Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

6 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Apparently it's a mixture between Jedi Academy, The Force Unleashed and Uncharted. And i'm so hyped about that. Let's see what they show us on Saturday.

This sounds too damn good!!! I’ll reserve judgment until Saturday. But this got my attention. 

I wish I could be excited but with everything else Star Wars related lately I'm expecting a lot of spectacle that won't really amount to much. Especially if EA are the ones determining "what players want" like they did with the other cancelled game.

1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

It's got EA on the box.... 

Starting to think someone pays you to scour these threads for anything remotely related to EA so you can sound the alarm for all us uneducated folk who don't know about the true evil they possess.

I for one am interested without jumping on the hype train yet, love Star Wars and I love Respawn so I'm really hoping it's great.

Not to mention that most people already in this thread are referencing past EA failures that are multiplayer and and shared world focused, so before you know anything about this game and toss it in with those, it is a singleplayer game. Just wait a damn second before writing stuff off! Please realise that you are not forced to play anything EA release and if you are not interested anyway you can go play heaps of other amazing games that will serve your time better than complaining about games and a publisher that you don't involve yourself with anyway.

They must've done some bad shit to you people haha, "Now (insert name), show me on the doll where EA touched you".

Edited by Bairuto
Extra thoughts/info
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bairuto said:

Starting to think someone pays you to scour these threads for anything remotely related to EA so you can sound the alarm for all us uneducated folk who don't know about the true evil they possess.

I for one am interested without jumping on the hype train yet, love Star Wars and I love Respawn so I'm really hoping it's great.

Not to mention that most people already in this thread are referencing past EA failures that are multiplayer and and shared world focused, so before you know anything about this game and toss it in with those, it is a singleplayer game. Just wait a damn second before writing stuff off! Please realise that you are not forced to play anything EA release and if you are not interested anyway you can go play heaps of other amazing games that will serve your time better than complaining about games and a publisher that you don't involve yourself with anyway.

They must've done some bad shit to you people haha, "Now (insert name), show me on the doll where EA touched you".

Love Star Wars and like Respawn too but let's be real here, EA ain't gonna change their ways + it's already confirmed that the game will have predatory practices.  

Wait for REAL reviews and state of game 3+ months in. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Love Star Wars and like Respawn too but let's be real here, EA ain't gonna change their ways + it's already confirmed that the game will have predatory practices.  

Wait for REAL reviews and state of game 3+ months in. 

But it's singleplayer so they'll be optional predatory practices, if it's like xp boosters and shit like Assassin's Creed Odyssey had I couldn't care less because they don't affect my personal game in any way, and usually they're not a necessity, although I agree we don't know the extent of it yet.

I do see where you're coming from, like I said above not jumping on the hype train yet. Just think the EA rhetoric can carry so much weight it becomes more important than the game itself and that is a problem for me when the game is good, if it is good obviously. EA do some stupid shit like calling people dumb about Battlefield V, which sucked because it really is a great game but it just got dragged down by what they said and the media coverage on it. In saying that I understand why to an extent, but it goes too far sometimes. Let's just see the reveal and see what it actually is, I really do hope it is great and they at least try to win back some people that they have alienated lately.

Just to make this clear I'm not an EA fanboy, I just want good games from them, so if they make a good game I'll praise them for it, because if they get trashed on for making something good just as much as when they release something bad, they'll start trying even less.

• Like 2

Last Star Wars game I cared about was a LEGO one. People harp on about how Disney are "ruining" Star Wars... at least in terms of game quality, they're matching the joyless mediocre output of mid-2000s LucasArts ?

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

What about Mass effect andromeda, DA, and even games like sims 4 etc.

I mean there is a reason why people are not touching games associated with EA for a reason.

I'm hoping its good, but I do not even want to set the bar any higher than what they consistently deal out.

I'll be PLEASANTLY surprised, but given how they already deal with the Star Wars License, I'm already very skeptical as many would be.

I don't blame them from being already upset as EA is known to rush and murder many games.

The MP isn't the only issue, the issue is if this star wars game fails many will say well fuck I'm burned re-hype up the next EA project.

Borderline Stockholm syndrome at this point tbh.

Fair enough, I know Andromeda flopped, but I'm not well versed enough in DA or sims and I thought they were received quite well from what I've seen, if that is not the case then yeah add them to the pile haha. It is hard to see a light in the tunnel, I felt that after the 2 Battlefront games for sure, and I'm not a prophet but I honestly believe that they know that they screwed up their Star Wars entries so far and want to turn it around with this one. Being at Star Wars celebration and having it under close scrutiny after the Battlefront's will hopefully help our causes.

With the getting burned part and then coming back for more, I completely agree. I personally did it with Destiny, got very hype for the first, got it and it just wasn't my thing. Then they start gearing up for 2 and I'm back in thinking I'll stick with it and it'll be great and again it just didn't have what I wanted or wasn't for me, but now I've been through that I won't be buying 3 no matter how good it looks. It's a silly thing to be disappointed then come back for more every time but it definitely wears off eventually, and most people wise up and stop falling into that cycle after a short time. As a possible outsider to this I'm sure it would be extremely frustrating to see.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I'll patiently wait for EA to cancel it or ruin it by the end of 2019 (I wish this were a joke at this point)

Haha maybe but EA don't cancel stuff if it means money, more likely they release it the same week as another huge franchise and make their own properties go to war lmao

18 hours ago, KurumiSeirei said:

Oh my god finally! I'm so excited for this!

me too.

18 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Then I have high hopes for this. Hopefully it's a single player campaign, like the Force Unleashed series, and not multiplayer-based like Battlefront. 

It is a single-player game.

11 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I'll patiently wait for EA to cancel it or ruin it by the end of 2019 (I wish this were a joke at this point)

The game is scheduled to release Holiday 2019. I can only hope it doesn't get delayed.

7 hours ago, Feral said:

If it's got singleplayer then I'm cautiously interested. 

It is a single-player game.

• Like 1

Part of me is hopeful for this, but I've been so burned out by SW games.

And on the EA hate train, this logo made me realize that for the recent SW EA games, EA puts their name right in the game logo itself. As far as I can tell, nobody else does this with any games. EA is acting like "Star Wars EA" is a brand. Fucking EA.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Void said:

concerned but I put it on gamefly

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Part of me is hopeful for this, but I've been so burned out by SW games.

Just like all of you, I'm also cautiously optimistic about this game because Respawn's track record has been amazing. So far. And I want this Star Wars game to succeed.