PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

Really excited for this, but like other have mentioned, I'm concerned about old PS4 titles and everything on my PS3 backlog. 

I'm curious if changing your name (for the sake of reserving that name) and changing back to your original ID right away (before you start up any of those games) will have any effect. I would hope that those games would not see the name change since you immediately changed back to the original. This would be a nice compromise for those of us who still have PS3 backlogs.

Now, who's willing to test this and report back ?

1 hour ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I hope that it notifies you if someone on your friends list changes their name. I don't wanna be confused when I see a name I don't recognise on my list. Also, I'm quite happy with my name so I won't be changing mine.

It shows the old name for 30 days along with the new one.

Also, FYI for trophy hunters:

Quote from the article:

• You may lose progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards Trophies.

It's not worth losing my online stuff. I'll stick with Beyondthegrave07.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It shows the old name for 30 days along with the new one.

Also, FYI for trophy hunters:

Quote from the article:

• You may lose progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards Trophies.

It's not worth losing my online stuff. I'll stick with Beyondthegrave07.

But if you have all online trophies done and only. Offline trophies are needed no problem then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

But if you have all online trophies done and only. Offline trophies are needed no problem then

You'll screw yourself though on online-only games. You just got to be cognizant of it. It also sucks for casuals who play a lot of CoD, Uncharted, Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.

Only thing thats holding me back is content dlc bought may be lost on ps store. Could care less about saves. Could just start a game fresh. As trophy hunters who has time for old finish games anyways to care much about those saves. How many actually go back to replay a platinumed game. 

Just a heads up for any Rock Band dlc buyers that were worried about the "issues" it could cause:

Hey everyone! PSN name changes are now live and Rock Band should be largely unaffected. One quirk is that Crew Rosters will display old PSN IDs until the user connects to our servers following their change. No other locations or behaviors are affected.

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

who the hell would say the 4th day of April ,1988 you'd just 4th April and if they asked what year youd just say 88 nothing more unless there that stupid they think you were 1888 lmao  I think America is the only country that uses mm/dd/yy instead of dd/mm/yy I could be wrong though 

Edited by Ultraxian

I think it's a lot more hassle than needed. I am not ashamed of being SuperSmash5U. I created that name after I bought Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and even though I deleted the game off my Switch, I can get it back, and now with Joker being added and a possible stage level builder mode, I might go back.

Will probably change my avatar, though. I'm not fond of the Smash logo.

24 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I think it's a lot more hassle than needed. I am not ashamed of being SuperSmash5U. I created that name after I bought Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and even though I deleted the game off my Switch, I can get it back, and now with Joker being added and a possible stage level builder mode, I might go back.

Will probably change my avatar, though. I'm not fond of the Smash logo.

Of course its a hassle CJ. You will be starting over again on a new account in a few weeks anyways. xD

24 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

who the hell would say the 4th day of April ,1988 you'd just 4th April and if they asked what year youd just say 88 nothing more unless there that stupid they think you were 1888 lmao  I think America is the only country that uses mm/dd/yy instead of dd/mm/yy I could be wrong though 

The day wasn't needed, and I'm not sure why I put that there.. But 4th April doesn't sound right to me. It needs that "of" to be grammatically correct, I think. Or I'm off my rocker. One of the two.

On-topic: I've used this name everywhere for over a decade. Won't be changing it.