PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

The day wasn't needed, and I'm not sure why I put that there.. But 4th April doesn't sound right to me. It needs that "of" to be grammatically correct, I think. Or I'm off my rocker. One of the two.

On-topic: I've used this name everywhere for over a decade. Won't be changing it.

We do say the 4th of April.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
  • Like 2

so I changed my name (still posting with the old account here)

- so far no problems with any of my games (I don't play any online MP games besides rocket league where my progress is still there but I need to play some ranking matches to get back on the boards (as expected))

- trophies (as expected) are unaffected (I'm not talking about trophy progress)

- psn-profiles isn't accepting my new account just yet (the actual profile is already there with the world/country ranking "soon) 

(changed the "about me" part, but the site says I haven't). but there might be a problem with psn and not this site, because the web browser version of my profile is showing the code while the profile on my ps4 is showing the old "about me"

- no problems with bought dlcs

edit: ok there is no problem anymore to create a new account, but I will wait for this site to manage and adjust :) I also syncd a new vita trophy with no problems, so this is also working fine

Edited by J3dP89
  • Like 4

I’m sticking with my current PSN name. 

After fiddling around with name changes in the past, I’m going to play it safe until I absolutely know that this will be good. 

Even if so I probably won’t change it. Even though my initials aren’t AJ and I don’t particularly like the radio.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m sticking with my current PSN name. 

After fiddling around with name changes in the past, I’m going to play it safe until I absolutely know that this will be good. 

Even if so I probably won’t change it. Even though my initials aren’t AJ and I don’t particularly like the radio.

What is the meaning behind your name then? just curious

I kind of want to change mine, but don't want to lose my digital purchases since I bought a ton of PSN avatars that I don't want to lose or some games.
and some games I would never be able to buy again since I got few that have been delisted from the PSN store like the simpsons arcade game and Tony Hawk's pro skater.
 and don't want to  wind up losing those.
 Think the only online progress I don't really want lose is Rayman Legends everything else I haven't either made much progress on or cared enough to back to after getting the trophies for them.
but would like to know if anyone that has any old PS3 digital purchases if they lost anything or not and probably the same for PSN avatars & Themes.

Edited by Nightstream88

This explains an email I got from sony stating I had to create a new psn name / account 3 weeks ago.  Something to do with the name being potential copyright law or something.  Was strange since it was 3 years old.  Now it all makes sense with the name change stuff.  Sony did give me most of my money back for me having to go that far so I wasnt super pist that I had to start over.  I do like the name I picked too.  Was able to claim it for both xbox and psn which is a good thing!  

If xbox can do name changes regularly im sure sony can do it too.  

Does anybody know if you can free up names if you change the name?

I saw really bad news on the Sony announcement where the names "are yours forever" or something. But that may be false.

Maybe after 30 days the name gets freed up?

I want to change my ID to another ID I own. I would change the old ID, free it up, then change my new account to the old name. You can do that on Xbox.

That better be possible or this whole feature is useless to me.

I was going to check the PSN ID change and I could see that I used the same ID since 12-25-2007 (the day I created my account). Man... time flies fast! :awesome:

Still waiting for PSNP to get the ID change transition smoothly, as waiting for more issue reports.

Curious question: if someone has changed ID and has P.T. installed on the console, can you still play it? Considering that it can’t be anymore downloaded (thanks Konami...). I personally won’t be sad to see it go because I never ever played it since I finished it.

Edited by Max654

I wanna change. I’m scared, not gonna lie, since I still play ps3 and vita games, makes me wonder, will purchases on those consoles be okay, will PS plus games still be okay, or do they mean, when there are problems, it is only with “online features” in games??

I did it and managed to dodge being affected by anything, at least that I've noticed. Digital games (Plus and otherwise), DLC, and (obviously) trophies are still intact, and I've checked a few games to see if their save files were affected and haven't seen any issues. I tried to check Bloodborne, but unfortunately, my disc obtained a crack somehow and it won't start. I didn't have Plus when it was free, so I can't check that way.

Glad to finally be rid of my old name. Even if Sony made a massive mistake with how the names work in the first place and only took twelve and a half years to put it in beta, I'm happy it's finally out. Was tempted a number of times to simply make a new account instead because of it. Glad I didn't, since I have my proper username. Which will be getting an account on here soon.

I changed and so far, so good.  Dark Souls II was one of the minor issue games and I booted it up immediately after changing my name.  My save data was there.  I put down a sign and it showed my new name and I called into a game no problem and that gave me enough medals to get my first reward, so that progress was saved too.

And it wasn't mentioned, but I was nervous about it.  I was able to upload a dumb clip to Twitter with no issue.

I'm seeing a lot of off-topic comments in here. Please can we keep it to the topic at hand? This thread is about date formats used in USA vs the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, Max654 said:

I was going to check the PSN ID change and I could see that I used the same ID since 12-25-2007 (the day I created my account). Man... time flies fast! :awesome:

That must have been a great day for you, waking up to find a PS3 under the tree. Best 12th of Twifthember ever!

40 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

I changed and so far, so good.  Dark Souls II was one of the minor issue games and I booted it up immediately after changing my name.  My save data was there.  I put down a sign and it showed my new name and I called into a game no problem and that gave me enough medals to get my first reward, so that progress was saved too.

And it wasn't mentioned, but I was nervous about it.  I was able to upload a dumb clip to Twitter with no issue.

Is Vermachtnis your new Name? In Germany there is a word "Vermächtnis", but Vermachtnis doesn't exists.

Ok. I changed. It

About me in ps4. Is. Not. Changing

I went to my. Ps3 and sync trophies because i had some saint row iv trophies i won yesterday and wanted to sync today and then went to my ps4 to check the trophies and....

No problemssssss

So only the about me thing....( working now)

Edited by waltdisneypixa

Who to sign up again here with your new Id but keeping your email??

6 hours ago, J3dP89 said:

so I changed my name (still posting with the old account here)

- so far no problems with any of my games (I don't play any online MP games besides rocket league where my progress is still there but I need to play some ranking matches to get back on the boards (as expected))

- trophies (as expected) are unaffected (I'm not talking about trophy progress)

- psn-profiles isn't accepting my new account just yet (the actual profile is already there with the world/country ranking "soon) 

(changed the "about me" part, but the site says I haven't). but there might be a problem with psn and not this site, because the web browser version of my profile is showing the code while the profile on my ps4 is showing the old "about me"

- no problems with bought dlcs

edit: ok there is no problem anymore to create a new account, but I will wait for this site to manage and adjust :) I also syncd a new vita trophy with no problems, so this is also working fine

About me is. Fine now

When creating the new account here it won't let me use my email??  Because old id account here is using it

Any solution?