PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Common sense isn't so common then. You learn this stuff about usernames in high school or making your first email, never name it something stupid.

"hotsexygal6969" isn't going to work when you get older.

"hotchad6969" isn't going to work when you get older.

It's your own fault for picking a dumb username. 

People come from different backgrounds. In my country, those things aren’t taught in school.

Besides, I never said I wasn’t responsible for the username that I have.

• Like 2

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but despite some of the issues, this is fantastic news! It's easy to say to someone ''you agreed upon registration that your PSN ID cannot be changed'', or ''it's your fault for not making a good longterm decision''... but let's say they chose at an age of 8, when one's brain is not fully developped... how on earth can we expect them to reach 20 and feel like they chose a great name? They have no idea what will be right when they'll be 2.5x their current age.

I already restarted my entire trophy collection (Level 13, just over 1k trophies) years back, so I have no need to change my name now. But I have believed in this feature for many years, and it was definitely time. Am very pleased for all those who can finally get rid of a name they chose like a decade ago, and chuffed to see so many with so few issues. This is something to be celebrated. 

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 2