Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?

Undead Wolf

Does the Trophy System Need an Overhaul?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be changed?

• It's outdated and should be changed (be sure to post if you have a better idea than mine)
    • It's perfect the way it is now

1 hour ago, panikooooos said:

"Bruh.mp3 starts playing"

Yes I am referring to Share Play and you got no arguments fam I'm sorry. Seriously so just because we can't be sure someone invited over their friend and let him get the trophies for him we should just make it 200 times easier and legit for people to pay companies and get trophies for them? It's someone ELSE getting trophies for YOU, you do not deserve to be on the leaderboards you are a fraud if you support Share Play allowing you to get trophies. There's nothing wrong with glitches, boosting etc etc, as long as it's YOU getting the trophy without using someone else's work, you earned it, share play is literally people being frauds. 

Can you give me a link to one of these companies? I'd like to see if they have any job offers lmao.

Shareplay is a great feature to get splitscreen trophies. Just because a few people might abuse it doesn't mean they should disable it for everyone.

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Can you give me a link to one of these companies? I'd like to see if they have any job offers lmao.

Shareplay is a great feature to get splitscreen trophies. Just because a few people might abuse it doesn't mean they should disable it for everyone.

Why not just google "ps trophy service" and find out for yourself? This is just hilarious. How many times have you used shareplay to get splitscreen trophies? Like twice since 2013? Ok A Way Out, that's 1. Little Big Planet 3, maybe. I can't even think of more than 1 or 2 co-op games released in the past years. So you're okay with this feature that lets literally everyone get trophies fraudulently with the press of a button and safely without having to give others their personal account info, AS LONG as you don't have to experience the minor inconvenience of inviting a friend over for a day and do couch co-op, yep ok.

10 hours ago, xLilSheWolfx said:

Can I just point out the guy who is currently No1 worldwide also does stacks of hard and easy plat games so I just feel whoever starter this topic is mostly super jelly over leaderboards.

I also confess I multi stack on here and Xbox. I also don't give a hoot how that makes me look. I collect a lot of this in life like sticker books (Panini), collectible figures ect. I consider Xbox Achievements and PlayStation Trophies as collectibles too so If I know I can double or triple down on my collecting then I will.

To openly judge people and put people into corners/circles based on how they play is very isolating, rude and conceded. Why slag off people (who are unaware) just because the way they want to play, spend their money is not your cup of tea / taste / style.

Stop whining, grow up and realise there is more to gaming and life than just leaderboards.

Your assumption about me being "super jelly" over the leaderboards is flat out wrong, because quite honesty, I couldn't care less who's at the top of them. I barely even pay attention to my own rank. Would I care more about the leaderboards if the trophy system itself was more fair? Maybe, but that certainly wasn't what motivated me to create this thread. Notice how I didn't bring up the leaderboards even once in my opening post.

It feels like you missed the point of this thread. Putting my own personal feelings towards "EZPZ" plats aside, I just want a trophy system that reflects the current ecosystem. Sony created the trophy system with the intention of giving the bigger retail games a full list with a platinum trophy while small downloadable titles would just get a 100% list. It wasn't perfect but it worked just fine. Now that the lines between retail and downloadable games have been blurred, anything can get a platinum trophy these days. Combine this with Sony's lax approach to quality control and it's plain to see just how much faster it is to accumulate platinums and level up than when the trophy system was first introduced. You may not see this is as a problem, but there are many of us that do, and would like to see the trophy system change with the times.

It's ironic that you condemn judging people/slagging them off for what they enjoy, but you do the exact same thing to me in that very post. "Stop whining, grow up". Yeah, very helpful.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, panikooooos said:

"Bruh.mp3 starts playing"

Yes I am referring to Share Play and you got no arguments fam I'm sorry. Seriously so just because we can't be sure someone invited over their friend and let him get the trophies for him we should just make it 200 times easier and legit for people to pay companies and get trophies for them? It's someone ELSE getting trophies for YOU, you do not deserve to be on the leaderboards you are a fraud if you support Share Play allowing you to get trophies. There's nothing wrong with glitches, boosting etc etc, as long as it's YOU getting the trophy without using someone else's work, you earned it, share play is literally people being frauds. 

You can make your arbitrary distinctions to pretend you’re not a hypocrite. But nontrophy hunters would all say you’re a loser not just for earning trophies, but extra so for doing so via glitches, boosting, etc. Just because you’ve accepted cheating as normal in those ways (since you’re guilty of it, clearly) doesn’t change anything. You’re a hypocrite.

and “bruh” you didn’t address local coop. Almost like the one with no argument... is you. 

And really? I’m a fraud? Lol. I don’t give a shit about the leaderboards, but okay. They aren’t even a PSN feature. So why would Sony remove a dope feature that allows people to play games coop online for offline only games? 

Why not ask Sony to require the PS Camera record you play every game and record the gameplay so it can be verified as legit and as noncheated. Gotta make sure those 3rd party leaderboards are pristine! Get over yourself. 

4 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Why not just google "ps trophy service" and find out for yourself? This is just hilarious. How many times have you used shareplay to get splitscreen trophies? Like twice since 2013? Ok A Way Out, that's 1. Little Big Planet 3, maybe. I can't even think of more than 1 or 2 co-op games released in the past years. So you're okay with this feature that lets literally everyone get trophies fraudulently with the press of a button and safely without having to give others their personal account info, AS LONG as you don't have to experience the minor inconvenience of inviting a friend over for a day and do couch co-op, yep ok.

Imagining thinking most trophy hunters bother to do this. Lol. These same “companies” likely were there already, they just signed onto your account to do it. Which is a bit more risky, but lazy people are dumb so.

who cares. Stop living life based on what stupid people do with things.  

14 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... I misread the question and as a result voted for the wrong option. Just put me in the "its fine the way it is" category. Most problems I have with how trophies are implemented now comes down to the devs themselves, and nothing inherently wrong with the system Sony has set up.

Of course, Sony could be proactive and address the situation head-on by letting us disable trophies ourselves and/or deleting finished/unfinished games BUT ANYWAYS..........

Out of curiosity why would you need to disable trophies? A universal “hide all trophies” would do the same thing. Just turn off notifications and there ya go. Hell, you don’t even have to hide them since you can just not go out of your way to look for them. I think people who don’t care about trophies (most people mind you) just don’t pay attention at all. So why would disabling them outright need to occur?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

You can make your arbitrary distinctions

Contrary to you getting your objective moral truths from God himself I suppose. A human drawing arbitrary lines? Unthinkable!

But nontrophy hunters would all say

Nobody cares

you’ve accepted cheating

I haven't

I don’t give a shit about the leaderboards

Really, you don't care? Is that why you're on psnprofiles the only site known for having the cleanest trophy leaderboards with tons of cheaters removed every day? Kinda weird huh? Or maybe you use this site to get into arguments who knows. 

To conclude:

Spoiler

1482005277072.png

1 hour ago, panikooooos said:

Contrary to you getting your objective moral truths from God himself I suppose. A human drawing arbitrary lines? Unthinkable!

Nobody cares

I haven't

Really, you don't care? Is that why you're on psnprofiles the only site known for having the cleanest trophy leaderboards with tons of cheaters removed every day? Kinda weird huh? Or maybe you use this site to get into arguments who knows. 

To conclude:

Reveal hidden contents

1482005277072.png

Sarcasm with no actual counter point, and just ignoring what I'm saying. You're doing great.

I'm on here for the sleek profiles, good UI, and data (trophies earned by hour, etc). Not leaderboards. And the bonus fact thta I can just pay them once to get rid of ads and that's dope.

But sure. tell me more about why I'm here. I can't wait to hear more about myself from you. :3

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm on here for the sleek profiles, good UI, and data (trophies earned by hour, etc). Not leaderboards. And the bonus fact thta I can just pay them once to get rid of ads and that's dope.

Pretty much why I chose this site as well. It's easier on the eyes and just seems more professional, intuitive, etc. 

Just now, TheLakota said:

Pretty much why I chose this site as well. It's easier on the eyes and just seems more professional, intuitive, etc. 

And to also seek some help on trophies or dig up some rumors about upcoming games. Plus, this community is a whole lot nicer than other forums I been to. (Almost, since there are rude and offensive people here, but I pay them no mind). I don't pay much to the leaderboards, I just play for fun.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Out of curiosity why would you need to disable trophies? A universal “hide all trophies” would do the same thing. Just turn off notifications and there ya go. Hell, you don’t even have to hide them since you can just not go out of your way to look for them. I think people who don’t care about trophies (most people mind you) just don’t pay attention at all. So why would disabling them outright need to occur?

*shrugs* So completion and cluttered up lists that end up making your trophy list a long time to load aren't an issue. It's me wanting to customize my space the way I want it to look, and because I want to, not because of what someone might think of it.  I DO like looking at the trophies from the games I enjoyed. If I don't like a game, I don't want it cluttering up ANY of my space in any way shape or form.

I wouldn't sweat it too much if the current hide feature wasn't so lacking and half-arsed. Take the option of hiding purchases on PS4, yes they still exist, but hiding them ACTUALLY HIDES THEM from your view. And should you ever want to change that, you can. if I wanna hide trophies, I want it to be from myself as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

*shrugs* So completion and cluttered up lists that end up making your trophy list a long time to load aren't an issue. It's me wanting to customize my space the way I want it to look, and because I want to, not because of what someone might think of it.  I DO like looking at the trophies from the games I enjoyed. If I don't like a game, I don't want it cluttering up ANY of my space in any way shape or form.

I wouldn't sweat it too much if the current hide feature wasn't so lacking and half-arsed. Take the option of hiding purchases on PS4, yes they still exist, but hiding them ACTUALLY HIDES THEM from your view. And should you ever want to change that, you can. if I wanna hide trophies, I want it to be from myself as well.

I agree hiding needs to work better on PSN itself, I hadn’t thought of that since 99% of the time I just use this site to look at my profile so it’s a nonissue for me. But they should certainly improve it.

1 hour ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

A long while ago I heard there was problems in regards to hiding games from your list and then later un-hiding them. I guess there was an issue with games not showing up on your profile, and because of that I refuse to hide any game I have, completed or not completed.

I could be that guy and hide my stacks of Sound Shapes, both My Name is Mayos, Nubla, Mr Massagy, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space, the Sly Cooper Vita auto pop, NERO, and of course Orc Slayer. I have no intention or desire to ever play those games again, you couldn't pay me to play them again. But..... what's the point? I think our profiles reflect on our history of games we have played before and what we want to play next.

Hiding a few games, sure. I just don't understand people who hide 500 - 1000+ trophies from their PSNProfiles account. Doesn't make sense.

To me it's just an ugly blue colored H symbol next to our Premium Member symbol. If someone cheated on a game or got flagged then they have the option to hide that game so they can stay on the leaderboards. Otherwise I wouldn't hide a game, no matter how many easy games or aggravating games I have done.

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Changing the trophy system would inevitably just result in people finding new ways to exploit it.

Personally I'm fine with the system the way it is. At least we're not stuck with Xbox's boring Achievement/Gamerscore system.

Xbox used to have merit, because their achievement system was the first universally used system for achievements/trophies. Nowadays it means diddly squat, almost as bad as Steam Achievements which don't mean shit because anybody can just use a program to automatically get achievements for them. Plus the way they distribute achievements is way out of wack.

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Xbox used to have merit, because their achievement system was the first universally used system for achievements/trophies. Nowadays it means diddly squat, almost as bad as Steam Achievements which don't mean shit because anybody can just use a program to automatically get achievements for them. Plus the way they distribute achievements is way out of wack.

I was mainly referring to how everything in the Xbox system just looks like a bunch of numbers. At least Sony has made things marginally more interesting with the trophy system.

I'm no expert on the Xbox achievement system and won't pretend to be. But as an outside observer, it all seems so bland. I know different achievements have different point values, but the bronze/silver/gold trophies make things more interesting in my opinion. And there's no platinum trophy equivalent on the Xbox side. Finally, their overall Gamerscore is just a big fat number. I much prefer PlayStation's leveling up system, with increasing requirements the higher you get.

Yes, I know the trophy system ultimately boils down to numbers and being a big total number just like Xbox's, but at least Sony made the numbers a bit more interesting by dressing them up.

23 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I was mainly referring to how everything in the Xbox system just looks like a bunch of numbers. At least Sony has made things marginally more interesting with the trophy system.

I'm no expert on the Xbox achievement system and won't pretend to be. But as an outside observer, it all seems so bland. I know different achievements have different point values, but the bronze/silver/gold trophies make things more interesting in my opinion. And there's no platinum trophy equivalent on the Xbox side. Finally, their overall Gamerscore is just a big fat number. I much prefer PlayStation's leveling up system, with increasing requirements the higher you get.

Yes, I know the trophy system ultimately boils down to numbers and being a big total number just like Xbox's, but at least Sony made the numbers a bit more interesting by dressing them up.

It technically is a bunch of numbers and is one of the reasons why I decided to do trophies instead. 

Xbox lacks the flagship games Sony has in their arsenal. Microsoft has what, Halo, Gears of War and Forza? 

Forza is the only franchise that still gets a lot of buzz. Halo hasn’t been good since Halo 3, Gears of War pretty much died in popularity by the time the Xbox 360 ended its run. 

Plus you can just play their games on the PC anyway. So what’s the goddamn point of having a Xbox One Scorpio?

Edited by Spaz

On 5/5/2019 at 7:04 PM, Spaz said:

A long while ago I heard there was problems in regards to hiding games from your list and then later un-hiding them. 

................But..... what's the point? I think our profiles reflect on our history of games we have played before and what we want to play next.

Hiding a few games, sure. I just don't understand people who hide 500 - 1000+ trophies from their PSNProfiles account. Doesn't make sense.

To me it's just an ugly blue colored H symbol next to our Premium Member symbol. If someone cheated on a game or got flagged then they have the option to hide that game so they can stay on the leaderboards. Otherwise I wouldn't hide a game, no matter how many easy games or aggravating games I have done.

Well that would be fine by me, if I'm hiding a game I don't like, chances are I'm hoping to never see it again.

It's the same idea as getting rid of a game one doesn't like; I don't like it, I don't want to be reminded of it. I've already mentally logged it away as something I won't touch again, I don't need to see it on a list, mocking me with "lol not only did you not like this suck-ass game, but you don't even have the plat for it, you ocd-lite loser"

And, to again place emphasis on it, it's not about what OTHERS think, or see on my profile, it's how I see my profile. 

24 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Well that would be fine by me, if I'm hiding a game I don't like, chances are I'm hoping to never see it again.

It's the same idea as getting rid of a game one doesn't like; I don't like it, I don't want to be reminded of it. I've already mentally logged it away as something I won't touch again, I don't need to see it on a list, mocking me with "lol not only did you not like this suck-ass game, but you don't even have the plat for it, you ocd-lite loser"

And, to again place emphasis on it, it's not about what OTHERS think, or see on my profile, it's how I see my profile. 

That’s perfectly fine. But you’re going to come across games you absolutely love and ones you hate. 

This goes back to those with 500 - 1000+ hidden trophies. Personally I don’t care about other people’s profiles in general. But you do you. 

I just accept that a game that caused me much frustration or is one I didn’t like that much as it was and move on from there. Someone can go “I hated this game” and hide it using the PS4 options menu. I suppose if you want your profile to look good, I’m certainly not going to argue on a pointless discussion that leads to nowhere, so you do as you please.

• 1 month later...

Hey, sorry for bumping.

I have been trying to find information on game sharing with two different PS4s (not shareplay). My brother recently got a standard PS4 (I have a PRO) and I'm trying to figure out this game sharing thing, so he can download some digital games I have previously purchased. We are looking forward playing Crash Team Racing and I figured it's dumb for him spending the money if we can just game share what I already bought. I probably won't download anything he buys because he isn't such a big gamer, so more looking to see if it's possible of him accessing the games I have.

I have some questions before I'm attempting this though:

1. Is this legal? Has anybody been punished?

2. Will this somehow affect my trophy hunting?

3. Is doing this okay on PSNProfiles?

4. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Hey, sorry for bumping.

I have been trying to find information on game sharing with two different PS4s (not shareplay). My brother recently got a standard PS4 (I have a PRO) and I'm trying to figure out this game sharing thing, so he can download some digital games I have previously purchased. We are looking forward playing Crash Team Racing and I figured it's dumb for him spending the money if we can just game share what I already bought. I probably won't download anything he buys because he isn't such a big gamer, so more looking to see if it's possible of him accessing the games I have.

I have some questions before I'm attempting this though:

1. Is this legal? Has anybody been punished?

2. Will this somehow affect my trophy hunting?

3. Is doing this okay on PSNProfiles?

4. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Not exactly the right thread to post this but okay.

Gamesharing on PS4 isn’t worth it imo but this is what you would need to do.

1. Set up your account on your brother’s PS4.

2. Set your account on your brother’s PS4 as the primary account/PS4.

3. Now your brother can download your games via your account and play it on his own account. But this will stop you from playing your own digital games until you switch back your account on your own PS4 back to primary. 

4. Once you do that, your brother loses access to the games. This means you can’t both have access to your digital game collection at the same time.

I did some gamesharing with my brother on the PS3 years ago too, because there were no restrictions and was easy to do. On PS4 it isn’t worth it imo and I don’t recommend it.

To answer your questions:

1. I think this is against Sony’s ToS. But no worries, you will not get punished.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Not really.

9 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Not exactly the right thread to post this but okay.

Gamesharing on PS4 isn’t worth it imo but this is what you would need to do.

1. Set up your account on your brother’s PS4.

2. Set your account on your brother’s PS4 as the primary account/PS4.

3. Now your brother can download your games via your account and play it on his own account. But this will stop you from playing your own digital games until you switch back your account on your own PS4 back to primary. 

Correction 1: You can play all your games on your account, where you bought your games, even without primary access

4. Once you do that, your brother loses access to the games. This means you can’t both have access to your digital game collection at the same time.

Correction 2: You can both have access.

I did some gamesharing with my brother on the PS3 years ago too, because there were no restrictions and was easy to do. On PS4 it isn’t worth it imo and I don’t recommend it.

Info: PS4 is a bit different .. PS3 have 2 primarys you can activate, but you need one for your own account as well, while on PS4 one of those is fixed to your account, so you can always play your own games 

To answer your questions:

1. I think this is against Sony’s ToS. But no worries, you will not get punished.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Not really.

Check the Infos in the quote ✌

22 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Is this really true? Because some friends who share were both able to play Anthem together and neither lost access. They are also planning to play Crash Team Racing together.

9 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Check the Infos in the quote 270c.png

Oh I just saw this, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Too bad an overhaul to the system wouldn’t stop the real trophy whores out there, would you all please stand up! ?

I definitely agree with filtering shovel ware, we need quality not quantity otherwise we’re at a risk of ending up like Steam. It’s a dark world on there ladies and gents let me tell you. I also agree that stacks are a bit ridiculous but who am I to say how people spend their money. There’s no stopping developers who have caught onto our obsession to collect shiny trophies and as long as we are purchasing them they’ll keep spitting them out. It’s up to us how we vote with our wallets/purses.

Above all, I think it’d be great to see an overhaul on the colour of trophies. How many times has someone here completed a bronze trophy only to realise it was the grindiest and in some cases hardest on the list, even more difficult than the gold or silver trophies! They should have a separate colour for those, like black. Black for burning you out. Anyway, I personally think it’s a troll by developers and they should be stopped lol.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:26 AM, darth4052 said:

Would love to delete some of the crap i wish i never installed even it meant loseing acheived trophies.  

This too, bugs me that I can’t delete games I’ll never complete like that UFC game that’s been stuck on 1% for years. So what if I knocked out my boyfriend during the first 10 seconds of our fight and gained a silver trophy? I’m not touching that game again, I already got my satisfaction out of it ?