Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?

Undead Wolf

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be changed?

• It's outdated and should be changed (be sure to post if you have a better idea than mine)
    • It's perfect the way it is now

Sony doesn’t care at this point. People hack trophies without consequence. The quality control is so bare minimum it might as well not even be there. See a game like Orc Slayer for an example of something that has no business being sold in the store even if easy trophy lists weren’t a consideration.  

Stacking games across platforms is an interesting conversation because there are some great remasters with the same or very similar trophy lists that would also be affected by anything Sony implements: think Skyrim, GTA5, God of War 3, the Last of Us, etc etc. If you plat one of those games twice, should it count twice because they require significantly more effort than, for example, My Name is Mayo or Jack N Jill? Who gets to make the decision about where that line is when the distinction is less clear? 

IMO some degree of quality control for what does/doesn’t constitute a legitimate trophy list would be welcome, as would a solution to people abusing stacks to get 6 platinums from one trivial game, but any proposed fix would have problems to work out (hence threads like this one). 

I'd love it if PSN Profiles made all stacking irrelevant on their site. I haven't stacked a single game personally and have done my best to completely avoid doing so. The fact that people have more plats from shovelware and from stacking 1 game 10 times than I do total is laughable. They put no effort in and reap the rewards for it. 

• Like 1