Negative XP?!

I was playing online today and as soon as I shot someone in the showdown series, it leveled me up even though I was about 1,000 xp from my next level up.  Not only that, but now it shows negative xp on my progress (i.e. -4,875/4,600) for my next level.  Not sure if this will effect the level 50 trophy but I'm super nervous.  I'm only a few levels away and it would really suck if this glitches it out somehow.

Just a warning to anyone still trying to get to level 50 online.  Might want to hold off until they fix this.  Looked at reddit and it seems like this is effecting a lot of people.

Edited by JaneAusten69

I started to play Red Dead Online for the first time yesterday and I also had that negative XP. I'm not sure it really affects the leveling though... I started at rank 0 and got to rank 5 pretty quickly (during the intro). So while I saw negative XP, I still ranked up "normally" (I guess?).

On 4/10/2019 at 3:27 AM, Gommes_ said:

Don't worry. I had the same happening to me and other players in my friend list. At level 49 the counter switched from negative to positive again and at level 50 I got the trophy.

Yeah, same ended up happening for me.  Got the trophy.  Super glad I don't have to grind that XP anymore :) 

Edited by JaneAusten69