NG+ will not unlock Death Incarnate

aZombieDictator

On 4/11/2019 at 0:29 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Gunfire just confirmed we can not get Death Incarnate trophy in NG+

Why would they do that...

I guess it is locked into "Armageddon difficulty" or whatever? Or Armageddon mode is the New game plus itself?

4 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Why would they do that...

I guess it is locked into "Armageddon difficulty" or whatever? Or Armageddon mode is the New game plus itself?

Well they said when you go into NG+ it remembers lowest difficulty selected.

Which is so stupid because any other game (even the other 2 Darksiders) let you unlock the difficulty trophy in NG+.

I prepped my character up for this NG+ and now it was all for nothing.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

It doesn't make any sense to be honest, what's the point of NG+ if you can't play a higher difficulty when you're stronger? Even with new enemies and armor to upgrade, it's going to be lame. I hope you only have to beat Armageddon +1 for the trophy, and not +9 because that sounds like a colossal bore...However getting to level 100 sounds like a choir too. I can't remember what level I was but luckily I reloaded my save after purchasing all those crystals for the Beast Mode trophy, so I should have ~1 million souls lying around.

If anyone can confirm that'd be great. I want to hope into Darksiders III myself but to be honest I just have too much going on trying to clean up Xbox games and PS4 games I've neglected for like 3-4 months.

6 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

It doesn't make any sense to be honest, what's the point of NG+ if you can't play a higher difficulty when you're stronger? Even with new enemies and armor to upgrade, it's going to be lame. I hope you only have to beat Armageddon +1 for the trophy, and not +9 because that sounds like a colossal bore...However getting to level 100 sounds like a choir too. I can't remember what level I was but luckily I reloaded my save after purchasing all those crystals for the Beast Mode trophy, so I should have ~1 million souls lying around.

If anyone can confirm that'd be great. I want to hope into Darksiders III myself but to be honest I just have too much going on trying to clean up Xbox games and PS4 games I've neglected for like 3-4 months.

Oh but you can change difficulty while in Armageddon... I guess what the OP was saying is that whatever difficulty you end your NG run on is what carries over to NG+. If that's the case, though, I guess one could defeat the end boss on NG in Apocalyptic, which would start NG+ on Apocalyptic as well... 

Where was stated that NG+ won't unlock Death Incarnate? 

I didn't find Apocalyptic all that challenging, to be honest, but still, it doesn't make much sense if NG+ doesn't unlock it. 

2 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Oh but you can change difficulty while in Armageddon... I guess what the OP was saying is that whatever difficulty you end your NG run on is what carries over to NG+. If that's the case, though, I guess one could defeat the end boss on NG in Apocalyptic, which would start NG+ on Apocalyptic as well... 

Where was stated that NG+ won't unlock Death Incarnate? 

I didn't find Apocalyptic all that challenging, to be honest, but still, it doesn't make much sense if NG+ doesn't unlock it. 

That won't work either sadly.

And apocalyptic was ruining my enjoyment of the game with how cheap the enemies were so I had to lower difficulty. It's not fun being 1 or 2 shot by trash mobs that gang up on you.

• Like 1

Apocalyptic mode wasn’t as bad as people were saying. There’s a couple runes that make you overpowered and you can pretty much beat all late game bosses in a few seconds. I don’t remember the exact name of the rune but it increases your damage based on how many souls you have on you. Basically upgrade that rune to the max and save up on those shards you can scatter and once you have about 150-250k souls you can kill every boss and even enemies in seconds.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NaseemJohn said:

Apocalyptic mode wasn’t as bad as people were saying. There’s a couple runes that make you overpowered and you can pretty much beat all late game bosses in a few seconds. I don’t remember the exact name of the rune but it increases your damage based on how many souls you have on you. Basically upgrade that rune to the max and save up on those shards you can scatter and once you have about 150-250k souls you can kill every boss and even enemies in seconds.

They nerfed that in this last patch.

It's now at 40% max bonus. 

And I was getting so frustrated with apocalyptic I turned down the difficulty without even realizing that was a thing.

I just find it unacceptable that they made the trophy not unlock in NG+

This is literally the only game I've played that does that, every other NG+ unlocks difficulties trophies so of course I assumed that it would apply here too.

But maybe when the new DLC comes out I'll try again with abyssal armor 

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

They nerfed that in this last patch.

It's now at 40% max bonus. 

And I was getting so frustrated with apocalyptic I turned down the difficulty without even realizing that was a thing.

I just find it unacceptable that they made the trophy not unlock in NG+

This is literally the only game I've played that does that, every other NG+ unlocks difficulties trophies so of course I assumed that it would apply here too.

But maybe when the new DLC comes out I'll try again with abyssal armor 

You sure it’s patched? I got the platinum not too long ago and it was pretty damn op. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

I guess people complained and the devs gave in. With patch 1.09 it should be now possible to unlock 'Death Incarnate' in NG+. 

Are you kidding? So much for that fresh Apocalyptic save I've been grinding away on.  It's NG+ time!

Darksiders III Update Version 1.09 Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Bug Fixes

• The Crucible will now award tokens again.
  • Fixed an issue, where the final boss would not correctly load for some players.

Changes

• Difficulty can now be switched when starting Armageddon mode. This means the previous playthrough’s difficulty does not affect the Armageddon save’s difficulty. This allows for the collection of the “Death Incarnate”(Complete the game on Apocalyptic difficulty) in subsequent New Game + playthroughs even if the previous playthroughs were played at a difficulty lower than “Apocalyptic”.

Link: Darksiders 3 - Patch 1.09 Details

Well maybe I'll pick the game up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SaintChris77 said:

Darksiders III Update Version 1.09 Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Bug Fixes

• The Crucible will now award tokens again.
  • Fixed an issue, where the final boss would not correctly load for some players.

Changes

• Difficulty can now be switched when starting Armageddon mode. This means the previous playthrough’s difficulty does not affect the Armageddon save’s difficulty. This allows for the collection of the “Death Incarnate”(Complete the game on Apocalyptic difficulty) in subsequent New Game + playthroughs even if the previous playthroughs were played at a difficulty lower than “Apocalyptic”.

Link: Darksiders 3 - Patch 1.09 Details

Well maybe I'll pick the game up.

Sweet, might buy next time it goes on sale then.

??

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Just got the platinum and can confirm: finished the game on balanced, started a NG+ on Apocalyptic and the "Death Incarnete" trophy popped. Must have the 1.09 version instaled, of course. 

Platinum 297 here I come.

I was in the discord when the developers revealed the trophy wouldn't pop and there was a decent amount of backlash, including me of course. Really happy they listened and fixed it quick.

How difficult was the NG+ in apocalyptic though?

Edited by aZombieDictator

At the beginning I would take heavy damage, but upgrading the armor made me feel more durable. Envy, Wrath 1st time, Greed, Sloth and Final Sin were easy fights. I feel like Lust, Gluttony, Wrath 2nd time and Pride were way more resistant than the others, but as long as you have the timing for the dodges, it's not too hard. The extended Havoc form was enough to finish most of them with around 35% of the health bar. I only had to retry a few times on Gluttony because of the tail attack, I would always get hit by the first swing. I didnt fight Abraxis. 

Aside for the black demons and the red eyed enemies, the others monsters werent particularly hard. 

I started around level 58, and I finished under level 70. Something around 64-68, upgrading mostly physical damage. 

1 hour ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

At the beginning I would take heavy damage, but upgrading the armor made me feel more durable. Envy, Wrath 1st time, Greed, Sloth and Final Sin were easy fights. I feel like Lust, Gluttony, Wrath 2nd time and Pride were way more resistant than the others, but as long as you have the timing for the dodges, it's not too hard. The extended Havoc form was enough to finish most of them with around 35% of the health bar. I only had to retry a few times on Gluttony because of the tail attack, I would always get hit by the first swing. I didnt fight Abraxis. 

Aside for the black demons and the red eyed enemies, the others monsters werent particularly hard. 

I started around level 58, and I finished under level 70. Something around 64-68, upgrading mostly physical damage. 

I'm level 62 now, what armor were you using?

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm level 62 now, what armor were you using?

The standard one. I leveled it to +3 using the Slivers of Oblivion Ore from the red eyed enimes. To upgrade further Ulthane asked for a different ore that didnt drop to me at any point, I dont know if its from The Crucible or if it only drop on harders iterations of Armaggedon. 

3 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

The standard one. I leveled it to +3 using the Slivers of Oblivion Ore from the red eyed enimes. To upgrade further Ulthane asked for a different ore that didnt drop to me at any point, I dont know if its from The Crucible or if it only drop on harders iterations of Armaggedon. 

Ahh ok, I have two of the crucible armors.

What did it to the base armor? It has no stats on it so I'm curious