Farming Gil for Gil Toss

Can I farm millions of Gil and use Gil Toss to win harder fights? ( Trickster or the trial mode) and what's the max damage on The Traveler? 999 steps?
I can't kill Trickster due to it's immunity to physical damage and the Russian roulette of which black magick will work at the end of the fight is pissing me off. Will Gil Toss work? 

How much Gil do I need to comfortably get through this game? I'm currently at 4.5 million and doing the Jelly afk method and about to go to bed and was wondering what I should be using my gil for. The most expensive thing I've purchased was the $50,000 cat-ear Hoods.

Edited by ISeeWutUDidThere
Misspelling

4.5 million gil should be ample for anything you need. Your big purchases are the grimoires, of course, and then the expensive swords, but with the new stuff, things like the Tournesol aren't nearly as important (except for trophies, of course).

The main thing I used gil for was purchasing a ton of motes from the guild after beating Yiazmat. Motes are really useful in the boss rush.

I don't think Gil Toss is worth using... at all. There are so many awesome Technicks and Magicks that don't require any kind of grind. 

So save your money for anything trophy-related if you are going for the plat, those bazaar items can be pretty expensive!! 

As for Traveler, betweeen 990 and 999 steps your damage will be your number of steps multiplied by 10. Again, not a Technick I used, ever ?

• 3 weeks later...