Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do it like you say, it has to be done officially through a payment process, however once the update comes out it will pull the premium status from the old name onto the new one.

Also, Sly tells me this update is finally going to be done very soon, he even gave my "it should be done by this time at the latest". I don't want to give the exact time as I'm curious to see if it will be done by that time myself, but "very soon for real this time" is what I'd say, based on what he told me at least :P 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Sly tells me this update is finally going to be done very soon, he even gave my "it should be done by this time at the latest". I don't want to give the exact time as I'm curious to see if it will be done by that time myself, but "very soon for real this time" is what I'd say, based on what he told me at least :P 

Less than a month?

1 hour ago, Fluffy-Vulpix said:

I reverted bk to my old psn name as I was kinda paranoid after reading that a lot of games have problems xD

Where you read the games with problems? A very few games have major issues with online functions, I tested a couple of them.

12 minutes ago, Fluffy-Vulpix said:

I got myself a ps3 last week so I kinda had to go bk to my old psn seeing as some old games can currupt your ps3 hard drive 

Please dont spreading misinformation! The games with critical issues on saves or dlc are like 10 only. Hard drives CANT be corrupted. Im having more than 400 games in total and more than half are ps3 tested and didnt encountered even the smallest issue.

Edited by DancingCloud
Correction
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fluffy-Vulpix said:

I got myself a ps3 last week so I kinda had to go bk to my old psn seeing as some old games can currupt your ps3 hard drive 

The only serious instance of a game that risks to corrupt the PS3’s HDD, that I read and saw, was Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. I tested many games on my PS3 since I changed ID and none freezed and corrupted my console’s hard drive.

You should check this list of games tested after PSN ID change to give you an idea if you were fine to change back to original ID:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/73539-list-of-tested-games-after-psn-id-change-ps3-ps4-vita/

7 minutes ago, Fluffy-Vulpix said:

Psn profiles has gotten very toxic lately with people always trying to start shit over stuff...

Maybe it would be easier to backup your claims with evidence, rather than getting mad when people say it's bullshit? Just a thought.

No real point in inciting panic on members, there is already a lot of shit the changed-ID members need to go through. Adding more isn't needed or asked.

If no one comes in and calls out false information, less intelligent people just gonna assume all bits of information as being correct and spread them like a wildfire. It's a necessary evil to be told you are wrong, when you are wrong. As previously said, backup your claim with factual evidence and the people which are wrong will go silent. EZ.

• Like 2

Well it'll turn out fine eventually, changed my name myself, only 'annoying' thing i encounter is not seeing what trophies i have earned when looking at a guide

Though i usually play 1 game at a time... So remembering whatever i earned isnt really hard anyway

On 5/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, BlindMango said:

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do it like you say, it has to be done officially through a payment process, however once the update comes out it will pull the premium status from the old name onto the new one.

Also, Sly tells me this update is finally going to be done very soon, he even gave my "it should be done by this time at the latest". I don't want to give the exact time as I'm curious to see if it will be done by that time myself, but "very soon for real this time" is what I'd say, based on what he told me at least :P 

Good to hear!

I went through the process of changing my psn name and setting a new password. Afterwards, the site auto-logs me in with the my updated name, but if I log out, it no longer recognizes the new login info, so I am still using my former account to login. I know some changes around this are coming, but are most folks experiencing the same experience at the moment?

• Like 1