Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

38 minutes ago, Taliak90 said:

Now is working for me but i have a new problem, i am premium now and i can’t make the trophy cabinet. Why?

When you go to a page of a trophy you've earned, is there a button which says "Add to Cabinet"?

37 minutes ago, joseskyzafra said:

What bad luck I have. I get everything upside down: my new name does not appear and I get an error, merged profile. My old name does appear but has 0 trophies

What's the old and new name so I can check it out

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Forgive me if this question has been answered before, but when you change your PSN name, does your forum name change along with it?

If you're not premium it will change automatically to the new name, I believe if you're premium it stays the same

7 minutes ago, joseskyzafra said:

My new name: eskypi

My old name: joseskyzafra

Your new name isn't pulling up anywhere on PSN, so it might be set to private in your account settings, or your trophies are set to private - this site won't be able to see anything you set to private on PSN. Follow the steps on the link below and that should get it to work. Make sure your trophies are set to "Anyone" being able to view them and then be sure to earn a trophy in any game after that, sync it to PSN, then update your new name again by typing into the box on the homepage again 

• Like 1

Just now, BlindMango said:

If you're not premium it will change automatically to the new name, I believe if you're premium it stays the same

Ah okay, so it depends on what kind of member you are. Thanks for that! :) It's nice to know I won't have to wait 28 days to change my forum name back to what it is now. :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It will automatically change to a new name assuming your PSN name and forum name are exactly the same, I think.  I changed my PSN name and my forum changed automatically.  I'm a premium member.

Edited by KevlarPrime
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KevlarPrime said:

It will automatically change to a new name assuming your PSN name and forum name are exactly the same, I think.  I changed my PSN name and my forum changed automatically.  I'm a premium member.

Yeah, that should be how it works for premium members - I knew it wouldn't change but wasn't certain how Sly did if the forum name was the same as the PSN name, so that's good to hear :P 

I am having a problem with merging my account. The site thinks that my new name is my old name and vice versa. When I type my new name into the box on the front page, the response is "error: this account was merged in a psn name change." When I type my old name into the box, the response is that my trophy list is private and cannot be seen (which isn't true, as I went through the entire process of making sure none of my trophies were hidden on PS4). Is there any way that I can fix this? 

Edit: For the record, "zackthekiller728" is the old name

Edited by zackthekiller728
Additional information

2 hours ago, zackthekiller728 said:

I am having a problem with merging my account. The site thinks that my new name is my old name and vice versa. When I type my new name into the box on the front page, the response is "error: this account was merged in a psn name change." When I type my old name into the box, the response is that my trophy list is private and cannot be seen (which isn't true, as I went through the entire process of making sure none of my trophies were hidden on PS4). Is there any way that I can fix this? 

The merging "error" may show for up to an hour. After that a regular profile update will be attempted and that should change the name to the new one.

Edit: It's possible you'll get a new error saying you have to wait 24 hours, tell me the new name if so and I can force it.

• Like 1

Hi,

my ID change shows the exact same problem joseskyzafra is facing.

Seeing that merges were possible yesterday I finally changed my ID as I had just waited for it to proceed to the change and did what was written on the first page after having waited as said in the previous updates.

I typed my new ID in the box and then my old one which just updated as usual with no special mention.

Right now, my old ID page is still visible but it has no trophies and it wrongly tells me that my profile is now private and that my new ID is the old one while my old one (this one) which does not exist anymore is my current one.

My new ID page simply did not make it. I even see a sad smiley in the homepage box by just typing my new ID even before clicking the update button. If I do try to update my new profile it tells me there is an error because of an ID change and that I should wait 24 hours to try again.

I so decided to delete my profile even though I just wanted to merge profiles to keep my profile view count and the email address I set yesterday as a replacement to the expendable one I used to have. I am not a premium member and I honestly do not care about my forum profile (first time posting here...).

But to do so I have to write a code in the 'about me' section for jerome_spree ID which is simply impossible unless I go back to my previous ID which I won't do as I will never pay for a name change.

So my question(s) is/are : am I totally f****d to get things the way I want?

If I just let my old ID the way it is and create an account for my new ID, will I be able to use the email address tied to this ID?

Just losing my view count would be OK in the end seeing how much trouble I am in right now.

I know the situation might be hard to understand but a huge thank you to the ones who would read my whole post and try to help me.

The 24 hour countdown I have been given yesterday will end in about an hour so I might try again to update my new ID but seeing how things are I do not think it will work.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JeromeSpree

19 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

The merging "error" may show for up to an hour. After that a regular profile update will be attempted and that should change the name to the new one.

Edit: It's possible you'll get a new error saying you have to wait 24 hours, tell me the new name if so and I can force it.

The site seems to be flipping the name and interpreting the old name as the new one - The new name is CapnTrash00 and is live on PSN and the old one is actually zackthekiller728

2 hours ago, CapnTrash00 said:

Hey, looks like yours got fixed! https://psnprofiles.com/CapnTrash00

12 minutes ago, jerome_spree said:

Hi,

my ID change shows the exact same problem joseskyzafra is facing.

I would try earning a new trophy on PSN in any game, syncing it, then updating your new name on the box on the homepage again and it should update properly

3 hours ago, Kronen_Taberdar said:

I had premium on my old account and i made a new account when the name change happened without realizing they would be merged and bought premium again, but now that things have merged i dont have premium at all.

Sly says it may take some time for premium status to push through, if it doesn't in a few days let Sly know by giving him an @Sly Ripper in this thread and he may be able to help

• Like 1

Tried to do this but it just refreshed my old user to 0% trophies, then when I tried again it gave me the 'Error, accounts can only be updated every 60 minutes' 

Also getting this message:
k1Yf3nq.png

ahoyimzoe is my OLD user and stellanovas should be my current :/

Edited by ahoyimzoe

If you're getting the message "A name change was processed for username recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again" it means the site did not have your account ID for the old name and PSN is still showing data for both names at the moment, so for the site to avoid that confusion it has to wait 24 hours and then typing your new name into the box again should pull everything through normally. If after waiting 24 hours and your new names profile says "Aww, no trophies here" then you need to earn a new trophy in any game, sync it to PSN, then type your new name into the box on the website homepage and it will update.

We currently have an Account ID for all premium members and any profiles that have been updated using the box on the homepage since around May 20th.

To prevent a 24 hour wait time: Before you change your name on PSN, make sure you've updated your profile here on the site since ~May 20th. Once you update your original/current PSN ID, you can go ahead and change your name on PSN, then when you type your new name into the box it should seamlessly update.

Sly will turn on automatic updating for non-premium members soon which should prevent the 24 hour wait after a name change for the most part in the future.

@ahoyimzoe @jerome_spree

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

My problem has apparently been solved. I updated my new ID which worked just fine and then my old ID, which resulted in an error. I logged in with my new ID and the password from my previous username. I did not even have to earn another trophy for this to work so thanks to you BlindMango for your replies and Sly Ripper for probably having forced this to work perfectly.

I just have a last question though : will the PSN name history right next to our ID on our profile page disappear at some point?

Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

I can't figure out the merge thing, since when I look at my old name (Kitzune_Fire) it simply states that there's no trophies here and that the profile is probably private. Updating results in "Kitzune_Fire has no trophies or their trophies are private".

My new name is Niryna_ and did the change shortly after the name change ability was introduced. My old name were entirely visible, until after the name change.

There's no mention of it being merged or that a name change was processed.

Edited by Niryna
  • Like 1