Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

November 15th, but no gameplay. Come on.

edit; "We're trying hard to hit that date"... mmm....hmm....

Even in the best case scenario where this is single player with no strings, why the fuck was Amy Hennig's game cancelled then? Or that open world game? And why wasn't 1313 just taken over by EA? The EA deal was the biggest mistake Disney has made in terms of getting games to fans. They all could've sucked ass, but at least we would've gotten more than two games in all this time. And there wouldn't be a strangle hold on the IP from EA. I'll be forever bitter about Amy Hennig's game.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Did EA, Respawn or any other credible game journalist actually confirm that or was it you? Most sources and gaming journalists are saying that the game will not feature multiplayer or any micro transactions of the sort. Also there’s no such thing as “REAL” reviews, that’s just something people who know nothing about constructive criticism say because critics are always wrong except when i agree with them. 

There were rumors from many websites that It had them but now it's confirmed that it doesn't.  That said, wait till its out and give it a good 3+ months cuz they could patch them in at any point.

REAL reviews means word of mouth from players.  Let the Charlie testers do their thing and then decide wether to buy or not.  I've dodged many bullets because of that simple practice.

4 hours ago, Valyrious said:

If I had a dollar every time someone said a game's combat was Dark Souls esque... I think I'd be filthy fucking rich at this point.

Also, the stream goes live in 2 hours. So we'll finally see this game with our own eyes.

It's the best combat system (melee) in the last 10+ years.

"No microtransactions" yeah pardon my skepticism on that. At best I'll get this used if it actually does turn out to be decent but even then it would have to really impress me in order for me to get it since Respawn for the time being aren't too bad but that can quickly change.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Even in the best case scenario where this is single player with no strings, why the fuck was Amy Hennig's game cancelled then? Or that open world game? And why wasn't 1313 just taken over by EA? The EA deal was the biggest mistake Disney has made in terms of getting games to fans. They all could've sucked ass, but at least we would've gotten more than two games in all this time. And there wouldn't be a strangle hold on the IP from EA. I'll be forever bitter about Amy Hennig's game.

I forget, but wasn't Amy Hennig's game eventually changed to become open world after she left and they "internally reviewed it" to where they said players wouldn't like it but then scrapped it not too long after that? Or am I forgetting another open world game?

23 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

The positives:
Everything

The negatives:
EA

So the publisher is also technically a positive and a negative in that case? Do they cancel each other out? 

People care way too much about EA, and it shows how much people think publishers affect a game's development.
Fun fact: Anthem isn't shit because of EA. It's because BioWare management is "seemingly" incapable of making a good modern game.
Another fun fact: Apex Legends is an EA product. But, it's good... so how could anybody like it?!? According to everybody in this thread, EA is personally involved with their developer's projects... 

I really hate when people's blind ignorance forces me to defend EA.

I still remember when people feared/assumed - incorrectly, I might add - that Sekiro would be terrible because of their publisher Activision's involvement. Might be a good idea to brush up on what a publishers role is in a video game before you act like you know what you're talking about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

"No microtransactions" yeah pardon my skepticism on that. At best I'll get this used if it actually does turn out to be decent but even then it would have to really impress me in order for me to get it since Respawn for the time being aren't too bad but that can quickly change.

I forget, but wasn't Amy Hennig's game eventually changed to become open world after she left and they "internally reviewed it" to where they said players wouldn't like it but then scrapped it not too long after that? Or am I forgetting another open world game?

From my understanding the open world game was built using a lot of reused assets from Amy's game.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

From my understanding the open world game was built using a lot of reused assets from Amy's game.

Yeah, seems that way. I remembered there being a thing about them overhauling it but I don't see how that would have gone well. From the sound of it even if they did go through with it, it would have been some Frankenstein monster of a game that would have barely resembled the original idea.

As far as 1313 and the other games, when Lucas sold the rights to Disney it felt like they were pretty much pulling the plug on anything they themselves weren't making to pave way for their ideas even if the stuff being made already was well received. 1313 and this other FPS I forgot the name of got canned for some multiplayer starfighter game (I guess that was supposed to be like that Ace Combat free-to-play game) that also wound up falling through, and then they cancelled The Clone Wars for that Rebels TV show, which had to bring Thrawn from the original Expanded Universe to bring in viewers. There are probably other examples I'm forgetting but it all just came off as "No, you will like what we make." The only thing that got spared was The Old Republic MMO but I guess it's obvious why that did now.

So basically my guess as to why 1313 didn't just get handed over was because they didn't come up with it themselves and just scrapped all these other projects and getting rid of LucasArts too quickly probably because it would have been too much of a hassle to just shift things over to EA, I don't know. All I know is I was denied Crazy Coruscant Underlevel Adventures and all we got for it were lackluster Battlefront games with this probably being the only half-decent one in seven years.

9 hours ago, Valyrious said:

So the publisher is also technically a positive and a negative in that case? Do they cancel each other out? 

People care way too much about EA, and it shows how much people think publishers affect a game's development.
Fun fact: Anthem isn't shit because of EA. It's because BioWare management is "seemingly" incapable of making a good modern game.
Another fun fact: Apex Legends is an EA product. But, it's good... so how could anybody like it?!? According to everybody in this thread, EA is personally involved with their developer's projects... 

I really hate when people's blind ignorance forces me to defend EA.

I still remember when people feared/assumed - incorrectly, I might add - that Sekiro would be terrible because of their publisher Activision's involvement. Might be a good idea to brush up on what a publishers role is in a video game before you act like you know what you're talking about.

When it comes to Sekiro, I agree with you. We might argue about it, but From made 4-5 amazing games in a row. And, while Activision does ruin things sometimes, I think EA has done so much more.

While we are at the topic of EA, they have ruined both BF1 and 2 in a span of 3 years. I think our worries were justified. 

• Like 1