on all 3.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Tried that, Still cant get a weak point. Doesnt matter if ship is still or not. Everytime i try to ram to get a weakpoint my boat end up on top of their because of the fucking waves. These optional objectives must have been made by a fucking moron. No way to reliably get a weakpoint and you have to get one on all 3.

Don't ram it. Shoot the front side. Ok i see the name, I'm blind, sorry. here is the method: 

excuse my noobish hands, I'm in a big hurry.

Edited by Gamer-Girls-FTW
Edit: the other guy beat me to it. lol sorry, I'm doing a lot right now.
  • Like 3

Yeah this mission is horrible. I did what others said and shot the masts out with chain shot. I did all three then I fired off one broadside into the front, re-positioned myself because of the waves, and fired as many as it took. Most times I ended up sinking the damn things but it finally just worked.

Ramming did nothing for me. Every time I opened a weak point with the ram the waves carried one of us into the other and the enemy would just sink. While this game is good to play through, it was not well thought out when it came to the optional objectives overall.

• Like 1

fucking 4 hours 30 minutes later for this shit. For anyone attempting this in the future. Use Chain choot and then round shot to the very front from a fairly close distance.

Thanks @Gamer-Girls-FTW, @MidnightDragon & @Avatar_Of_Battle for that streategy! 

No mission in history have ever annoyed me as much as this one. 

Does anyone know if you need all DLC mission for the 100% trophy? There is 3 extra privateer missions.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

fucking 4 hours 30 minutes later for this shit. For anyone attempting this in the future. Use Chain choot and then round shot to the very front from a fairly close distance.

Thanks @Gamer-Girls-FTW, @MidnightDragon & @Avatar_Of_Battle for that streategy! 

No mission in history have ever annoyed me as much as this one. 

Does anyone know if you need all DLC mission for the 100% trophy? There is 3 extra privateer missions.

The Benedict Arnold missions are not required. (Takes place in Westpoint)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The Benedict Arnold missions are not required. (Takes place in Westpoint)

The one i got are called Ghost wars act 1 and 2 and a mission called sinking secret. All 3 are DLC but they show up in the DNA tracker. Guess ill have to wait and see. None of them have optional objectives so they should be easy.

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

The one i got are called Ghost wars act 1 and 2 and a mission called sinking secret. All 3 are DLC but they show up in the DNA tracker. Guess ill have to wait and see. None of them have optional objectives so they should be easy.

Ohh ok you're talking about those. I read that they aren't, but I did them before reading that so they were already done. :facepalm: 

• Like 1

Yeah this one is a bitch to do. ?

I did the Chain shoot, park right in from of the ship, RAM! and stop before I go full ram and smacked right into the ship. Then shoot the exposed area.

Takes a while. But I did it this way on the PS3. so...

The Flame Shot can also expose the area, but a lot of the time it also hits the rest of the ship sinking it. I actually did two ships that way. Could never do three.

• Like 1

I got this on my first try with fully upgraded ship. What i did was made sure to use the chain shot to stop all 3 ships 1 by 1. and then just come next to the front of each ship and dead stop completely then put half sail and hit the front of them. this opened up their barrels which allowed me to fire my swivel guns at them. I replayed the mission 2 just to test whether it worked out and all the 3 times i did it, the barrels got exposed that way without sinking the ships. Just make sure u don't go full sail and hit the front. Even while just next to them the small ships can sink easily. Also watch out for the waves be ready to duck down while it hits and then go half sail into the front of all 3 ships. Hope this helps.

Amongst all the privateer missions The wolves one gave me the most difficulty while trying to protect the 8 merchant ships. ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...