Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

Hi, I changed my psn name (two times because I changed my mind after a few hours)  almost two days ago, everything went fine except my trophy cabinet and rarest trophies section. I have 2 problems: 

1. when I want to edit my trophy cabinet nothing is available - I can't add new ones and I can't edit the ones I already have. 

2. in the "rarest throphies" section my trophies are all doubled (from the usual 5 it's showing 10 - two of each) 

How can I fix this?

6 hours ago, ErrorSelector said:

Will there be any issues if I change my profile name again since my 2nd one would need to be merged with my 3rd name if I change it?

You should be okay - after you change your name on PSN you'll just have to type your new name into the box on the homepage and everything should merge properly

2 hours ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

Hi, I changed my psn name (two times because I changed my mind after a few hours)  almost two days ago, everything went fine except my trophy cabinet and rarest trophies section. I have 2 problems: 

1. when I want to edit my trophy cabinet nothing is available - I can't add new ones and I can't edit the ones I already have. 

2. in the "rarest throphies" section my trophies are all doubled (from the usual 5 it's showing 10 - two of each) 

How can I fix this?

Hey, so regarding the rarest trophies box Sly is telling me that should sort itself out after you earn a new trophy then update your profile here (That's also pretty interesting that it did that lol)

Same thing should get fixed with the trophy cabinet after earning a new trophy, if not let us know

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kronen_Taberdar said:

@Sly Ripper @BlindMango I waited a few days like you asked. i still dont have my premiums from my old account and my new ones before they merged

Sly told me a few hours ago that he'll be fixing that. Basically buying premium for the old and new name seems to be canceling it out completely when the name merges, and has happened to a few people in the thread. It could potentially take him a few days to fix it though, depending on what he has to do on the backend :hmm: 

• Like 2

So I notice a little thing odd with my account of the name change. When I look at my Rarest Trophies, its all doubled. Normal I see some of the members with name change only show them once. Can you check that out Mr @BlindMango.

Thxs!

Just now, NERVergoproxy said:

So I notice a little thing odd with my account of the name change. When I look at my Rarest Trophies, its all doubled. Normal I see some of the members with name change only show them once. Can you check that out Mr @BlindMango.

Thxs!

Try earning a new trophy in any game, syncing it to PSN, and updating your profile here and Sly is telling me it should fix that issue :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Try earning a new trophy in any game, syncing it to PSN, and updating your profile here and Sly is telling me it should fix that issue :P 

Worked like a charm. Keep up the great work!

Whenever I type my account's name it says "This user was requested to be removed and cannot be tracked" for some reason and I can't even sign in with my new id anymore.

Old ID: iiMix04

New ID: Mixtract

Edited by iiMix04

Heya, I have the same issue with the "NameX has no trophies or their trophies are private"

Thanks in advance and nice to see it implemented!

EDIT: Works now! Guess we had to wait a little for it to sync and the back-end does their stuff!

Edited by Koito

9 hours ago, iiMix04 said:

Whenever I type my account's name it says "This user was requested to be removed and cannot be tracked" for some reason and I can't even sign in with my new id anymore.

Old ID: iiMix04

New ID: Mixtract

Maybe try https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete and restore first? Im gonna assume once your new id merge with old it got removed too. Not sure how that works, only the higher ups could explain it better.

2 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Maybe try https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete and restore first? Im gonna assume once your new id merge with old it got removed too. Not sure how that works, only the higher ups could explain it better.

that's weird it didn't work yesterday but now it worked. but I'm still having trouble with merging, when I type in my old username it says user not in database "has no trophies or their trophies are private"

Edited by iiMix04

On 29. 05. 2019. at 1:09 AM, BlindMango said:

You should be okay - after you change your name on PSN you'll just have to type your new name into the box on the homepage and everything should merge properly

Hey, so regarding the rarest trophies box Sly is telling me that should sort itself out after you earn a new trophy then update your profile here (That's also pretty interesting that it did that lol)

Same thing should get fixed with the trophy cabinet after earning a new trophy, if not let us know

Hi again, 

here's an update- the" rarest trophy" section is no longer doubled after I did what you said. But, there is still a problem with the trophy cabinet editing. When I want to edit existing 10 trophies i get the usual screen "edit trophy cabinet" but I can't see any of current trophies.

When i try to add new ones they add to the existing ones and they all show on profile screen (so i can have up to 20 trophies in my cabinet).

so i tried that and THEN tried to edit them but it only shows the new ones that i just added- I still can't edit or delete previous 10 trophies, my "old ones".

I added 5 new trophies to my cabinet so you can see them (ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY trophies)

Any solutions? @BlindMango

Edited by Cyberdyne-7

Hi, I change my PSN ID a few days ago and everything went without a problem. But I saw that beside my name in my PSNProfiles page, there is an icon call PSN Name History that shows my previous ID. I'm trying to turn it off but I don't see the option, how can I do it? Thank you! 

• Like 2

i Think i messed This Up :\

my Old User Name is ZiggyTheFemboy

New One is TigerTennant

(Edit better explanation) 

My issue with this site is i changed my Name on psn And before reading this Post Deleted This account i am On Now,

as This account with old User name Wont work on  The psn page only the forums,

I tryed makeing new account with the New name but what Happens is When Make new account is when sign out and try sign back in it will say "No account found, you must sign up first try signing up" And as for this account ZiggyThefemboy when try sign in says 

"Error

User not in database. You may need to restore your profile before you can log in." And i cant get account back since changed the username, But weirdly enough even thore it fails it still signs me into the forums but problem is cant merge Old name, or make new account Since it will delete after sign up, And cant get old account, 

Edited by ZiggyTheFemboy
Explained it better

15 hours ago, Rain-At-Night said:

Hi, I change my PSN ID a few days ago and everything went without a problem. But I saw that beside my name in my PSNProfiles page, there is an icon call PSN Name History that shows my previous ID. I'm trying to turn it off but I don't see the option, how can I do it? Thank you! 

Edited by waltdisneypixar
  • Like 1

This all happened a bit fast. For me it was a nice reprieve but I guess it's good for some. I do love the old ID display. Ready is dead, long live ready!

On 15/05/2019 at 8:47 PM, AffectatiousDonk said:

Glad to see you are publishing your guides. I remember reading some of your work before, it was amusing. Don't lose the edge.

Damn, I saw this & ended up revisiting those early private guides, then took a look at the draft of the new one & it was factual & boring compared to the other two so I'm going to have to rewrite it a bit & if the language isn't acceptable I'll just dump the whole thing on the subforums. The videos I made for it could easily be played in the background of a high-brow drug party and I reckon the punters would lap it up so there's that at the very least.

• Like 1

Hi,

First of all, excuse my english.

I changed my psn ID at the beginnig.

My Old ID: Bovinoid

My New ID: Mark_Vazk3z

I'm trying to sign in with my new ID and it's not possible.

But, if I try to sign in with my old ID (Bovinoid) I receive this message:

"Aww, no trophies here. This profile is probably private"

What I'm doing wrong???

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Bovinoid said:

Hi,

First of all, excuse my english.

I changed my psn ID at the beginnig.

My Old ID: Bovinoid

My New ID: Mark_Vazk3z ...

Hey, you should be good to go now: https://psnprofiles.com/Mark_Vazk3z

You have to sign into the site with your new username and your password from your old name

• Like 1

Hey. I have change my id from „phoexx“ to „mrwbr_“and then to „MrWeber_“

the last days it works fine with the Id „MrWeber_“ (this id is correct), but now the system says that my ID is merged to „mrwbr_“. What can i do?

Edited by MrWbr_

Just now, MrWbr_ said:

Hey. I habe change my id from „phoexx“ to „mrwbr_“and then to „MrWeber_“

the last days it works fine with the Id „MrWeber_“ (this id is correct), but now the system says that my ID is merged to „mrwbr_“. What can i do?

You'll need to earn a new trophy on PSN, sync it, then type MrWeber_ into the box on the site homepage and that should fix it

• Like 1