PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

6 hours ago, neomango said:

Haha, you won't leave my dear you are already trapped like most of us here. Trophies are psychologically designed to be addictive and to release short dopamine shots in your brain so the more u have the bigger the urge to continue obtaining them and the harder it is to leave your pitiful 'achievements' behind. Unless you do something like switching your e-mail then changing password to cXb3_02w40Ctss020s writing it down on paper and then burning down in a trashcan so you'll never be able to get back on your account again (I did it with my 50 platinum account) problem is weeks, months or maybe even years later at some point in life you'll get down, feel miserable and maybe by any chance you'll turn on your gaming console again... once again you'll feel the excitement of having achieved something, the feel of being needed and you may get back to it :/

The best solution would be if Sony would let us block trophies at the very start of a game or just delete the lists we want, but they realize it's addictive and keeps millions of people playing every day (slowly letting their precious time and lives pass by hehe) so they most likely won't do it. Anyway I think overall trophies feel like a chore rather than a fun activity so I don't think you should bother getting them, at the end of the day no one significant in your life will ever care and at the day you'll die your last words will just be something like 'fuk I wish I never trophy hunted' or 'I wasted my only one life, great' haha

Just play and have fun! Cheers 1f427.png

Thats why I plan on using my old account for now on just to play games for GAMES not trophies. I didn't give a fuck about platinum trophies. If I obtained one I would be super excited and move on. You can tell from the start of this account it was a chore where I wanted to 100% every game. Wasted my young years doing so. I regret every minute. I wasted so much money on stupid games for platinum trophies. It's really pathetic. Being on my old account will be a blessing just bc I'll be playing games I DO want to play, though I'am glad I have PS3 AC Brotherhood platted on my old account. Not an easy platinum to achieve lol. 

1 hour ago, Max654 said:

As DLC bought from the PS Store and not from the in-game store? You shouldn’t lose them.

I’m talking about all the DLC packs that came for the MP, like Shade Survival, the Fort, all the maps, and the skins that you could buy for your characters, like Winter Elena, Reporter Elena, Nepal Chloe...

19 minutes ago, Carol said:

I’m talking about all the DLC packs that came for the MP, like Shade Survival, the Fort, all the maps, and the skins that you could buy for your characters, like Winter Elena, Reporter Elena, Nepal Chloe...

... and Max654 gave you the answer that you were looking for...

49 minutes ago, Carol said:

The DLC packs are still here on your account.

48 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

... and Max654 gave you the answer that you were looking for...

... Well, it’s rude not to answer, when someone asks you something, just like making unnecessary comments...

19 minutes ago, Max654 said:

The DLC packs are still here on your account.

Ok, thanks for your opinion. I still think I am going to wait, at least while I can still find matches. My U3 profile is more important than my stupid PSN ID.

Edited by Carol

29 minutes ago, Carol said:

... Well, it’s rude not to answer, when someone asks you something, just like making unnecessary comments...

It's not unnecessary. You asked if you would lose stuff from your account, he said you shouldn't, but you insisted in asking.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's not unnecessary. You asked if you would lose stuff from your account, he said you shouldn't, but you insisted in asking.

Sony warned that you can lose access to DLC’s and other paid online content, or didn’t they?

If the MP profile gets reset and the game acts like a new account has been created, it’s also possible that it doesn’t recognize the stuff that you paid for.

I’m also not interested in knowing what the likelihood (“you shouldn’t”) is of me losing the content. I’m interested in someone that bought stuff there, to say for sure that everything is still there.

1 minute ago, Carol said:

Sony warned that you can lose access to DLC’s and other paid online content, or didn’t they?

If the MP profile gets reset and the game acts like a new account has been created, it’s also possible that it doesn’t recognize the stuff that you paid for.

I’m also not interested in knowing what the likelihood (“you shouldn’t”) is of me losing the content. I’m interested in someone that bought stuff there, to say for sure that everything is still there.

No, it recognizes the stuff that you paid for as stuff that you haven't played before, simple as that.

That warning made by Sony is generic PR crap.

4 hours ago, Azedurg said:

I'd say you're super glad to be getting rid of your Justin Bieber Swag Doctor name for good 1f601.png !

I am indeed. It never crossed my mind that people would look at the JB part as Justin Bieber instead of my initials.

Mistakes were made but I'm glad I finally got the chance to fix it.

• Like 1

Went ahead and done this name change and for the most part it works. There is one game that lost it's functionality for me and that is Black Ops 2. I can play when I'm signed out but if I want to sign in on to psn again the whole thing just crashes. Lost my online rank too as well as some weapon skins. 

I was excited to change my name but after seeing the lists of games with problems I will not be doing so, possibly losing progress in Killzone, The last of us, Everybody's golf, Bloodborne and more does not sound like a good deal for changing my name. They're just the games I'm playing/want to finish, let alone everything else I want to play, oh well

On 11/04/2019 at 10:58 PM, Shinobi said:

I am indeed. It never crossed my mind that people would look at the JB part as Justin Bieber instead of my initials.

Mistakes were made but I'm glad I finally got the chance to fix it.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edited by Azedurg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Azedurg said:

I was messing with you about the Justin part ?, it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your original name :P.

You are one of the many people that thought of that when it came to the JB part. That's why I had no problem believing you lol.

• Like 1

I changed my Name and one of the Games with heavy Problems that Sony mentioned was Everybodys Golf. After I changed my Name everything was fine. Progress, Items, Qualifikation Count for the actual International Tournament, Statistics offline and online, no Problems in this game for me. I had no DLCs for this Game. The new Name showed up in the Online Mode with no Problems. A new secret VS Character showed up (100 Birdies). That means this Progress was okay too.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

15 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

How does your old Account have 0 Trophies? I changed my Name and my old Account Show all Trophies, the new one too.

I think it will take time, but I also noticed your old account has no trophies. I'm talking about Sega-Ryudo.

8 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Still baffles me how people can create usernames and not think about having them permanently.... like how? 

Because we don't want numbers in our names, like Kids do it.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

Changed mine yesterday, no problems with PS4 & Vita, though when I went to log into my PS3, I noticed underneath folders (PS2 and PS1 classics etc), there was a new one titled "corrupt data" at 2.6gb roughly. Not sure what exactly got corrupted though as everything seemed okay including saves, though that may be due to having backed everything up with PS+? Might be something to look out for just in case!

10 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ll finally put my words on the few games with “issues identified” from this ‘Tested PS4 games’ list by Sony. Here what I noticed so far:

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag: I saw absolutely no issues at all. I could join multiplayer, see all my multiplayer stats and leaderboards. My solo save file was still here.

- PlayStation VR Worlds: You only disappear from the leaderboards. You can simply play to resubmit a score on leaderboards.

- Uncharted 4: Once again, my name is gone from the leaderboards, but all my Multiplayer and Survival levels and progressions are intact, including all the skins I unlocked.

- WipEout Omega Collection: I saw no issue at all. My campaign progression was still here, my online level is intact and I could join online sessions. The only tiny thing I saw was that my original ID is on my local leaderboards, but my new ID displays to online leaderboards, with the same records as my local ones.

Thanks for letting us know about these, I have a bit of progress on these games and was worried about the change. Glad it's only a few minor things.