Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

9 hours ago, MoonzorGaming said:

im still having issues my old account is showing when i login and i have followed the above steps.

This looks to be fixed now, though it may have a chance of switching back and forth until you earn a new trophy on the new name

2 hours ago, MyHDName said:

I also have issue. I have my another name but i'm still using this ID. 

Can I get a fix please?

old id - hdiaxkiller

new id - MyHDName

This looks to be fixed now

• Like 1

I have a problem with my Trophy Cabinet. After changing ID, the cabinet was left intact (before changing I had the same trophies you see now, and they stayed there). If I click on "Edit" though, the cabinet screen opens but it's like empty, I can't do anything except click "Close", and I can't see the trophies. If I try to add a trophy to it, it shows it on the cabinet edit screen, but outside of that, it shows the old trophies.
I changed the ID a month ago, but I didn't try to edit the cabinet until now (I wanna add Raiden IV's plat to it), and also I had no problem with mergeing the two names. There's just this thing. Any idea? :/ Thanks.

Edited by Nostalgy_Flow

On 6/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, Angelo Urkel said:

@Sly Ripper can help you in this case. Or you revert your name change and your previous removal from the site.

I have reverted my name change and it says cannot verify code in my about me. I need this fixed asap because psn dont usually change names back and forth they said. 

10 minutes ago, SaltySoph said:

I did on the 22nd June and no response 

Try this: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/contact/

It seems like reverting to your old ID caused some problems. I tried to update it on PSNTL, but it won't fetch trophy data. Perhaps PSNP has other issues regarding this.

@Sly Ripper needs to look into this.

Edited by Angelo Urkel

38 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

Try this: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/contact/

It seems like reverting to your old ID caused some problems. I tried to update it on PSNTL, but it won't fetch trophy data. Perhaps PSNP has other issues regarding this.

@Sly Ripper needs to look into this.

Yeah that's where I contacted him. I fixed the restore profile, I had to go into safe mode because my ps4 wasn't updating my about me information. But psnprofiles shows my old name still. I also get an error code when trying to sign up with my new name and my premium membership isn't visible on my own profile any more:( ahhh so frustrating lol.

Edit: also says I have hidden trophies but in my settings on ps4 nothing is hidden

Edited by SaltySoph

Good Afternoon @Sly Ripper

I am running into an issue with my profile! I think the issue is:

- My original PSN is Mel0yell0w91
- in June I changed it to MarkMelo91
-None of my original trophies are showing. 
- On Monday I will be switching the account back to Mel0yell0w91 (through PSN). 

Are you able to assist me with my account? I think the system is recognizing MarkMelo91 as the original, but Mel0yell0w91 is the true original. Once you are done on your side and on Monday I switch it back to the original, what do I do? 

Thank you agan!

10 hours ago, Mel0yell0w91 said:

Good Afternoon @Sly Ripper

I am running into an issue with my profile! I think the issue is:

- My original PSN is Mel0yell0w91
- in June I changed it to MarkMelo91
-None of my original trophies are showing. 
- On Monday I will be switching the account back to Mel0yell0w91 (through PSN). 

Are you able to assist me with my account? I think the system is recognizing MarkMelo91 as the original, but Mel0yell0w91 is the true original. Once you are done on your side and on Monday I switch it back to the original, what do I do? 

Thank you agan!

There's nothing wrong our end. 

2 hours ago, Mel0yell0w91 said:

@Sly Ripper Good Morning Sly! I just read your response, but there is something wrong! Mel0yell0w91 is my original and MarkMelo91 is my current! that is not reflected and I have no trophies showing! is there anyway to fix? 

The site is confused because your trophy list privacy on PSN is set to "friends only" or "no one" and needs to be set to "anyone" being able to view your trophy list. I'm viewing your profile on PSN right now and it tells me your trophies are not public, which means this site can't view your trophies and cannot differentiate the new name from the old one. You will need to follow the link Sly provided above and un-hide your trophies, then earn a new trophy on your profile and sync it to PSN, and type your name into the box on the homepage.

@BlindMango even before this though, the issue is that my profile is showing Mel0yell0w91 as my current. That is not my current, it is the other was around, MarkMelo91 is my current. You are saying that once I make my trophy list public then earn a trophy under the new PSN and sync and search under the new name it will change? 

Just now, Mel0yell0w91 said:

@BlindMango even before this though, the issue is that my profile is showing Mel0yell0w91 as my current. That is not my current, it is the other was around, MarkMelo91 is my current. You are saying that once I make my trophy list public then earn a trophy under the new PSN and sync and search under the new name it will change? 

Yep, you will have to make your trophy list public and earn a new trophy and then that's when the site will know the difference between your new name and old name correctly. It's okay if you wait to do all that after you change your name back on Monday, the site will still figure it out once you do that

@BlindMangoSounds good, I thought I was going to have Sly delete the account but if it that easy I will give it a try! In all honesty I think I am going to keep MarkMelo91 as the current, I was just concerned the sight would always reflect that way, but then again havent earned a new trophy since switching to MarkMelo91. so just to confirm: 

-Earn Trophy. 

-Sync Trophies to PSN

-Enter New PSN onto site and hit update? or just enter? I think this is the part I am struggling on, just want to get it right. 

I just have a feeling when I ran into trouble is if I merged Mel0yell0w91 and MarkMelo91 and that caused the issue. If that was case, would that afect anything? Or would the system still recognize the active/current PSN? 

Thank you for all of your help!  

Yep, you'll want to do this:

• Change your trophy privacy settings on PSN to where "anyone" can see them
  • Earn Trophy in any game
  • Sync Trophies to PSN
  • Enter your new/current name into the box on the homepage and then hit the update button.

That should do the trick! Don't worry about your profile being broken, it's just the hidden trophies that's currently confusing the website for your profile. It will sort itself out when you do what's listed above.

On 29/6/2019 at 4:36 AM, Nostalgy_Flow said:

I have a problem with my Trophy Cabinet. After changing ID, the cabinet was left intact (before changing I had the same trophies you see now, and they stayed there). If I click on "Edit" though, the cabinet screen opens but it's like empty, I can't do anything except click "Close", and I can't see the trophies. If I try to add a trophy to it, it shows it on the cabinet edit screen, but outside of that, it shows the old trophies.
I changed the ID a month ago, but I didn't try to edit the cabinet until now (I wanna add Raiden IV's plat to it), and also I had no problem with mergeing the two names. There's just this thing. Any idea? :/ Thanks.

@BlindMango What about me? I'm still having the issue.

@Sly Ripper Hey I would just like to address the issue I’m having I’ve changed my name more than twice and I’m currently logged in through my last working name ever since I changed it from Lucidsamael to devilrySol I can’t access my trophies or my new name This account says no trophies now I’ve tried syncing my new name but just says accounts been merged but I can’t access it or see the trophies.

Edited by Lucidsamael

2 hours ago, Lucidsamael said:

@Sly Ripper Hey I would just like to address the issue I’m having I’ve changed my name more than twice and I’m currently logged in through my last working name ever since I changed it from Lucidsamael to devilrySol I can’t access my trophies or my new name This account says no trophies now I’ve tried syncing my new name but just says accounts been merged but I can’t access it or see the trophies.

I had this issue lately. I revert back to my new ID and I could see my trophies, but on my profile it shows that I had zero trophies. My solution was to earn a new trophy, and my total showed on the profile. I could finally sync my changed ID on PSNP. I’m sure it’d work for you too.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

I Recently changed my name from obligatedoctopus to Si1ent_Gengar and I cannot seem to merge my account so I can see all my trophies and progression on this site. I followed the merging profiles guide but nothing seemed to work so i was hoping someone could provide some assistance?. Much appreciated