zizimonster

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

132 posts in this topic

any info if it's an fps, or third person?

11 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

any info if it's an fps, or third person?

It's a third person game (which is going to be interesting going from that)

9 hours ago, Valyrious said:

So the publisher is also technically a positive and a negative in that case? Do they cancel each other out? 

People care way too much about EA, and it shows how much people think publishers affect a game's development.
Fun fact: Anthem isn't shit because of EA. It's because BioWare management is "seemingly" incapable of making a good modern game.
Another fun fact: Apex Legends is an EA product. But, it's good... so how could anybody like it?!? According to everybody in this thread, EA is personally involved with their developer's projects... 

I really hate when people's blind ignorance forces me to defend EA.

I still remember when people feared/assumed - incorrectly, I might add - that Sekiro would be terrible because of their publisher Activision's involvement. Might be a good idea to brush up on what a publishers role is in a video game before you act like you know what you're talking about.

When it comes to Sekiro, I agree with you. We might argue about it, but From made 4-5 amazing games in a row. And, while Activision does ruin things sometimes, I think EA has done so much more.

While we are at the topic of EA, they have ruined both BF1 and 2 in a span of 3 years. I think our worries were justified. 

Let's not worry too much until at least we see some gameplay, and then vote with your wallets. Cheers! :coffee:

On 4/13/2019 at 0:08 PM, Elvick_ said:

November 15th, but no gameplay. Come on.

edit; "We're trying hard to hit that date"... mmm....hmm....

Even in the best case scenario where this is single player with no strings, why the fuck was Amy Hennig's game cancelled then? Or that open world game? And why wasn't 1313 just taken over by EA? The EA deal was the biggest mistake Disney has made in terms of getting games to fans. They all could've sucked ass, but at least we would've gotten more than two games in all this time. And there wouldn't be a strangle hold on the IP from EA. I'll be forever bitter about Amy Hennig's game.

Disney is by no means a saint. They are one of the biggest culprits out there when it comes to merchandising. They're currently on a trend to butcher the all time classics, one of which is Aladdin which happens to star Will Smith as the Genie. Not that I have anything against Will Smith because I literally grew up watching the man and I loved his sitcom with Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton Banks), but I think a lot of other movie stars would of fit the role much better.

Amy Hennig is a good woman, but I had a feeling that her Star Wars game would of just been an Uncharted esque experience, with light sabers, jedi fighters and virtually every reference that made Star Wars famous. That still would of been a lot better than what EA has done to the Star Wars license.

The way EA has treated the franchise and the reception they got when people were bringing copies of Star Wars Battlefront 2 to the stores says a lot. It's a shame.

Posted (edited)

Get psyched!

Edited by zizimonster

If you're looking forward to seeing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in action, tune in to EA PLAY early next month.

1 minute ago, zizimonster said:

If you're looking forward to seeing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in action, tune in to EA PLAY early next month.

As much as I love gameplay vids I can't trust e3 gameplay at all anymore.

I'll personally wait for official gameplay

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Boxart revealed!

Standard

Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Box-Art-Stan

Deluxe

Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Box-Art-Delu

Looks wicked.

Posted (edited)

Nine hours to go...

Edited by zizimonster

Gameplay reveal

Some gorgeous screenshots and concept arts

img_swjedi3.jpg

img_swjedi2.jpg

img_swjedi1.jpg

f_swjedi1.jpg

img_swjedi3.jpg

img_swjedi4.jpg

img_swjedi6.jpg

img_swjedi2.jpg

looks like uncharteds climbing/rope stuff and run of the mill 3rd person combat. tell me again why viscerals game was cancelled? this looks like something they would have done lol.

Posted (edited)

looks like Uncharted meets Force Unleashed, I will add it to Gamefly

Edited by Void

6 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

looks like uncharteds climbing/rope stuff and run of the mill 3rd person combat. tell me again why viscerals game was cancelled? this looks like something they would have done lol.

I love both Uncharted and Star Wars, so this game is a must-buy for me. :D

Yeah, I'm still upset about the cancelled Visceral Games' Ragtag project. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Void said:

looks like Uncharted meets Force Unleashed, I will add it to Gamefly

I expect this game to be better than The Force Unleashed. Respawn hasn't crafted a bad game (Titanfall 1 & 2, Apex Legends). Moreover, Fallen Order is helmed by God of War III director Stig Asmussen. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

From what I've read online, Respawn is still keeping some stuff behind closed door. Wonder what that is. :hmm:

Well, we'll finally find out when the game ships in mid-November.

Sad to see Star Wars under Disney still hasn't produced an interesting new alien species, judging from the cover.

The game itself looks like Uncharted meets BamHam combat (okay, maybe I should just say Batman Arkham, not everyone will understand BamHam) with some Star Wars sprinkled over; it might have gotten me slightly excited five years ago, but not so much anymore. Feels like they just went down a checklist of standard gameplay elements to have in your TPS.

I might at some point play it if I can loan it off a friend for a quick and easy Platinum, but otherwise, no thanks. Will give the design team props for that nifty-looking new hub ship, the something something Mantis I believe it's called.

yeah literally no reason to have cancelled Visceral's game. may have even been better... the gameplay looks pretty cool, but the graphics look kind of harsh for a late gen game. hope this alpha footage gets polished up. a lot.

11 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Sad to see Star Wars under Disney still hasn't produced an interesting new alien species, judging from the cover.

The game itself looks like Uncharted meets BamHam combat (okay, maybe I should just say Batman Arkham, not everyone will understand BamHam) with some Star Wars sprinkled over; it might have gotten me slightly excited five years ago, but not so much anymore. Feels like they just went down a checklist of standard gameplay elements to have in your TPS.

I might at some point play it if I can loan it off a friend for a quick and easy Platinum, but otherwise, no thanks. Will give the design team props for that nifty-looking new hub ship, the something something Mantis I believe it's called.

I agree. Uncharted + Arkham + Star Wars sounds really good on paper, but the gameplay didn't impress me at all. Looks almost exactly like the Hero gameplay on Battlefront 2, I'd have expected something more impressive. Just give us Star Wars 1313 back, lol.

11 minutes ago, Thrintus said:

I agree. Uncharted + Arkham + Star Wars sounds really good on paper, but the gameplay didn't impress me at all. Looks almost exactly like the Hero gameplay on Battlefront 2, I'd have expected something more impressive. Just give us Star Wars 1313 back, lol.

I like the gameplay in all those :)

Posted (edited)

Another day, another trailer. The trailer has some gameplay footages we have never seen before. Take a look!

Edited by zizimonster

Why must every game have giant spiders these days? And giant SPACE spiders at that!

I am sure I will get it at some point as it is Star Wars but it looks kind of generic like the forgettable sp campaign in BF II (Iden Versio).