Leisure suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry PS4 announce trailer

Do not like the voice acting, not funny, why Larry is out of nowhere twice that tall?

10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I've never played one of these games, so I don't know what to expect.

So... how old are you? ;) .

On 4/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, snakebit10 said:

I am 44 will be 45 in October

You never sneaked out some Leisure Suit Larry on a computer back in the old days?

Anyway, not super excited about that game. LSL seems like it's best left as the nostalgic memory of a pre-teen on the school computer. The trailer is kind of strange to me, though. Why do they keep showing the torso of the guy who is supposedly playing the game? Did I miss a joke somewhere?

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

You never sneaked out some Leisure Suit Larry on a computer back in the old days?

Anyway, not super excited about that game. LSL seems like it's best left as the nostalgic memory of a pre-teen on the school computer. The trailer is kind of strange to me, though. Why do they keep showing the torso of the guy who is supposedly playing the game? Did I miss a joke somewhere?

Never had a computer back in the day and never have been a PC gamer. So no I only heard of Leisure Suit Larry when I got a PS3 in 2010. Before that I was out of gaming for about 6 years.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Oh boy Leisure Suit Larry...in 2019 , in the #offendedByAnythingAndEverything era? This will be fun to watch!

Not interested that much by the actual game , it was funny back in the day though.

Hehe yea, is that why they dont mention it at any of the Playstations blogs or at the official Playstation facebook groups  :D  

Dont know if Im gonna get it, seem fun but the backlog is huge.Gotta finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC Odyssey dlc and Read Dead Redemption 2 :o

I have a walkthrough just sitting on my computer, waiting for this to be released.

I actually enjoy the LSL games.  The actual, traditional Larry computer games, not the terrible console games.  I'm happy to report that WDDD is much more like the traditional games, and has some genuine humor.  I had fun with it.

• Like 1

Well this brings back memories!

Played Land of the Lounge lizards as a kid and loved it! Those good old green and black pixelated images and first game that allowed me to travel as if in an 'open' world.

On the other hand, do not like the dorky voice and maybe I've outgrown the underwear jokes (maybe... ?) so I'm on the fence for this one

53 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

i hope its not like the ps3 version (3d) .. i still have nightmares from that shitty game :facepalm:

It's not.  It's a cartoon-style 2.5d point and click.

Also, I've been playing for a bit, and am fairly certain nothing in it has been censored, for those who are worried.

2 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

It's not.  It's a cartoon-style 2.5d point and click.

Also, I've been playing for a bit, and am fairly certain nothing in it has been censored, for those who are worried.

Have you been playing it on Ps4, if so, whats the trophy situation, platinum? 

1 hour ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Have you been playing it on Ps4, if so, whats the trophy situation, platinum? 

Yup.  Platinum trophy. 32 trophies.  Fingers crossed, everything seems to be unlocking fine.  Will check back in when I've finished.

EDIT: Just got the platinum.  Everything's working.  Had a bit of a panic because they left in a trophy that required inputting some stuff on a keyboard, and the way I though they'd unlock it instead didn't work.  Then I figured out the button combination.

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 2

On 13/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, themindisacity said:

Yup.  Platinum trophy. 32 trophies.  Fingers crossed, everything seems to be unlocking fine.  Will check back in when I've finished.

EDIT: Just got the platinum.  Everything's working.  Had a bit of a panic because they left in a trophy that required inputting some stuff on a keyboard, and the way I though they'd unlock it instead didn't work.  Then I figured out the button combination.

For anyone wondering, the combination is R2+R3+L2+L3 all at once. 

Edited by DKShadow