Zanyverse

Fucking platformers

87 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Mole17 said:

Should definitely move onto Crash 2 now.

Those damn warthogs (shakes fist angrily)

 

Maybe in the future I will try Crash 2 or 3 (cause I bought the Triology), but defentily not now.

Don't get me wrong, the game itself was not that bad, sometimes a bit frustrating but very rewarding, but what Stormy Ascent took me through. To try it over and over and over and over, up to the point where I only saw a blurry screen.

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through this thread again, I'm having a hard time seeing the justification in some of the complaints.

 

Maybe it's because my situation is similar to AJ_Radio's in that I'm old(er) and grew up with platformers, but I didn't find anything in these games to be unfair at all. Challenging yes, but unfair/broken/unplayable? Not even close. Even Stormy Ascent wasn't all that bad (I found it less difficult than The High Road).

 

Maybe platformers are just my jam. There are certainly plenty of other games at which I'm awful. But calling these games broken or unplayable is not valid.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Reading through this thread again, I'm having a hard time seeing the justification in some of the complaints.

 

Maybe it's because my situation is similar to AJ_Radio's in that I'm old(er) and grew up with platformers, but I didn't find anything in these games to be unfair at all. Challenging yes, but unfair/broken/unplayable? Not even close. Even Stormy Ascent wasn't all that bad (I found it less difficult than The High Road).

 

Maybe platformers are just my jam. There are certainly plenty of other games at which I'm awful. But calling these games broken or unplayable is not valid.

Yeah, it's just these new folks are scrubs.  That's all lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Senitschnig said:

F**** yeeeeeaaahhh

 

 

I finally got my platinum *-*

Everbody who thinks Highroad or Road to Nowhere is hard, you are gonna like Stormy Ascent.

 

Tried the gold relic on that one for the past 4-5 hours, because if I can't manage to clear that one, no point for me in going for the platinum. I always die just before or just after that long vertical section with platforms quickly popping in and out. I'm gonna quit because I'm tired and slowly doing progressively worse. Either I'll beat it or I'll beat the completionism ocd this time, it looks like a win-win situation.

 

PS. Fakest rarity percentage ever, I guess lots of shareplay behind the scenes lol

Edited by Brightblade76
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't give up. I almost did it, but then I asked myself.

Do I let the game defeat me or do I defeat the game.

 

Keep trying, the day will come and it will be wonderful 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Tried the gold relic on that one for the past 4-5 hours, because if I can't manage to clear that one, no point for me in going for the platinum. I always die just before or just after that long vertical section with platforms quickly popping in and out. I'm gonna quit because I'm tired and slowly doing progressively worse. Either I'll beat it or I'll beat the completionism ocd this time, it looks like a win-win situation.

 

PS. Fakest rarity percentage ever, I guess lots of shareplay behind the scenes lol

As you are drowning in despair, just keep in mind that there are people who can get all the relics and do everything else as well in 3-4 hours :giggle:

 

But anyway seriously, the key is getting loooong breaks and focus on 1 level at a time. Trying different levels and keep failing doesn't get you anywhere

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, Stormy Ascent dlc cleared, as a reminder to myself, never attempt this kind of infuriating crap at the end of the day when I'm tired. On one of the last attempts I've died at the jump on the final condor, could have said screw it, but instead I went on berserk mode and cleared it in another 2/3 attempts. Never looking back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm trash.  If I can get platinum relics on this anyone can

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by grimydawg___
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Did 7 relics in a row, now Fumbling In The Dark is making me wanna pick up my PS4 and throw it right through the TV. Almost every jump is a leap of faith, especially at the end, and, I don't know how it plays on PS4 Pro or PS5, but on my vanilla PS4 I'm under the impression that in some parts the framerate screws my jumps up, because the same jump has different outcomes depending on the situation. Anyway, 5 relics and then I'll move to something more pleasant.

 

edit. I did it, ranting always pays off. Now I call it a day before a vein bursts on my brain.

Edited by Brightblade76
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 0:53 PM, Brightblade76 said:

I don't know how it plays on PS4 Pro or PS5, but on my vanilla PS4 I'm under the impression that in some parts the framerate screws my jumps up...

It's not your PS4's fault. I played on a PS4 slim and got through it. It's just a matter of practice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Got the plat a couple days ago, Sunset Vista took me few attempts compared to that dark optional level. In the end though, just Stormy Ascent had me pull my hairs for a few hours (but I've skipped High Road because I don't enjoy suffering enough).

Edited by Brightblade76
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the biggest problems is the requirement to be centred when playing the 2D levels. You want me to play side scrolling levels yet i have to remain centred so i dont fall down in front or behind boxes. That accompanied with horrendous enemy hit boxes and slipping off platforms. I don't remember CB being like this on PSone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.