PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

I'm curious if by changing your username, does it make the previous username you change from available again or would it still show up as already created despite having a new username? I know your old username still shows up along with your new one but is that temporary or permanent?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angel said:

I'm curious if by changing your username, does it make the previous username you change from available again or would it still show up as already created despite having a new username? I know your old username still shows up along with your new one but is that temporary or permanent?

Your old one stays forever as you own id.

no one can have that

And only shows for 30 days along side your new one if. You want

3 minutes ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

How does changing a name lead to so many potential issues?

The way the created the id thing without thinking about changing

2 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Only thing thats holding me back is content dlc bought may be lost on ps store. Could care less about saves. Could just start a game fresh. As trophy hunters who has time for old finish games anyways to care much about those saves. How many actually go back to replay a platinumed game. 

*COULDN'T care less.

I hate being a grammar nazi but I hate that mistake. It keeps me up most nights. But on topic, I really want to change mine but I'm working on some of the games that have issues.

I understand that their are risks but it's so hard to fight the urge to do it considering I've wanted my PSN name changed for almost 9 years now.

It's one of those names that I put the wrong thought into and had regrets fairly quickly after making it.

I'll probably dive head first in once it becomes available. I understand the stupidity in doing that but I'm prepared to deal with the consequences.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

I understand that their are risks but it's so hard to fight the urge to do it considering I've wanted my PSN name changed for almost 9 years now.

It's one of those names that I put the wrong thought into and had regrets fairly quickly after making it.

I'll probably dive head first in once it becomes available. I understand the stupidity in doing that but I'm prepared to deal with the consequences.

And. If. You wait for your desire id and then when  '' everything'' is ok  your id is gone.....

7 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

Don't make it regret #2.

2 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

And. If. You wait for your desire id and then when  '' everything'' is ok  your id is gone.....

Well I guess that too. But it will still be difficult to find a good ID considering lots of people will be taking the plunge like me, so a lot of new ID's will be created AND everyone gets to keep their old/original ID as well so it doesn't make any more names available.

All this does is make it even harder to get the ID you want lol. 

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Anyone know of a user who changed their name and chose to display their old name and one that didn't? Also their current/old names?

The feature hasn't gone live yet, it'll be live tonight at 8pm EST

4 hours ago, waltdisneypixa said:

Such as?

Idk. Ask Sony. They said that it could affect your online stats, leaderboards, and trophies. That's a direct quote from the blog. I'm not a Sony rep. I don't know the details. I'm just saying to be aware of it in case you play a lot of games with multiplayer. It could affect all, some, or none at all. We don't know.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

The PS Blog said live in NA today. However, doesn't mean it actually is knowing Sony. :P But I know at least one that will.

Unfortunately NA has 3 time zones. Lol I always hate when they dont post a time. And give just a day thing. Some told me 8pm est so 5 my time but well see.