Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

1 hour ago, Niryna said:

I can't figure out the merge thing, since when I look at my old name (Kitzune_Fire) it simply states that there's no trophies here and that the profile is probably private. Updating results in "Kitzune_Fire has no trophies or their trophies are private".

My new name is Niryna_ and did the change shortly after the name change ability was introduced. My old name were entirely visible, until after the name change.

There's no mention of it being merged or that a name change was processed.

Yeah I see what it was doing, though I've done some tinkering and you should be all fixed now :) 

https://psnprofiles.com/Niryna_

Edited by BlindMango

7 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Should I remind anyone the site leaderboards have yet to be fixed.

Yep, Sly still needs to switch the site from linking guides & flags to usernames and switch it over to linking them via Account ID, he says he should be done with that soon and then it will retroactively reflag users or link guides to people that changed their names

@BlindMango @Sly Ripper I could use some help if possible. Much like others who have posted I am not getting a "Profile Updated" on my old account or a "Error: This user was merged due to a PSN name change" on my new account. 

I get the "seinfeldand24 has no trophies or their trophies are private" for my old account, nothing about merging on the new one, just "Updated".

When I try to sign in again with the new profile it tells me "Error No account found, you must sign up first"

My old ID was seinfeldand24

My new ID is gameoverjelly

Is there anyway you guys could do your thing and help me out? Thanks in advance. 

**Edit

Not sure if things just worked themselves out or not but i'm in with my new name and premium membership again :)

Edited by gameoverjelly
Problem solved
  • Like 1

Having similar problems to some others. My old PSN doesn't show any of my trophies and says it's a private account, and my new PSN isn't showing up when I type it into the box on the homepage.

Old PSN: AnInflamedNinja

New PSN: slip_space_

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ?

On 4/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, BlindMango said:

If your profile has been split up for months and you want to merge it now, do the following:

1. Type your new name into the box on the website homepage and wait for it to say "Profile Updated"
  2. Then type your old name into the box on the website homepage and wait for it to say "Error: This user was merged due to a PSN name change"
  3. Now revisit your new name and everything should be merged together.
  4. You may have to log in again, this time using your new username and password you used for your old name

I get an error when I type my new name into the box on the homepage, but it doesn't say this user was merged, it says this user was removed and cannot be tracked.

My old account still show no trophies when I sync.

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

When i try to link the Trophy Card #2 (the one animated) on the "About me" on my profile the following messages pops:

"The link could not be embedded because the image is not in a supported format."

Be sure you're using the BBCode (Not the HTML or direct link it gives you).

1 hour ago, AnInflamedNinja said:

Having similar problems to some others. My old PSN doesn't show any of my trophies and says it's a private account, and my new PSN isn't showing up when I type it into the box on the homepage.

Old PSN: AnInflamedNinja

New PSN: slip_space_

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 1f600.png

The name "slip_space_" doesn't display when searching it on PSN, is this spelled correctly? If so, you may have to wait a while for PSN to show it.

Edit: This is your profile, it looks like the "L" in the name is actually an uppercase "i" (siip_space_): https://psnprofiles.com/sIip_space_

1 hour ago, xxVapuRxx said:

I get an error when I type my new name into the box on the homepage, but it doesn't say this user was merged, it says this user was removed and cannot be tracked.

My old account still show no trophies when I sync.

Any thoughts?

Typically when the error message says "This user was removed and cannot be tracked" it means the site auto-removed the profile due to an excessive number of impossible (auto-unlocked) trophy timestamps in games. I'm unable to look into the details about that though, only Sly Ripper (the site owner) can if this is the case

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Be sure you're using the BBCode (Not the HTML or direct link it gives you).

The name "slip_space_" doesn't display when searching it on PSN, is this spelled correctly? If so, you may have to wait a while for PSN to show it.

Edit: This is your profile, it looks like the "L" in the name is actually an uppercase "i" (siip_space_): https://psnprofiles.com/sIip_space_

Typically when the error message says "This user was removed and cannot be tracked" it means the site auto-removed the profile due to an excessive number of impossible (auto-unlocked) trophy timestamps in games. I'm unable to look into the details about that though, only Sly Ripper (the site owner) can if this is the case

@sIip_space_ See post above, I fixed it

Yeah I just realized this as you got back to me. Chalk it up to me just being an idiot lmao. Appreciate you getting back to me regardless! 

• Like 1

If you can add me to process

old: Kierkegaaard (with 3 A)

new: Shorah-

When i update my old name to test the switch, it says i have no trophies or my profile is private (its not).

New name updates just fine. I just can't use it as my login.

7 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

If you can add me to process

old: Kierkegaaard (with 3 A)

new: Shorah-

When i update my old name to test the switch, it says i have no trophies or my profile is private (its not).

New name updates just fine. I just can't use it as my login.

It's blocking me as well from updating for another hour. So After an hour if you type Kierkegaaard into the box it will likely show Shorah- has 0 trophies and will say to wait 24 hours. If so then during that time you'll want to earn a new trophy in any game with Shorah-, sync the trophy to PSN, then update your new name here on PSNProfiles after that 24 hour wait and it should be good at that point. I know, that's a bit of a process but the site is doing things in the background to make sure to merge them right during that time :P 

Edited by BlindMango