DarkSoleride

PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

255 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ll finally put my words on the few games with “issues identified” from this ‘Tested PS4 games’ list by Sony. Here what I noticed so far:

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag: I saw absolutely no issues at all. I could join multiplayer, see all my multiplayer stats and leaderboards. My solo save file was still here.

- PlayStation VR Worlds: You only disappear from the leaderboards. You can simply play to resubmit a score on leaderboards.

- Uncharted 4: Once again, my name is gone from the leaderboards, but all my Multiplayer and Survival levels and progressions are intact, including all the skins I unlocked.

- WipEout Omega Collection: I saw no issue at all. My campaign progression was still here, my online level is intact and I could join online sessions. The only tiny thing I saw was that my original ID is on my local leaderboards, but my new ID displays to online leaderboards, with the same records as my local ones.

Thanks for letting us know about these, I have a bit of progress on these games and was worried about the change. Glad it's only a few minor things.

11 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Still baffles me how people can create usernames and not think about having them permanently.... like how? 

Why does it baffle you? There are plenty of reasons for keeping bad names.

In my case, when I registered on PSN and they asked me to create an ID, I had no idea that it would be that important. Due to my University studies, I had been away of “modern” gaming for years. I had never played an online game, I barely knew about trophies and I had never participated in online forums in a regular basis, like I do here. Therefore, when I got my PS3, I thought an ID would just be a formality, that I would barely use. So, yeah, I just added the first stupid thing that came to my mind. Then, slowly, things start escalating. I developed a passion for trophies, for multiplayer, I started having friends, I discovered PSNP... and guess what? In all these things, I found out that I was stuck with the stupid ID I had created, without thinking! And I know that people will say: “well, you could have created a better name, while you didn’t have many platinums.” But, when you start having a lot of activity in your account, it’s just not that simple. Besides, having 3 or 4 platinums, obviously, isn’t much and, now, that I am an experienced trophy hunter, I know that I could redo them easily. However, when you are just a beginner trophy hunter, 3 or 4 platinums already feels like a lot of work, that you don’t want to waste.

So, yeah, here I am with my 155 platinums and still with my stupid PSN ID.

I just noticed that the people that changed their ID's on my friend list have a 'previously' (old ID) notice under their profiles. Will that be something permanent or it will dissapear after some months or so? 

41 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I just noticed that the people that changed their ID's on my friend list have a 'previously' (old ID) notice under their profiles. Will that be something permanent or it will dissapear after some months or so? 

People can choose to have their old ID displayed alongside with their new one for 30 days.

Posted (edited)

Here's something a bit different, apologies if this has been covered already since I haven't looked at the whole thread. Last night I had to sign in & received a notification that I was required to change my name due to violation of terms of service. I sorted it out & I'm not particularly upset about it but I wonder how far they're going with this. On the Aus leaderboards front page I noticed the number 1's 'Me_The_Fokker' is not there & I wonder if they had the same thing happen.

I've got to laugh. I did 10 years with this stupid id & 500+ hours of productive online where I was always helpful & considerate save for a tiny bit of Rocket League sledging. Having to change ID's is getting off lightly really, I haven't braved the ps3 yet but it can't possibly be as bad as the time my X360 HDD died & I lost every save I had.

Anyway that was last night after work & I was well into the beer already. I tried out Puyo Puyo Tetris & my rank/details were still there for the online. The other night I got the top score on the Rym9000 EU version leaderboards & when I fired those up the new name was there in the same spot. Feeling a bit more confident I fired up Ridge Racer on the Vita & all the progress (credits, lvl etc) was still there with the new name. I have another couple of hundred games to test, a lot of which is ps3 so I'll prepare for the worst and check some of those titles out in the near future.

Haven't synced my new id here yet, hopefully all the site stuff works out alright & I won't have to do anything but lie low for a week while it all gets sorted.

Edited by readytofuky
It's early

6 hours ago, Carol said:

So, yeah, I just added the first stupid thing that came to my mind.

So, yeah, here I am with my 155 platinums and still with my stupid PSN ID.

There you have it.  You don't think.  You go through life mindlessly. 

2 hours ago, Carol said:

People can choose to have their old ID displayed alongside with their new one for 30 days.

Oh I see thanks for the clarification. 

Posted (edited)

@readytofuky Oh wow, that’s an interesting case here! I’ll be on Sony’s side for this one, since you chose a suggestive name, not because of the writing but the sound of it. Yet, it’s Sony’s fault to take action that late, 10 years later...

Consider yourself lucky that you got notified a few days AFTER the PSN ID change was implemented live! If Sony would have taken action before Thursday, you’d have lost everything.

Thank you for sharing your tested games, I'll add them to my upcoming thread ‘List of Tested Games After PSN ID Change (PS3, Vita & PS4)’! 👍

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, readytofuky said:

Here's something a bit different, apologies if this has been covered already since I haven't looked at the whole thread. Last night I had to sign in & received a notification that I was required to change my name due to violation of terms of service. I sorted it out & I'm not particularly upset about it but I wonder how far they're going with this. On the Aus leaderboards front page I noticed the number 1's 'Me_The_Fokker' is not there & I wonder if they had the same thing happen.

I've got to laugh. I did 10 years with this stupid id & 500+ hours of productive online where I was always helpful & considerate save for a tiny bit of Rocket League sledging. Having to change ID's is getting off lightly really, I haven't braved the ps3 yet but it can't possibly be as bad as the time my X360 HDD died & I lost every save I had.

Anyway that was last night after work & I was well into the beer already. I tried out Puyo Puyo Tetris & my rank/details were still there for the online. The other night I got the top score on the Rym9000 EU version leaderboards & when I fired those up the new name was there in the same spot. Feeling a bit more confident I fired up Ridge Racer on the Vita & all the progress (credits, lvl etc) was still there with the new name. I have another couple of hundred games to test, a lot of which is ps3 so I'll prepare for the worst and check some of those titles out in the near future.

Haven't synced my new id here yet, hopefully all the site stuff works out alright & I won't have to do anything but lie low for a week while it all gets sorted.

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@readytofuky Oh wow, that’s an interesting case here! I’ll be on Sony’s side for this one, since you chose a suggestive name, not because of the writing but the sound of it. So yeah, you violated the ToS. Yet, it’s Sony’s fault to take action that late, 10 years later...

Consider yourself lucky that you got notified a few days AFTER the PSN ID change was implemented live! If Sony would have taken action before Thursday, you’d have lost everything.

Thank you for sharing your tested games, I'll add them to my upcoming thread ‘List of Tested Games After PSN ID Change (PS3, Vita & PS4)’! 👍

I can't recall where but I read Sony is going to start, or already did, renaming "offensive" names. I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT:

Not where I read it but this might cover it.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/04/12/sony-playstation-names-change-offensive/feed/

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Posted (edited)

Cambié mi identificación Luchojax»LuchoMk187 y ahora no tengo mi suscripción premium en psnp, ¿por qué

Edited by LuchoJax

9 minutes ago, LuchoJax said:

I changed my id and now I do not have my premium subscription in psnp, why?

You’re still showing as a premium member for me, give it time to sync and if it isn’t working by tomorrow I’d get ahold of Sly.

5 minutes ago, Hoagie324 said:

Todavía me estás mostrando como un miembro premium, dale tiempo para sincronizar y si no funciona mañana me pondré en contacto con Sly.

Thank bro 

25 minutes ago, LuchoJax said:

Cambié mi identificación Luchojax»LuchoMk187 y ahora no tengo mi suscripción premium en psnp, ¿por qué

Si, yo tambien te veo como premium. ¿Tuviste algun problema de trofeos o con los saves con el cambio de nombre compañero?

Anyone with Black Ops 3 change their ID? I saw someone with BO2 had major issues so I'd like to know if 3 does as well. I'd like to grab some more DLC trophies before I delete it forever.

6 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

There you have it.  You don't think.  You go through life mindlessly. 

No, I don’t go through life mindlessly. I have lots of other things to think about, to give much importance to a site asking me to create an username. Perhaps you spend all your time in your mom’s basement, playing video games, so that’s all you care about, but other people have real life problems...

6 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Oh I see thanks for the clarification. 

You’re welcome.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, StuGunn5 said:

Anyone with Black Ops 3 change their ID? I saw someone with BO2 had major issues so I'd like to know if 3 does as well. I'd like to grab some more DLC trophies before I delete it forever.

If you look at the “Tested games with no recognized issues” list, Black Ops III is here, so you shouldn’t have any problem.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

2 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

Si, yo tambien te veo como premium. ¿Tuviste algún problema de trofeos con los cambios con el cambio de nombre compañero?

not yet. injustice 2, hitman 2, apex nothing happened to them, trophies n purchases, same.

Posted (edited)

On 4/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

so much non sense, tbh most of the world uses day-month-year.

like said before USA isnt the center of the world, you should travel you know? live abroad, expend your horizons. think outside of the box. are you in 2020 or 1980? jezz

Edited by ivangutjahr

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

Si, yo tambien te veo como premium. ¿Tuviste algun problema de trofeos o con los saves con el cambio de nombre compañero?

For the sake of the forum

English only please

use Goole Translator if you must

By the way

Enough with time zone and format and people telling they should have thought the id in the first play.

This post is becoming like the pc vs consoles

trolling all day

Peaceeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by waltdisneypixa

2 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

so much non sense, tbh most of the world uses day-month-year.

like said before USA isnt the center of the world, you should travel you know? live abroad, expend your horizons. think outside of the box. are you in 2020 or 1980? jezz

Saying or writing the small word "of" is of very little consequence, anyway. I don't know why we decided to do it differently than everyone else.. 

Never said it was. Just made a small joke on how I read the date that spiralled out of control. 

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@readytofuky Oh wow, that’s an interesting case here! I’ll be on Sony’s side for this one, since you chose a suggestive name, not because of the writing but the sound of it. Yet, it’s Sony’s fault to take action that late, 10 years later...

Thank you for sharing your tested games, I'll add them to my upcoming thread ‘List of Tested Games After PSN ID Change (PS3, Vita & PS4)’! 1f44d.png

Well yeah I'm not exactly disputing the violation lol. My deal though is over 10 years ago I tried a ton of ids I wanted and they were already all taken so I glanced at a badly done cd reissue of Brazillian Deathrash band 'Sarcofago' and adopted a misprinted song title from that album because I just wanted to access the network features & was sure no one would have picked that for an ID for obvious reasons. It could have been any name for all I cared at the time. 25 years old I was & impatient as was humanly possible. Anyway since I was stuck with the ID I 'owned' it. When I played with people they just called me ready which was fine. At some point my gf pronounced it 'Ready Tofu KY' and I could never see it as anything but that moving forward. However, I think Tofu is bland & KY is trash lube so I'm honestly happy to be rid of the name even if the change has come sooner rather than later.

I was going to change it anyway but only after finishing up on some online progress in some ps3 games. Said progress isn't that far in that it would be unbearable to start from scratch but I'm interested in what if anything has survived so I'm currently waiting to test some ps3 titles, 70% through an install as I'm writing this now. I'll pop in that thread of yours with my findings. 

Also I edited my post yesterday because I thought I'd written something wrong but actually looking again at the Aus leaderboards I noticed "Tee_Baggins" is on the board twice, once with his old name & once with the new. I wonder if it was voluntary or not. I also wonder what will happen to a user I saw on here with a '1488' nickname who claimed to be a jewish silversmith as opposed to a nazi sympathiser. I never knew if his story was to be believed but I wonder if those sorts of nicks will be a thing of the past. Also wondering about 666 usernames, I'm curious in general about the scope of offence which is at a bit of a peak in the current day. 

Anyway Tekken Tag 2 finally installed while I was writing this & all progress is intact with the new name displayed. Namco are 3 for 3 so far, very encouraging.

*edit* I can't find this thread you're talking about with info on new names with old games, would you be able to link me to that? I've got a ton of obscure/unpopular stuff to test so I could be a pretty good contributor with valuable information that barely anyone cares about :)

Edited by readytofuky

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I can't find this thread you're talking about with info on new names with old games, would you be able to link me to that? I've got a ton of obscure/unpopular stuff to test so I could be a pretty good contributor with valuable information that barely anyone cares about :)

Here is the thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/73539-list-of-tested-games-after-psn-id-change-ps3-vita-ps4/

Edited by MaxieM0us3

This is great news! Sony is really listening to the players. huh

Anyone knows if plants vs zombies for ps3 has issues after changing the id?

Switched from "Zer0_Eight_81" to "Trellgoth_Prime".

No issues so far for me.

Games tested:

Borderlands Remastered

Borderlands Handsome Collection

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Evrything still fine with the above. Including all purchased DLC for Dragon Ball FighterZ.