Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

On 4/13/2019 at 0:08 PM, Elvick_ said:

November 15th, but no gameplay. Come on.

edit; "We're trying hard to hit that date"... mmm....hmm....

Even in the best case scenario where this is single player with no strings, why the fuck was Amy Hennig's game cancelled then? Or that open world game? And why wasn't 1313 just taken over by EA? The EA deal was the biggest mistake Disney has made in terms of getting games to fans. They all could've sucked ass, but at least we would've gotten more than two games in all this time. And there wouldn't be a strangle hold on the IP from EA. I'll be forever bitter about Amy Hennig's game.

Disney is by no means a saint. They are one of the biggest culprits out there when it comes to merchandising. They're currently on a trend to butcher the all time classics, one of which is Aladdin which happens to star Will Smith as the Genie. Not that I have anything against Will Smith because I literally grew up watching the man and I loved his sitcom with Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton Banks), but I think a lot of other movie stars would of fit the role much better.

Amy Hennig is a good woman, but I had a feeling that her Star Wars game would of just been an Uncharted esque experience, with light sabers, jedi fighters and virtually every reference that made Star Wars famous. That still would of been a lot better than what EA has done to the Star Wars license.

The way EA has treated the franchise and the reception they got when people were bringing copies of Star Wars Battlefront 2 to the stores says a lot. It's a shame.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

looks like uncharteds climbing/rope stuff and run of the mill 3rd person combat. tell me again why viscerals game was cancelled? this looks like something they would have done lol.

I love both Uncharted and Star Wars, so this game is a must-buy for me. :D

Yeah, I'm still upset about the cancelled Visceral Games' Ragtag project. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Void said:

looks like Uncharted meets Force Unleashed, I will add it to Gamefly

I expect this game to be better than The Force Unleashed. Respawn hasn't crafted a bad game (Titanfall 1 & 2, Apex Legends). Moreover, Fallen Order is helmed by God of War III director Stig Asmussen. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

From what I've read online, Respawn is still keeping some stuff behind closed door. Wonder what that is. :hmm:

Well, we'll finally find out when the game ships in mid-November.

• Like 1

Sad to see Star Wars under Disney still hasn't produced an interesting new alien species, judging from the cover.

The game itself looks like Uncharted meets BamHam combat (okay, maybe I should just say Batman Arkham, not everyone will understand BamHam) with some Star Wars sprinkled over; it might have gotten me slightly excited five years ago, but not so much anymore. Feels like they just went down a checklist of standard gameplay elements to have in your TPS.

I might at some point play it if I can loan it off a friend for a quick and easy Platinum, but otherwise, no thanks. Will give the design team props for that nifty-looking new hub ship, the something something Mantis I believe it's called.

11 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Sad to see Star Wars under Disney still hasn't produced an interesting new alien species, judging from the cover.

The game itself looks like Uncharted meets BamHam combat (okay, maybe I should just say Batman Arkham, not everyone will understand BamHam) with some Star Wars sprinkled over; it might have gotten me slightly excited five years ago, but not so much anymore. Feels like they just went down a checklist of standard gameplay elements to have in your TPS.

I might at some point play it if I can loan it off a friend for a quick and easy Platinum, but otherwise, no thanks. Will give the design team props for that nifty-looking new hub ship, the something something Mantis I believe it's called.

I agree. Uncharted + Arkham + Star Wars sounds really good on paper, but the gameplay didn't impress me at all. Looks almost exactly like the Hero gameplay on Battlefront 2, I'd have expected something more impressive. Just give us Star Wars 1313 back, lol.

11 minutes ago, Thrintus said:

I agree. Uncharted + Arkham + Star Wars sounds really good on paper, but the gameplay didn't impress me at all. Looks almost exactly like the Hero gameplay on Battlefront 2, I'd have expected something more impressive. Just give us Star Wars 1313 back, lol.

I like the gameplay in all those :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was initially pretty optimistic about this game when it was originally announced, as i was expecting to see a highly engaging action game like Titanfall 2 or a game that allows for a lot of customization like KOTOR. 

Sadly the gameplay shown so far doesn’t really support either of these expectations.

The extended gameplay demo makes me more excited about this game. Moreover, the metroidvania-like adventure is definitely a selling point if the devs execute it well.

---------------------------------

Note: first page updated! :)

• Like 1