zizimonster

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

132 posts in this topic

Part of me is hopeful for this, but I've been so burned out by SW games.

And on the EA hate train, this logo made me realize that for the recent SW EA games, EA puts their name right in the game logo itself. As far as I can tell, nobody else does this with any games. EA is acting like "Star Wars EA" is a brand. Fucking EA.

4 hours ago, Void said:

concerned but I put it on gamefly

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Part of me is hopeful for this, but I've been so burned out by SW games.

Just like all of you, I'm also cautiously optimistic about this game because Respawn's track record has been amazing. So far. And I want this Star Wars game to succeed.

12 hours ago, zizimonster said:

It is a single-player game.

Awesome. Maybe just maybe EA has learnt something then.

Official poster

Ec0HvZk.png

All rumors but theoretically it sounds great, definitely welcome a parrying type system, will be much better than just spamming attack constantly, very promising if true. Hard not to have a better story than BF2 the campaign was crap in it, I liked the backpack droid though so hopefully this expands on it. Only part I didn't like was your personal note lmao, to each their own I guess!

That poster looks sick too

On 10-4-2019 at 4:54 AM, AK-1138 said:

Last Star Wars game I cared about was a LEGO one. People harp on about how Disney are "ruining" Star Wars... at least in terms of game quality, they're matching the joyless mediocre output of mid-2000s LucasArts 😌

Wait, you have a time machine? What's the 2050's like?

Mentioned being like Dark Souls...if it's as difficult, then I'll pass. I prefer a more relaxing experience. 

15 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

It sounds 😚👌

On 4/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, ziggypossum said:

I read this on ResetEra early this week. However, that particular member has requested to delete his/her account and posts. The game is also rumored to blend Dark Souls, Uncharted, and The Force Unleashed. Well, we shall find out in a few hours. :popcorn:

14 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Official poster

Ec0HvZk.png

Gorgeous artwork. 😍

Posted (edited)

It's not a, My mind is blown at the moment

giphy.gif

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

On 4/11/2019 at 5:56 AM, ziggypossum said:

If I had a dollar every time someone said a game's combat was Dark Souls esque... I think I'd be filthy fucking rich at this point.

Also, the stream goes live in 2 hours. So we'll finally see this game with our own eyes.

18 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

If I had a dollar every time someone said a game's combat was Dark Souls esque... I think I'd be filthy fucking rich at this point.

Also, the stream goes live in 2 hours. So we'll finally see this game with our own eyes.

So fucking true people now days will compare anything hard to Darksouls as well like the only identity Dark souls has is the fact that it is hard.  Like when Cuphead came out and the one idiot reviewing it said it was the Darksouls of platformers.

Technically  even stuff like HZD and new GOW can be classified as "souls like" under certain characteristics. Action Game with a limited tacked on rpg mechanic so really being similiar to Dark Souls means nothing, I'll wait and see.

I'm so freaking excited about this, especially after they cancelled Visceral's game for being a single player experience! I don't know what makes this any different... but Vince Zampella has confirmed there will be no MP or MTX!! Let's hope this is a statement we can hold them to.

What genre is this? Action-Adventure? Perhaps it is like The Force Unleashed. I always wished a Star Wars game on console where you are able create your own character like Old Republic, join Sith or Jedi and multiple dialogue options like Dragon Age or Mass Effect (unfortunately i don't play SW on PC).

In any case I hope it will not end like 1313...

On 2019-04-09 at 9:25 PM, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

it's already confirmed that the game will have predatory practices.  

Wait for REAL reviews and state of game 3+ months in. 

Did EA, Respawn or any other credible game journalist actually confirm that or was it you? Most sources and gaming journalists are saying that the game will not feature multiplayer or any micro transactions of the sort. Also there’s no such thing as “REAL” reviews, that’s just something people who know nothing about constructive criticism say because critics are always wrong except when i agree with them. 

Even though I'm hopeful that they say no MP or microtransactions, I'll believe it when I see it. EA doesn't have the best track record when it comes to the truth.

3 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

5iyMgon.jpg

That looks like a formula that cannot fail, we will see though. I really hope its something good.

Posted (edited)

every-time i hear/see a "Dark Souls comparison" my though is clunky and sluggish, but as scemopagliaccioh the reference no longer means anything as you could nit-pick any thing and use it as a comparison. As for EAs practices I will believe it when I see it.

Edited by Void

Dark souls gameplay? Well then I don't care for it lol

2 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

CAMERON MONAGHAN LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

tumblr_njw9jtxc3J1r6glglo4_500.gif

I prefer his acting as the gay Ian Gallagher on Shameless.