Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yes I found this out fairly early fortunately, however it did affect 2 or 3 guide writers comments - To be sure though, can you sent me a link to the guide you're referring to if you remember?

Shot you a PM. I just wanted to at least bring it to the forum's attention in case anyone needs to get that sorted or have their helpful comments reinstated if possible. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

@BlindMango Are there any known issues with not being able to sign into the PSNP account on the main page after changing names? I changed mine and the account duplicated over just fine, and can log onto the forums, but just get an error (error code 400: error) when attempting to log in on the main page.

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it. Was just a cache issue.

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 1

I'm sure this was answered multiple times in the last 27 pages, but my name hasn't changed on the main site and when I try logging into it, it says no account was found. However all my trophies have been under my new name since I changed it a few weeks ago.

Will my name on the site eventually change/sync? Or is there something I need to do so I can log in with my new name?

Old name: WesenZoo

New Name: ZooBlazer

30 minutes ago, WesenZoo said:

I'm sure this was answered multiple times in the last 27 pages, but my name hasn't changed on the main site and when I try logging into it, it says no account was found. However all my trophies have been under my new name since I changed it a few weeks ago.

Will my name on the site eventually change/sync? Or is there something I need to do so I can log in with my new name?

Old name: WesenZoo

New Name: ZooBlazer

You should be good to go now - looks like you just had to type your old name one more time in the box on the homepage, but I did that for you.

Here's your merged profile: https://psnprofiles.com/ZooBlazer

You can now sign into the site using your new username and password from your old account

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, BlindMango said:

Yes I found this out fairly early fortunately, however it did affect 2 or 3 guide writers comments - To be sure though, can you sent me a link to the guide you're referring to if you remember?

Yeah, Sly tells me he's still working on it in combination with other fixes with name changing, though he's not very clear when it'll be done unfortunately =/

Okay I'll wait for about a month from now. I would hate to lose my lifetime premium membership for good.

11 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Premium should now be fixed when you update your profile. Also anyone that had removed their old name before being merged should now get their forum profile linked to their new name.

How about the published and in-progress guides carrying to the new PSN ID? It would suck so hard to lose control and access to all the guides I wrote. I have guides that I haven't published yet… :(

6 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

How about the published and in-progress guides carrying to the new PSN ID? It would suck so hard to lose control and access to all the guides I wrote. I have guides that I haven't published yet… :(

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm also still waiting for guides to carry over to the new PSN ID. It's a good thing I haven't changed mine yet because it must be very frustrating for the guide writers who have.

Sly’s still in the process of assigning guides to Account IDs rather than usernames, which should seamlessly merge all guides together that were made on old and new names

@Sly Ripper - Any updates on this? :P 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If there's a guide you can't access, but want to work on, ask a Guide Team member to add your new PSN ID to the guide as a contributor. Once the issue has been resolved, you can remove the contributor,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingm-7 said:

I'm having a problem where the site thinks my old name is my new name and my new name is my old name so it can't find my trophies.

Try earning a new trophy on the new profile, then tying the new profile name into the box and it should transfer over. It may also tell you to wait 24 hours at that point too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Try earning a new trophy on the new profile, then tying the new profile name into the box and it should transfer over. It may also tell you to wait 24 hours at that point too

This helped, thanks!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, SaltySoph said:

I changed my psn name before I could restore my profile on my old name and now I can't figure out how to get back on the site :( ive tried deleting and restoring on new name but it just says error player can not be tracked

Can anyone help me??