Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

Okay, we're now ready to start applying name changes/merging duplicate profiles. It's worked well in testing and tomorrow I'll test it on some profiles here.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig, reply with your old name and new name.

Also if anyone has changed their name (or knows someone that has) and doesn't have a profile for the new name on the site, PM me the names as an added test.

Old name: kipkebab92

New name: WaxWeazle92

I don't think I made a new account?

Would just want that new name attached to this forum profile :) 

Thanks in advance for all the work though Sly! :) 

Edited by WaxWeazle

Okay, we're now ready to start applying name changes/merging duplicate profiles. It's worked well in testing and tomorrow I'll test it on some profiles here.

Also if anyone has changed their name (or knows someone that has) and doesn't have a profile for the new name on the site, PM me the names as an added test.

old: cole_roddy_mex

new: cole_roddy_mx

Old - HoilowAtaraxia

New - MarinKaryn

On 22/05/2019 at 11:22 AM, ChilledIce said:

I went through the process of changing my psn name and setting a new password. Afterwards, the site auto-logs me in with the my updated name, but if I log out, it no longer recognizes the new login info, so I am still using my former account to login. I know some changes around this are coming, but are most folks experiencing the same experience at the moment?

I had to do the exact same thing. New account is registered but I can't logoff, otherwise it says the profile doesn't exist. Old account can login and logoff, but it's empty, no trophies and it says it's private.

9 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

You have to wait for an Update like we all. I wait since 5 or 6 weeks. I wish I could join Boosting Sessions. I cry a bit every day, let the tears flow.

The updates on the main page confused me. I read that the site retroactively updates old name to new name when you login, but apparently I misread it since I now noticed it's talking about forum login, but even then my forum name is still the old name. Going to read it again as I probably overlooked a step.

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Thanks for the update!

Old: ChilledIce

New: HappyGamersHeart

3 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Old: MSIA_pokwee 

New: pokwey

7 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

No you can't sign in into your new Name because your E-Mail is blocked. And if you use multiple accounts with multiple E-Mails that is called Trophy-Cheating. You can be reported for that. Maybe someone is doing this right now.

You don't even need to put in an email when signing up for the PSN profiles section of the website. That's only necessary for creating a forum profile. Use your new ID for gaming sessions and keep using your old ID for the forum. You can also change your forum nickname to match your new ID like I did so that people recognize you. Very simple workaround for the time being.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

5 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

OK

Old PSN: Articuno2001

New PSN: ArcticCress

Old: ankertw

New: ankeuk

Thank you!

AP3X_PR3D_SwaG which then changed to 

iDemonBlade which i then changed to

FirstCivDiv69

7 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Old name: Billybobbean

new name: Exoplorers

i didn’t make any new accounts just the name change on the PSN end.