PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

On 10/04/2019 at 1:42 PM, OnlyHardPlatinum said:

This new feature is shit, you risk a much of stuff and for what? For changing a name? Ridicoulous 

「ハードプラチナのみ」の7か月前に新しいアカウントを作成したのと同じ方法です。だから、おそらく、いくつかのアカウントにデータが含まれているアカウントを放棄したときに、I.Dを変更するときにデータを失うのがいかに悪いかについて話してはいけません。

Edited by Azedurg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

USA is not the center of the world....

Umm, yes the fuck it is

3 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

I completely understand bud

and i hate thats backwards format too

makes things more confusing

Oh well, 2 of us get it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Azedurg said:

Yeah same way you made a new account just 7 months ago for 'Hard Platinums Only' even though you have ultra shit EZ PZ platinums on your account. So don't talk shit about how it's bad to lose data when changing I.D when you've probably abandoned some accounts with data on them.

It's one thing to change profile, another is to lose purchases and save progress. Relax, dude, this is not a war, I'm just saying that changing the name, and losing rescues and stuff bought and by balls.

• Like 2

Happy to finally see this feature but I'm gonna wait and platinum a few more of my games before I change my name, I don't want to risk losing all my progress on them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

Let's not mix the logic with people's habits - of course all US people will be used to the month/day/year format.

My point is that it's quite less logical than either day/month/year or year/month/day (basically, from smaller to larger or the other way around). I never understood why the US have set this odd format that almost no other country uses and easily creates misunderstanding...

Edited by Neef-GT5

4 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Let's not mix the logic with people's habits - of course all US people will be used to the month/day/year format.

My point is that it's quite less logical than either day/month/year or year/month/day (basically, from smaller to larger or the other way around). I never understood why the US have set this odd format that no other country uses and easily creates misunderstanding...

Fair enough. We do that with hours, minutes, and seconds. But if there's logic to our month/day/year format, then it's not necessarily wrong, either. Is day/month/year actually better? Or just what you're all used to? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you.

No, it's actually more logical to everyone except you and a few others.

The greater part of the world uses the logically correct DD/MM/YYYY format.

You are acting like it'd be logical to tell the minutes before the hours or the cm before the m, respectively the inches before the feet.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Do you think that the entire world speaks English?

No, but it should, as a secondary mandatory language, i'm tired of seeing persons from my same country moaning because NISA games (or the Yakuza series) never get translated to my native language, i keep saying that it's a miracle if they get released here.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of PS3/Vita games instead of the PR crap that was posted in the official page?

24 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Its cuz OP put the day before the month

when just about everywhere else in the world it goes month/day/year :) 

There are almost 16 times more people in the world who use D/M/Y than people who use M/D/Y.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, I say 4th April, cause April 4 doesnt really work in swedish :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Me seeing this topic turning into a discussion about US and time format...

d2kPL5f.jpg

Many years ago, on another site, i was accused of racism by some idiot for talking about TIMEZONES. People are really that dense.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

Just now, DamagingRob said:

Fair enough. We do that with hours, minutes, and seconds. But if there's logic to our month/day/year format, then it's not necessarily wrong, either. Is day/month/year actually better? Or just what you're all used to? 

Won't go into a "which is better" contest, could be just endless - as you said, it's all about people being used to it ;-)

6 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Me seeing this topic turning into a discussion about US and date format...

The joy of forum threads :-)

Next we can keep going of hours formats: is it currently 3:34 PM or 15:34? ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

My point is that it's quite less logical than either day/month/year or year/month/day (basically, from smaller to larger or the other way around). I never understood why the US have set this odd format that almost no other country uses and easily creates misunderstanding...

I agree with this. Here in South Africa we only use either the day/month/year or year/month/day so when I first came to the site and saw someone's date of birth as month/day/year I was confused because I really don't think it makes sense to use that format. 

3 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Well, I say 4th April, cause April 4 doesnt really work in swedish :) 

I guess I wasn't thinking about how it would be said or written in other languages. :/ 

3 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Won't go into a "which is better" contest, could be just endless - as you said, it's all about people being used to it ;-)

Guess that's that, then. Nice to have a rational and mature discussion about it with someone, though. :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I'd say the 4th of April. You don't need to put day in there, makes it sounds like lord of the rings lol

Personally I'm not fussed. The date format or the name changing

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

The joy of forum threads :-)

Next we can keep going of hours formats: is it currently 3:34 PM or 15:34? 1f61b.png

15.41 lol