Undead Wolf

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?   336 members have voted

  1. 1. Should it be changed?

    • It's outdated and should be changed (be sure to post if you have a better idea than mine)
      153
    • It's perfect the way it is now
      182

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

262 posts in this topic

Given the fact that it was PSNP that set the standard for todays trophy system Sony uses, its clear we could change it.

My suggestion is that that stacked games will all count as one Finished game, 1 Platinum for 10x Soundshape or whatsoever.

I know that many would be really pissed if somethin like that would happend but from my point of view it takes the fun in gaming and supports trophy whore games.

 

Hakoom is best example for a gamer who lost his soul to the Numbers. we as community should enforce fun in gaming first and trophies second, so if we remove the whole Numbers game here on PSNP and make only one version of a game count then im sure it would have a positive effect in gaming and financial aspects.

Maybe once again sony will notice a trend and steal it from here.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" fun in gaming first and trophies second " but " stacked games will all count as one Finished game"

If the important thing is to have fun, what else gives you that people take out the platinum from several lists of the same game?

"positive effect in gaming and financial aspects " really?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarity change overtime, with your system you could wake up some day with your profile lvl decresed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

" fun in gaming first and trophies second " but " stacked games will all count as one Finished game"

If the important thing is to have fun, what else gives you that people take out the platinum from several lists of the same game?

"positive effect in gaming and financial aspects " really?

 

i dont say that the Platinums should be taken away and more like that they shouldnt count on the leaderboards and you can not tell me that people having fun spending money on 10 versions of the same game the dont enjoy after finishing the firsh time. But its a matter in opinion so i certainly wont argue with people whos OCD got the better of them without even realizing how it hurts Gaming.

 

PS: it talk about people in gerneral and not you in person just to avoid misunderstandings.

Edited by Vadrael
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vadrael said:

Given the fact that it was PSNP that set the standard for todays trophy system Sony uses, its clear we could change it.

My suggestion is that that stacked games will all count as one Finished game, 1 Platinum for 10x Soundshape or whatsoever.

I know that many would be really pissed if somethin like that would happend but from my point of view it takes the fun in gaming and supports trophy whore games.

 

Hakoom is best example for a gamer who lost his soul to the Numbers. we as community should enforce fun in gaming first and trophies second, so if we remove the whole Numbers game here on PSNP and make only one version of a game count then im sure it would have a positive effect in gaming and financial aspects.

Maybe once again sony will notice a trend and steal it from here.

 

il be the 1st happy trophy hunter if that happens

no stacks is a win situation for all of us

the only thing that would upset me is my milestones would be ruined.. like my planning of making my 100th 1000th plat a game of my choice will be destroyed 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I understand what you're saying. I might be repeating other folks in this post but I do believe that 100% games should just have a Platinum, hell Brawlhalla has a Platinum I'm pretty sure every game can have one. I'd also do away with the "Sound Shapes" type plats. Just share the trophies with every system and not separate them. Same philosophy with regions.

Edited by hishomie1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony doesn’t care at this point. People hack trophies without consequence. The quality control is so bare minimum it might as well not even be there. See a game like Orc Slayer for an example of something that has no business being sold in the store even if easy trophy lists weren’t a consideration.  

 

Stacking games across platforms is an interesting conversation because there are some great remasters with the same or very similar trophy lists that would also be affected by anything Sony implements: think Skyrim, GTA5, God of War 3, the Last of Us, etc etc. If you plat one of those games twice, should it count twice because they require significantly more effort than, for example, My Name is Mayo or Jack N Jill? Who gets to make the decision about where that line is when the distinction is less clear? 

 

IMO some degree of quality control for what does/doesn’t constitute a legitimate trophy list would be welcome, as would a solution to people abusing stacks to get 6 platinums from one trivial game, but any proposed fix would have problems to work out (hence threads like this one). 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people so occupied with rewarding some gaming and criticizing others?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it doesnt matter what sony does, what matters is what we do here as a community and set and trend that can not be ignored by the Trophy Hunter community

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it if PSN Profiles made all stacking irrelevant on their site. I haven't stacked a single game personally and have done my best to completely avoid doing so. The fact that people have more plats from shovelware and from stacking 1 game 10 times than I do total is laughable. They put no effort in and reap the rewards for it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Only thing that would be nice is the ability to delete games from my profile. Not just games at 0%, any game. And join together all games with "stacked" trophy lists.

Edited by me_is_caveman
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Why are people so occupied with rewarding some gaming and criticizing others?

 

Because they probably have nothing better to do in their lives.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.