Fanorona made EASY!

• 3 weeks later...

Even with the program I got two draws before finally winning on the PS3 version. A minor inconvenience but far better than constantly losing and getting frustrated at a game I knew nothing about beforehand! 

Now I sometimes play it with some friends in real life!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to beat that damn Fanorona game!

After trying to follow YouTube videos and failing over and over again - I decided to find my own solution.

If you're struggling, I highly recommend you download Zillions of Games: HERE.

You only get the demo version, but Fanorona is on there as a free game and I managed to beat it first try using this.

Make sure that you flip the table so it replicates what's on screen. Also, make sure you DON'T go first on ACIII and then copy the move(s) on the PC.

For Nine Men's Morris, I used a really simple website to play: HERE.

On the bottom of the board, make sure you crank the difficulty up to 7 by clicking on the blue/green icon a few times.

(I've heard rumours that cranking it up to 8 glitches it, but I didn't test this myself).

You can easily win if you use level 7 for difficulty, though. Just mimic the moves, like with Fanorona and make sure that the AI on ACIII goes first.

As for Bowls, it's entirely skill-based and I can't really offer any tips or tricks.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you don't compete at the harbour, you need to do the intermediate Bowls by the tavern.

I absolutely hated this trophy and I curse the person who thought it was a good idea to not only put it in the original game, but keep it for the Remastered version.

I'm feeling rather blessed that I won't have to play another game of Fanorona ever again.

Edited by Desmuria
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It worked wonderfully for me at Fanorona, but now I'm having problems with Morris. You say there is a Morris game in the software you suggested for us to win at Fanorona, but all I found is Nine Men Morris, and not Six Men Morris. I dont wanna be stupid, we are suppoused to copy exactly the same moves from the AI of the software with our moves in Assassins Creed, so if I choose Nine Mens Morris it wont work right? So my question is: Is there a SIX Men Morris in the program? if not, Does anyone know where can I find a Six Men Morris online in order to copy AI movements and win in the game? I havent found any web page or download link yet. Thank you

Edited by Nothingistrue17

15 hours ago, Nothingistrue17 said:

It worked wonderfully for me at Fanorona, but now I'm having problems with Morris. You say there is a Morris game in the software you suggested for us to win at Fanorona, but all I found is Nine Men Morris, and not Six Men Morris. I dont wanna be stupid, we are suppoused to copy exactly the same moves from the AI of the software with our moves in Assassins Creed, so if I choose Nine Mens Morris it wont work right? So my question is: Is there a SIX Men Morris in the program? if not, Does anyone know where can I find a Six Men Morris online in order to copy AI movements and win in the game? I havent found any web page or download link yet. Thank you

The game in AC3 is Nine Men Morris, or at least that is what other trophy/achievement guides say (true achievements). Are there different versions in AC3?  I The trophy requires you to play the version at the Homestead Inn.

I used this site for Nine Men Morris .... https://www.htmlgames.com/game/Nine+Men's+Morris

4 hours ago, Capt_Darling said:

The game in AC3 is Nine Men Morris, or at least that is what other trophy/achievement guides say (true achievements). Are there different versions in AC3?  I The trophy requires you to play the version at the Homestead Inn.

I used this site for Nine Men Morris .... https://www.htmlgames.com/game/Nine+Men's+Morris

You are right. I thought you had to win at Fanorona, Bowls and Morris (Any type of it) It turns out that there are three different types of Moris in the game. Six, nine and Twelve Men Morris. So I hurried myself and looked for any tavern in Boston in early game in order to obtain this trophy as fast as possible. The Morris that I found in the Green Dragon's Tavern was Six and I couldn't find any bot at Six Men but there are certainly a lot of Nine Men Morris on the internet.

Sorry for my previous message which can confuse any other players.

Thank you Capt_Darling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Having a lot of problems with this right now... spent over an hour trying to get it. I did manage to reduce him down to 2 pieces, but then he made a clean sweep out of nowhere and beat me. 

I find that once I have only 4-5 pieces left, the AI stops me from taking anymore of his? So frustrating. 

I’ve since tried a couple of walkthroughs, but the AI is never the same, any solutions? What a lousy bronze. 

Edited by ziggypop_79

8 minutes ago, ziggypop_79 said:

Having a lot of problems with this right now... spent over an hour trying to get it. I did manage to reduce him down to 2 pieces, but then he made a clean sweep out of nowhere and beat me. 

I find that once I have only 4-5 pieces left, the AI stops me from taking anymore of his? So frustrating. 

I’ve since tried a couple of walkthroughs, but the AI is never the same, any solutions? What a lousy bronze. 

Yes solution in the top post incase you skipped it for some reason =>

10 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Yes solution in the top post incase you skipped it for some reason =>

Thanks, I’m a little confused what I should do...should I copy the smart bots moves, what if Morris moves differently to my moves against the smart bot? Or am I missing the point? ?

• Like 1

I suck at explaining it though.

Let AC3 AI start the game, you do the exact same move he does ingame with your own piece in Boardspace.net. Then the Boardspace.net AI will make a move and you do that exact move with your own pieces in AC3. Then just repeat until game is over. Should not take more then 2 possibly 3 games for the Boardspace.net AI to beat the AC3 AI.

Remember that you can skip a turn by holding :circle:, the boardspace AI does that when it's the best move. Also play against BestBot since the easier bots might not beat the AC3 AI otherwise.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I suck at explaining it though.

Let AC3 AI start the game, you do the exact same move he does ingame with your own piece in Boardspace.net. Then the Boardspace.net AI will make a move and you do that exact move with your own pieces in AC3. Then just repeat until game is over. Should not take more then 2 possibly 3 games for the Boardspace.net AI to beat the AC3 AI.

Remember that you can skip a turn by holding :circle:, the boardspace AI does that when it's the best move. Also play against BestBot since the easier bots might not beat the AC3 AI otherwise.

Thanks buddy. Ahh I think I get this now, It sure sounds like it will be time consuming to beat though! 

edit...I got it! 

Edited by ziggypop_79

• 6 months later...

Hello can anyone help Me? I went to the site and downloaded all of the stuff, but i cant reset the game and the bot  got stuck loading forever. I can see that it i very dated and old, anyone know how to fix this? or an alternative would be also good.

I also found this website but cant figure how to use it: https://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/180a/projects/fanorona/

Any help would be appricieted

• 4 weeks later...

I used this one:

https://kbhgames.com/game/fanorona-board-game

Nothing to install.  First, click the settings gear and set the AI to 8 and the time to 10 or 15 seconds (I was at 15, and each time got a small bar on my browser that warned of the site slowing down the browser, but that was for the first half of the game and was always under 15 seconds anyway).  Then click the picture of a person and computer, select white, and press start.  You can (and should) double check the settings once you're in a new game, otherwise the default AI will play you to a draw.

Make sure the AI player in Assassin's Creed plays first, and copy his moves.

I literally turned my laptop over to flip the board so I could follow the moves easier :D

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 8:35 AM, themindisacity said:

I used this one:

Nothing to install.  First, click the settings gear and set the AI to 8 and the time to 10 or 15 seconds (I was at 15, and each time got a small bar on my browser that warned of the site slowing down the browser, but that was for the first half of the game and was always under 15 seconds anyway).  Then click the picture of a person and computer, select white, and press start.  You can (and should) double check the settings once you're in a new game, otherwise the default AI will play you to a draw.

I literally turned my laptop over to flip the board so I could follow the moves easier :D

Only work here with AI level 10 and 15 seconds (with 10 seconds only gotta draws)

Edited by fvecchio

• 2 months later...
On 14.02.2021 at 0:35 PM, themindisacity said:

I used this one:

Thank you for that one! Got trophy ?

• 7 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 7:03 PM, Desmuria said:

I finally managed to beat that damn Fanorona game!

After trying to follow YouTube videos and failing over and over again - I decided to find my own solution.

If you're struggling, I highly recommend you download Zillions of Games: HERE.

You only get the demo version, but Fanorona is on there as a free game and I managed to beat it first try using this.

Make sure that you flip the table so it replicates what's on screen. Also, make sure you DON'T go first on ACIII and then copy the move(s) on the PC.

For Nine Men's Morris, I used a really simple website to play: HERE.

On the bottom of the board, make sure you crank the difficulty up to 7 by clicking on the blue/green icon a few times.

(I've heard rumours that cranking it up to 8 glitches it, but I didn't test this myself).

You can easily win if you use level 7 for difficulty, though. Just mimic the moves, like with Fanorona and make sure that the AI on ACIII goes first.

As for Bowls, it's entirely skill-based and I can't really offer any tips or tricks.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you don't compete at the harbour, you need to do the intermediate Bowls by the tavern.

I absolutely hated this trophy and I curse the person who thought it was a good idea to not only put it in the original game, but keep it for the Remastered version.

I'm feeling rather blessed that I won't have to play another game of Fanorona ever again.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:09 AM, Quink666 said:

Create an account here: http://www.boardspace.net/english/about_fanorona.html and play against BEST BOT. You let AC player start and emulate his moves in the program then you just emulate Best Bot with your pieces. Remember that you can pass in the game by pressing :circle: Best Bot does that sometimes when it is the best move. The program has a rewind and back feature showing all the moves that has been made making it easy to replicate. I won 2/2 Fanorona the program also has Morris.

OMG guys thank you so much!!! Due to fanorama I quit this game and one and a half years later I have returned! THIS WORKED, BOTH ON THE FIRST TIME!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skyforger25 said:

OMG guys thank you so much!!! Due to fanorama I quit this game and one and a half years later I have returned! THIS WORKED, BOTH ON THE FIRST TIME!!!

Congrats man!!! I feel your pain. Way back when I did AC3 I didn’t know about these apps and programs and I don’t think I even had a tablet or computer at the time either. I spent days studying Fanarona tutorials and AC3 Fanarona videos on YouTube and probably played that smug asshole of a priest about 1000 times before I finally beat him. To this day, that remains the closest I’ve ever gotten to ripping my console out and throwing it out the fucking window in a fit of rage.

The funniest thing is if you go on these websites or search Fanarona apps in the App Store, there is always a bunch of 5-star reviews and comments from AC3 players saying it saved their lives. ?

• Like 2