PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

I'm probably doing the most stupidest thing in my life so far but I FINALLY changed my Username from my old account I had when I was 16 NOW I decided to use that account instead of this one for games. All those Platinum trophies I obtained on this account will be for nothing? Idk tbh wiht my old account it's more nostalgic for me. This account felt like a fucking chore if I'm being completely honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

I want to find out if changing my name to Penis will get me in trouble. But when I click on leaderboard and type in Penis it says that my search length is too small ._.

Ring ring 2015 was calling he wants hes joke back :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChampionPrince said:

I'm probably doing the most stupidest thing in my life so far but I FINALLY changed my Username from my old account I had when I was 16 NOW I decided to use that account instead of this one for games. All those Platinum trophies I obtained on this account will be for nothing? Idk tbh wiht my old account it's more nostalgic for me. This account felt like a fucking chore if I'm being completely honest. 

Haha, you won't leave my dear you are already trapped like most of us here. Trophies are psychologically designed to be addictive and to release short dopamine shots in your brain so the more u have the bigger the urge to continue obtaining them and the harder it is to leave your pitiful 'achievements' behind. Unless you do something like switching your e-mail then changing password to cXb3_02w40Ctss020s writing it down on paper and then burning down in a trashcan so you'll never be able to get back on your account again (I did it with my 50 platinum account) problem is weeks, months or maybe even years later at some point in life you'll get down, feel miserable and maybe by any chance you'll turn on your gaming console again... once again you'll feel the excitement of having achieved something, the feel of being needed and you may get back to it :/

The best solution would be if Sony would let us block trophies at the very start of a game or just delete the lists we want, but they realize it's addictive and keeps millions of people playing every day (slowly letting their precious time and lives pass by hehe) so they most likely won't do it. Anyway I think overall trophies feel like a chore rather than a fun activity so I don't think you should bother getting them, at the end of the day no one significant in your life will ever care and at the day you'll die your last words will just be something like 'fuk I wish I never trophy hunted' or 'I wasted my only one life, great' haha

Just play and have fun! Cheers ?

Edited by neomango
  • Like 3

Ok so now that everyone has finally been given this opportunity, please don't put something stupid like "XxXRand0m-_-XSom3ThInGXxX"

(By this I refer to either keeping your damn name in lowercase or in uppercase. Switching between the 2 constantly is annoying. Ain't nobody got time for that)

• Like 1

I’m considering of creating a thread with a list of all PS3, Vita and PS4 games that have been tested by users on the web after changing ID: both perfectly working or having issues. 

Or should I just create a list of affected games by the ID change to make things simplier?

• Like 1

Just now, Max654 said:

I’m considering of creating a thread with a list of all PS3, Vita and PS4 games that have been tested by users on the web after changing ID: both perfectly working or having issues. 

Or should I just create a list of affected games by the ID change to make things simplier?

That's a great idea. The first option would probably be better. I will soon test a few old PS3 games.

1 minute ago, Max654 said:

The former is a lot better!

31 minutes ago, Shiganshina said:

That's a great idea. The first option would probably be better. I will soon test a few old PS3 games.

You can post here when you can, I’ll compile your reports. I’ll probably publish in a week or so. I want to try online modes of a few games with dummy account, then do the free ID change on it.

Speaking of PS3, I searched for the Call of Duty games and users say that all games work and you can play online. However, all PS3 games/versions get the Multiplayer profile reset as a new account.

I’m sure it’s not a big deal, since the majority of PS3 CoD doesn’t have online trophies, and MW2 and MW3 keep Special Ops progression into a local save file.

Edited by Max654

Another question, if there are absolutely no issues known such as online servers errors, corruption of save file, lost access to DLC and such games, should I just write ‘No known issues’ or something similar next to each title? Because I keep writing ‘DLC and save file work - No online issues’.

Edited by Max654

1 hour ago, Max654 said:

Another question, if there are absolutely no issues known such as online servers errors, corruption of save file, lost access to DLC and such games, should I just write ‘No known issues’ or something similar next to each title? Because I keep writing ‘DLC and save file work - No online issues’.

'No Known issues' works just fine

15 hours ago, StuGunn5 said:

4 if you're not counting Alaska and Hawaii.

6 Actually; Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific on the main land and then whatever Hawaii and Alaska is.

Im an idiot. You had it right. I just read your post wrong. oh what an ass am i. lol

Edited by JJTEY14

Just changed my PSN ID. All trophies and DLCs are there.

- U3 MP rank was reset (as expected).

- LittleBigPlanet offline progress is still there.

- GTA V (PS3) offline progress is also intact.

- Payday The Heist progress is unaffected.

Edited by NellOmbra
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shiganshina said:

Just changed my PSN ID. All trophies and DLCs are there.

U3 MP rank was reset (as expected).

LittleBigPlanet offline progress is still there.

GTA V (PS3) offline progress is also intact.

How does your old Account have 0 Trophies? I changed my Name and my old Account Show all Trophies, the new one too.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

actually the original poster suggested there were 3 times zones in NA... if you consider what North America actually is.... its from the tip of Alaska to the tip of Newfoundland..yes that's Canada.. yes we are part of North America.. there are actually 7 time zones... Alaska, Pacific. Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic and Newfoundland...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I understand that their are risks but it's so hard to fight the urge to do it considering I've wanted my PSN name changed for almost 9 years now.

It's one of those names that I put the wrong thought into and had regrets fairly quickly after making it.

I'll probably dive head first in once it becomes available. I understand the stupidity in doing that but I'm prepared to deal with the consequences.

I'd say you're super glad to be getting rid of your Justin Bieber Swag Doctor name for good ? !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Carol said:

Another question about U3, if someone can answer: besides losing your MP profile, do you also lose access to your purchased DLC’s and skins? 

As DLC bought from the PS Store and not from the in-game store? You shouldn’t lose them.