Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

On 29. 05. 2019. at 1:09 AM, BlindMango said:

You should be okay - after you change your name on PSN you'll just have to type your new name into the box on the homepage and everything should merge properly

Hey, so regarding the rarest trophies box Sly is telling me that should sort itself out after you earn a new trophy then update your profile here (That's also pretty interesting that it did that lol)

Same thing should get fixed with the trophy cabinet after earning a new trophy, if not let us know

On 29. 05. 2019. at 10:57 PM, Cyberdyne-7 said:

Hi again, 

here's an update- the" rarest trophy" section is no longer doubled after I did what you said. But, there is still a problem with the trophy cabinet editing. When I want to edit existing 10 trophies i get the usual screen "edit trophy cabinet" but I can't see any of current trophies.

When i try to add new ones they add to the existing ones and they all show on profile screen (so i can have up to 20 trophies in my cabinet).

so i tried that and THEN tried to edit them but it only shows the new ones that i just added- I still can't edit or delete previous 10 trophies, my "old ones".

I added 5 new trophies to my cabinet so you can see them (ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY trophies)

Any updates about this problem?  @BlindMango @Sly Ripper

56 minutes ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

Any updates about this problem?  @BlindMango @Sly Ripper

Sly just told me he's working on a set of fixes that will fix the trophy cabinet issue and the premium transfer issues with people who bought premium on both their old and new name. I'd say it may take a little bit of time for him to roll that out though depending on what's involved with it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Sly just told me he's working on a set of fixes that will fix the trophy cabinet issue and the premium transfer issues with people who bought premium on both their old and new name. I'd say it may take a little bit of time for him to roll that out though depending on what's involved with it

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, iiMix04 said:

@BlindMango hey sorry for the tag, I tried the steps in the post but whenever I type in my old username it says “has no trophies or their trophies are private” instead of the merged thing

old PSN ID: iiMix04

new PSN ID: Mixtract

So you'll want to try earning a new trophy with the new name, sync it, then update both names again. Note that you may have to wait 24 hours after doing this for the site to interpret the merge properly - hope this helps out! :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

So you'll want to try earning a new trophy with the new name, sync it, then update both names again. Note that you may have to wait 24 hours after doing this for the site to interpret the merge properly - hope this helps out! :) 

Sorry forgot to mention that I tried that too, I earned few trophies and synced and still nothing, tried for few days.

Edited by iiMix04

On 01/06/2019 at 0:30 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

This all happened a bit fast. For me it was a nice reprieve but I guess it's good for some. I do love the old ID display. Ready is dead, long live ready!

Damn, I saw this & ended up revisiting those early private guides, then took a look at the draft of the new one & it was factual & boring compared to the other two so I'm going to have to rewrite it a bit & if the language isn't acceptable I'll just dump the whole thing on the subforums. The videos I made for it could easily be played in the background of a high-brow drug party and I reckon the punters would lap it up so there's that at the very least.

Excellent, save factual & boring to the accountants of the world, your ........ perspective is far more entertaining. Your new name is amusing, I think it works on many levels for you. 

10 hours ago, iiMix04 said:

@BlindMango hey sorry for the tag, I tried the steps in the post but whenever I type in my old username it says “has no trophies or their trophies are private” instead of the merged thing

old PSN ID: iiMix04

new PSN ID: Mixtract

Your old name isn't on the site so there's no profile to merge. I'll have to make some changes for it to link your forum account.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:40 AM, BlindMango said:

Typically when the error message says "This user was removed and cannot be tracked" it means the site auto-removed the profile due to an excessive number of impossible (auto-unlocked) trophy timestamps in games. I'm unable to look into the details about that though, only Sly Ripper (the site owner) can if this is the case

Still having issues with this. Can you please look into my account and see what the problem is? My old account name had all the trophies set out fine but when I changed my name, it suddenly gives me this error message.

Old user: xxVapuRxx

New User: Vasaric

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, xxVapuRxx said:

Still having issues with this. Can you please look into my account and see what the problem is? My old account name had all the trophies set out fine but when I changed my name, it suddenly gives me this error message.

Old user: xxVapuRxx

New User: Vasaric

Thanks!

Since the site auto-removed your profile, @Sly Ripper would have to manually re-add it to the site. I'm unable to do that myself =/

I changed my name a few days ago, then happened upon this thread. My case is displaying the message in reverse. When I type in my new PSN name, I get the "This profile has been merged" error rather than when I type in my old name. I tried popping a trophy and syncing without luck. I also tried logging in using my new ID, but then I get the "No account found, you must sign up first" error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Old: PyroSylvir

New: Shikikan_Dawn

Edit: my issue seems to have resolved itself.

Edited by Shikikan_Dawn
Problem solved.

54 minutes ago, PyroSylvir said:

I changed my name a few days ago, then happened upon this thread. My case is displaying the message in reverse. When I type in my new PSN name, I get the "This profile has been merged" error rather than when I type in my old name. I tried popping a trophy and syncing without luck. I also tried logging in using my new ID, but then I get the "No account found, you must sign up first" error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Old: PyroSylvir

New: Shikikan_Dawn

i Have similar issue only difference is my main account needs to be restored (The One i am on)

"Error

User not in database. You may need to restore your profile before you can log in." But it signs me into the forum But cant do anything on The psn page.

And same issue when make, new user name  k. I also tried logging in using my new ID, but then I get the "No account found, you must sign up first" error.

But cant restore my account since I no longer have Old Psn username i changed it, cant make new account since it will just delete it and cant merge Accounts

Anyways let me know if you find a solution. :)

On 6/1/2019 at 1:03 AM, Sly Ripper said:

It cannot be turned off

@Sly Ripper - thanks for your work on this, but this particular feature is an issue for trans people (like me) who've changed their PSN ID to avoid being deadnamed. Would you consider making it an optional feature, so that deadnames aren't hanging around in public view?

• Like 3

My trophy milestone info has changed. The trophies that are not platinum have changed. For example, my 3,500th trophy says it is "pillow fight"  but it should be "Small Child, big trophy". The 3,000th trophy is incorrect also. Should I create a new forum so a mod could see? Or is this an appropriate place for this. 

Hi All @Sly Ripper, i dont understand why this website is having these issues. Im very angry. I bought a premium membership at the start of using this website and have been enjoying the site. i change my psn name and that premium disappears okay its a fault with the site so wait weeks for it to get fixed but in the mean time a friend gifts me the premium membership again okay. so effectively i have premium twice. log in today and no membership again. what is going on please fix this and sort it out.

M-C83 to MCromarty to MikeCromarty

This Thanks,

Mike 

3 hours ago, TheRealMasonJar said:

My trophy milestone info has changed. The trophies that are not platinum have changed. For example, my 3,500th trophy says it is "pillow fight"  but it should be "Small Child, big trophy". The 3,000th trophy is incorrect also. Should I create a new forum so a mod could see? Or is this an appropriate place for this. 

Two of your Persona4 trophies don't have a timestamp. This happens when your vita isn't connected to the internet before you start playing. This moved all your trophies up by 2 since missing timestamps are moved to the beginning of your trophy history. 

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Two of your Persona4 trophies don't have a timestamp. This happens when your vita isn't connected to the internet before you start playing. This moved all your trophies up by 2 since missing timestamps are moved to the beginning of your trophy history. 

Oh no! My perfect syncing ruined...

On 5/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, DarkAnimaa said:

Hello, after I have changed my name (old account was BASEL-_-KSA) I got a premium on my new account (DarkAnimaa) and I got a life time premium but it disappeared after I did the merge, please fix this asap and thanks in advance.

@Sly Ripper Hello, its been almost 2 weeks is this issue getting fixed soon?

On 5/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, WaxWeazle said:

That's because it's not fully implemented yet. Once that's done, it'll be fine :)

It's the same for me. If I update the one I used before (kipkebab92) then it will now show me there's nothing to it.

But on my new ID (that I added to my signature) I see everything just fine!

It worked for me. My newly updated name is, what it is right now. Awesome, thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@BlindMango It doesn't affect me, and I don't know if it's been brought up in the 26 pages there are, but does the name change delete people's comments from guides? I noticed in a guide I was looking at the number went down and a person that was referenced wasn't there anymore. (they aren't banned either)

Yes I found this out fairly early fortunately, however it did affect 2 or 3 guide writers comments - To be sure though, can you sent me a link to the guide you're referring to if you remember?

On 6/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, BadTitanSlayer said:

@BlindMango is this still going to be fixed?

Yeah, Sly tells me he's still working on it in combination with other fixes with name changing, though he's not very clear when it'll be done unfortunately =/