i'm surprised the platinum is a lot more common than HF.

even with both the ps4 and vita lists combined i'm a bit surprised that its not at least in the 3 or 4 UR range. i'm only about 20 hours in but its definitely got that HF feel of grind. i think somethings that are different is lack of missables, and also no 100 implements. however it appears to have an implement system still in regarding unlocking skills for trophies.

double the characters to raise affection with, i've been going for some characters since yesterday and its definitely taking what feels the same amount of time as HF to max affection.

maybe as i get further it wont be as bad as i imagine considering its near the 6% range of platinum achievers, but i definitely feel the HF feels creeping in lol.

This game is worse than HF. Story is 10-15 hours long. The rest 100 hours are unnecessary grinding.

Grinding for implements in HF made you stronger and able to beat HNMs. Here you grind for nothing.

You need to use a single sword skill 10000 times, perform 4200 combo chains,unlock 200 skills which means you will need around 1250 skill points or 12500 mastery points in weapons and ex-skills.And there is no auto-attack like in HF.

I haven't even started with the affinity trophies and i'm already sick of this trash-game

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

This game is worse than HF. Story is 10-15 hours long. The rest 100 hours are unnecessary grinding.

Grinding for implements in HF made you stronger and able to beat HNMs. Here you grind for nothing.

You need to use a single sword skill 10000 times, perform 4200 combo chains,unlock 200 skills which means you will need around 1250 skill points or 12500 mastery points in weapons and ex-skills.And there is no auto-attack like in HF.

I haven't even started with the affinity trophies and i'm already sick of this trash-game

believe me, you are in for a nightmare with affection grinding, and with 14 characters. its kinda why i'm kinda getting some progress done with them first to get one of the most mind numbing parts out of the way, the sad thing is i cant even really watch a show while doing it as you have to be alert to move closer to press square without getting too close and some of the things you say that you will read a kajillion times you have to know which question to press x or o for.

i have started working on SS usage and combos, instead of walking through the maps i just spam them, and then charge up my SP and on and on. i think i was at only like 3500 SS usages however. haven't really progressed the story too much, haven't even gotten first story trophy yet lol.

6 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

These are so depressing to read since this is my last SAO game to play and plat before Alicization Lycoris comes out.1f602.png

yeah i have been holding off on this, i got the game a year ago, then i got fatal bullet later in the year and did that one first, been putting this one off for awhile. i basically do one SAO game a year. xD i think fatal bullet's platinum rate should be quite a bit higher, it was the second quickest next to lost song.

3 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

yeah i have been holding off on this, i got the game a year ago, then i got fatal bullet later in the year and did that one first, been putting this one off for awhile. i basically do one SAO game a year. xD i think fatal bullet's platinum rate should be quite a bit higher, it was the second quickest next to lost song.

I wasn't a huge fan of HF's combat system, but I grew to tolerate it as I got stronger. 

Fatal Bullet is like any other SAO game. The grinding parts is what deters most people from the plat. I don't mind long boring grinds though, I just want this series on my profile. xD 

15 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I wasn't a huge fan of HF's combat system, but I grew to tolerate it as I got stronger. 

Fatal Bullet is like any other SAO game. The grinding parts is what deters most people from the plat. I don't mind long boring grinds though, I just want this series on my profile. xD 

i like the combat system, of all of them lol. i wish the loot was more varied though, more unique enemies would be nice as well. i honestly don't find that i get stronger in some of these though, especially the hollow games with leveling. seems like what makes you stronger is buffs and better sword skills. i could not for the life of me master OSS's in HF, i could only get a small combo with them. i ended up just grinding the easier HNM's like the kobold dude until i got my 100 solo multi-player kills.

i might eventually get back into fatal bullet though due to them adding DLC trophies, or just might keep that one settled with just having the platinum in it. i doubt the expansion that added DLC trophies will go on sale individually, but i have it on my wish list just in case lol.

also a little note, its not mentioned in the guide but i don't believe Yui has a bed CG. i did a few perfect bed scenes and no CG scene ever came up, i looked around google to see if she had one or not, couldn't turn up anything besides a youtube video of the pillow talk with Yui that didn't end it with a CG. caused a slight amount of frustration last night. i don't think this can be questioned to the guide creator Satoshi as i don't think he comes here anymore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i like the combat system, of all of them lol. i wish the loot was more varied though, more unique enemies would be nice as well. i honestly don't find that i get stronger in some of these though, especially the hollow games with leveling. seems like what makes you stronger is buffs and better sword skills. i could not for the life of me master OSS's in HF, i could only get a small combo with them. i ended up just grinding the easier HNM's like the kobold dude until i got my 100 solo multi-player kills.

I liked Lost Songs, most. I wasn't aware that HR's combat was like HF's until a couple days ago. I hope it's at least somewhat more fluid? HF's entire gameplay felt like cardboard.

i might eventually get back into fatal bullet though due to them adding DLC trophies, or just might keep that one settled with just having the platinum in it. i doubt the expansion that added DLC trophies will go on sale individually, but i have it on my wish list just in case lol.

Well there is the golden week sale coming up so maybe it'll be there?

also a little note, its not mentioned in the guide but i don't believe Yui has a bed CG. i did a few perfect bed scenes and no CG scene ever came up, i looked around google to see if she had one or not, couldn't turn up anything besides a youtube video of the pillow talk with Yui that didn't end it with a CG. caused a slight amount of frustration last night. i don't think this can be questioned to the guide creator Satoshi as i don't think he comes here anymore.

He doesn't but you could try to message him on PSN.

56 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I liked Lost Songs, most. I wasn't aware that HR's combat was like HF's until a couple days ago. I hope it's at least somewhat more fluid? HF's entire gameplay felt like cardboard.

Well there is the golden week sale coming up so maybe it'll be there?

He doesn't but you could try to message him on PSN.

lost song was my first one and really enjoyed my time with it. i was nervous to do HF first, the rarity and difficulty estimate made me nervous back then, but the difficulty trophy guides have it at should be like a 3 at most not 7's. i don't equate difficulty with time spent. i've done the vita version of HF, hear the ps4 version has some extra grinding like reaching level 200 and maxing affection with two more characters, also some kind of boss trophy. not sure if i would do the ps4 version and go through that again with extra layers lol.

yeah i haven't really proceeded to far with the combat in HR, the presentation to me doesn't look too far off from the vita version of HF in some areas, like in the main hub/town. while some areas like in combat seems a bit more flashier. combat seems a bit quicker. like sephiroth4424 said, auto attack is gone. you now press square for that. i liked how in HF you could haste your attack and auto attack to level proficiency's, its annoying with square because when doing that kirito uses a sword skill at the end of his attack which makes it hard to grind proficiency. that is kinda why i am focusing on maxing affection with some characters early, because they like to kill everything too, and unlike HF you have 3 companions rather than one. you cant make them wait either like you could in HF like when you did that they would stop killing things for a little bit.

cant wait for golden week, favorite sale of the year for sure. sometimes some newer stuff goes on sale for decent prices, plus some cheaper older stuff. hopefully Sony doesn't do away with it with all the anti-japan stuff going on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This is slightly off topic, but since you brought it up. Have you played Freedom Wars, I was wondering how Fatal Bullet compared. I just ordered Fatal Bullet since I saw it for around $30CAD. Which is fine for me.

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

This is slightly off topic, but since you brought it up. Have you played Freedom Wars, I was wondering how Fatal Bullet compared. I just ordered Fatal Bullet since I saw it for around $30CAD. Which is fine for me.

I haven't played it. I don't own a Vita and I believe it's only on that system right?

From the very little I saw in gameplay it looks like it plays the same. Fatal Bullet is a bit on the stiffer side imo, but I don't remember if I ever messed with the sensitivity settings.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

its quite a bit like it, from a game play stand point. obviously not mission/hunter structure based kind of game as its like other SAO games with semi-open world maps. it also has the whip/leash thing from freedom wars.(god i forgot what it was called in freedom wars, even forgot what they call it in this game lol.) so you can zoom through the maps, one thing i didn't like is the game likes to have auto-target on so you gotta keep turning it off. but you'll definitely want it on later in the game for grinding weapon proficiency and such.

• Like 1

I got the 200 Skill points earlier. I had to use 1234 points to buy all the skills and unlock 13 Ex-skills (i'm missing one ex-skill). Unlocking Ex-skills is expensive but they don't count for the trophy.

I only bought skills that needed 1-7 points except 5-6 skills that needed either 9 or 11 points.

In the 9 weapons i farmed 5831 mastery points.I maxed two weapons, the 1H and the Rapier.

In the 13 Ex-skills i farmed 6509 mastery points and only maxed the Celestial Blades (dual-wield).

So you are definitely need 12000+ mastery across everything in order to unlock 200 skills.

Now i need to get the last ex-skill by blocking 3000 times and use Horizontal Slash another 4204 times

This would be a lot more rare if they didn't change the affection system. When it first came out, grinding each characters affection rating took 8-10 hours. So doing it all right away, took.....well a lot of time. Then they patched it so each character only took 2-3 hours for affection grinding.

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I got the 200 Skill points earlier. I had to use 1234 points to buy all the skills and unlock 13 Ex-skills (i'm missing one ex-skill). Unlocking Ex-skills is expensive but they don't count for the trophy.

I only bought skills that needed 1-7 points except 5-6 skills that needed either 9 or 11 points.

In the 9 weapons i farmed 5831 mastery points.I maxed two weapons, the 1H and the Rapier.

In the 13 Ex-skills i farmed 6509 mastery points and only maxed the Celestial Blades (dual-wield).

So you are definitely need 12000+ mastery across everything in order to unlock 200 skills.

Now i need to get the last ex-skill by blocking 3000 times and use Horizontal Slash another 4204 times

its strange i cant figure out, there is a person on my friends list who platinum'd hollow fragment, but hasn't touched HR for a couple of years with the only trophy the person has left is the 10,000 master between weapons and ex skills, i was thinking that if you bought 200 skills you would be well on your way there, but as you stated in needing 12,000 mastery practically to get 200 skills. :c

that's unfortunate that skills you unlock within the ex skill trees don't count, guess i'll mostly leave them alone except for ones you need like for 10 OSS chains and such.

so from your experience thus far, would you say the game is less skilled compared to HF concerning the platinum strictly? like you don't need have set ups and best of equips like HF? just basically grind after grind practically? i remember in HF going after a bunch of specifics, like certain implements, doing some DLC for sword skills, going after equips to be a glass cannon, and that time challenge for the sword.

yeah if you haven't already you aren't going to like the affection grinding if you haven't worked on a lot of people already. been working on those for the past 3 days, by time i finish it for the characters i have access to i will have to do them with 2 others when they become available.

one other thing, for the healing implement for one of the ex skills, do you know if healing counts even if you aren't damaged?

6 hours ago, RJP_X said:

its strange i cant figure out, there is a person on my friends list who platinum'd hollow fragment, but hasn't touched HR for a couple of years with the only trophy the person has left is the 10,000 master between weapons and ex skills, i was thinking that if you bought 200 skills you would be well on your way there, but as you stated in needing 12,000 mastery practically to get 200 skills. :c

that's unfortunate that skills you unlock within the ex skill trees don't count, guess i'll mostly leave them alone except for ones you need like for 10 OSS chains and such.

so from your experience thus far, would you say the game is less skilled compared to HF concerning the platinum strictly? like you don't need have set ups and best of equips like HF? just basically grind after grind practically? i remember in HF going after a bunch of specifics, like certain implements, doing some DLC for sword skills, going after equips to be a glass cannon, and that time challenge for the sword.

yeah if you haven't already you aren't going to like the affection grinding if you haven't worked on a lot of people already. been working on those for the past 3 days, by time i finish it for the characters i have access to i will have to do them with 2 others when they become available.

one other thing, for the healing implement for one of the ex skills, do you know if healing counts even if you aren't damaged?

- The skills within the Ex-skills count towards the 200 Skills trophy. The Ex-skills themselves doesn't.For example, the Celestial Blades costs 15 skill points to unlock.Those 15 points are wasted but everything within CB counts.

- You need no setups for the plat in HR. I haven't beaten the final boss but i can't imagine the fight will be hard.I defeated everything else under-leveled without even using SSC. The only setup i used so far is with skills that fill or extend the SP and the skill Overdrive. As for weapons i'm using the ones i found in chests from the third area, didn't even bother opening boxes in the other areas, i was too bored. I even closed the application after i got the trophies for a weapon+9 and a legendary weapon so i call sell later the ingredients needed for those trophies.

- I don't know about healing. I unlocked it end-game without farming the hidden requirement.

- As for your friend, i don't know. I am certain that you need 12000+ mastery points in order to buy 200 skills. But i read that in a dlc you get a present and go to level 80 so maybe there is something like that for getting skill points? Or maybe you can buy skill points by paying real money in the store?

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 4:17 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

- The skills within the Ex-skills count towards the 200 Skills trophy. The Ex-skills themselves doesn't.For example, the Celestial Blades costs 15 skill points to unlock.Those 15 points are wasted but everything within CB counts.

- You need no setups for the plat in HR. I haven't beaten the final boss but i can't imagine the fight will be hard.I defeated everything else under-leveled without even using SSC. The only setup i used so far is with skills that fill or extend the SP and the skill Overdrive. As for weapons i'm using the ones i found in chests from the third area, didn't even bother opening boxes in the other areas, i was too bored. I even closed the application after i got the trophies for a weapon+9 and a legendary weapon so i call sell later the ingredients needed for those trophies.

- I don't know about healing. I unlocked it end-game without farming the hidden requirement.

- As for your friend, i don't know. I am certain that you need 12000+ mastery points in order to buy 200 skills. But i read that in a dlc you get a present and go to level 80 so maybe there is something like that for getting skill points? Or maybe you can buy skill points by paying real money in the store?

thanks a lot for getting back with this post lots of helpful stuff.

yeah, you likely do need that much mastery. i know nothing about the free/nor the paid DLC either. i think in HF there were additional ways to get skill points, maybe from implements? or maybe i am thinking of an entirely different game, but i thought i recall there being a way to get some more skill points besides mastery in that game. the same person also gave up on getting 1000 mastery for each weapon type in fatal bullet, which isn't nearly as bad as the hollow games. guess the person doesn't like mastery grinds lol.