Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

6 hours ago, ObligatedOctopus said:

I Recently changed my name from obligatedoctopus to Si1ent_Gengar and I cannot seem to merge my account so I can see all my trophies and progression on this site. I followed the merging profiles guide but nothing seemed to work so i was hoping someone could provide some assistance?. Much appreciated

Hey, so you'll need to earn a new trophy on Si1ent_Gengar and then after 24 hours type your new name into the box on the homepage and it should merge over

On 6/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, yndajas said:

@Sly Ripper - thanks for your work on this, but this particular feature is an issue for trans people (like me) who've changed their PSN ID to avoid being deadnamed. Would you consider making it an optional feature, so that deadnames aren't hanging around in public view?

@Sly Ripper @BlindMango any response on this? This site shouldn't be preventing trans people's deadnames from being hidden, now that you can effectively hide it on PSN services. At a minimum, this should be hideable from public view.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, yndajas said:

@Sly Ripper @BlindMango any response on this? This site shouldn't be preventing trans people's deadnames from being hidden, now that you can effectively hide it on PSN services. At a minimum, this should be hideable from public view.

A couple months ago when Sly mentioned this he said it can't be turned off, however he'd be the only one that would be able to give more info on it. I'm unsure if a setting would be able to be implemented or if it's too intricate to disable for a single profile in particular or not

On 7/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, BlindMango said:

Yeah there was another user that had that same issue a few days ago and @Sly Ripper fixed it for him, so because of that I think the error is something he knows about now. Is this happening to you?

Yes. Though if old names are being displayed then I'd rather not be tracked here. It's kind of a dick move on sly's end to show them when psn doesn't even display them after 90 days.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, russia-playa123 said:

Hi, I changed my name recently, it also has both names on my profile here but it says that "russia-play123" is the current one and "Jack_Crunkie" my old one although it is the other way around.

Hey, it will take about 24 hours for the site to process the name change, but during that time you'll want to try to earn a new trophy with Jack_Crunkie on PSN, sync it, then after 24 hours type Jack_Crunkie into the box on the homepage of the site and everything should transfer properly

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hey, it will take about 24 hours for the site to process the name change, but during that time you'll want to try to earn a new trophy with Jack_Crunkie on PSN, sync it, then after 24 hours type Jack_Crunkie into the box on the homepage of the site and everything should transfer properly

Alright, thanks, Ill try again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it seems somehow my accounts have mixed up? I changed my name recently and wanted to access the trophy list but it just won't work.

Instead, when I enter the NEW name it gives the "user has been merged error" and it allows me to log in with my OLD name but when I open that it has zero trophies to it. Not to mention, its still the old one thats able to log in and not the new one. I tried following the instructions in this forum but alas it didn't seem to work. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

Please add an option for people who changed their names to hide the 'clock' icon next to their name it is annoying, my OCD can't stand it + this is the reason why they changed their name in a 1st place so that other's won't see what their s*upid name was, thank you. This really should be an option, I hope you will consider. Greetings.

+The same goes to the hidden trophies I don't understand what is the point of showing how many trophies are hidden if this is exactly the opposite of why Sony added this function, please add these two options available at least for people who want to have an option, thanks! (sry for my eng)

• Like 2

@SainbowRix Is there anything more important than just a tiny ‘clock’ icon next to the username? Look, I didn’t like my original ID but I had to deal with it. When the ID change became a thing, I gladly changed it. I don’t really mind that someone knows my original ID via a click on PSNP.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

6 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@MaxieM0us3 Ok Maxi but some people do mind and I am one of them + I'm not saying/forcing anyone to do it I would just really gladly see it as an option for people to chose, options are good. Especially when you have OCD like me.

Edited by SainbowRix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SainbowRix said:

@MaxieM0us3 Ok Maxi but some people do mind and I am one of them + I'm not saying/forcing anyone to do it I would just really gladly see it as an option for people to chose, options are good. Especially when you have OCD like me.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/75157-psn-name-history-icon/

On 6/20/2019 at 0:01 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

If there's a guide you can't access, but want to work on, ask a Guide Team member to add your new PSN ID to the guide as a contributor. Once the issue has been resolved, you can remove the contributor,

i can confirm this works, as Dragon was nice enough to do this for me.

Alright so I looked into the trophy cabinet glitch further. 

All the games that I put in my trophy cabinet before I changed my ID are still there. The problem is that I can't remove them because when I click on the trophy, I still get the "add to cabinet" option. When I click on that, nothing happens. 

I can add games to my trophy cabinet just fine. In fact, it lets me keep adding them way past the cap of 10. Just check my profile and you'll see that I somehow have 20 trophies in the trophy cabinet. Despite this I still can't remove any of the trophies that were put in there prior to the ID change. I think the issue can easily be solved if someone from psnp can manually wipe my trophy cabinet and allow me to refill it. 

Edited by Doucet-182

On 14/08/2019 at 2:50 PM, Doucet-182 said:

All the games that I put in my trophy cabinet before I changed my ID are still there. The problem is that I can't remove them because when I click on the trophy, I still get the "add to cabinet" option. When I click on that, nothing happens. 

I can add games to my trophy cabinet just fine. In fact, it lets me keep adding them way past the cap of 10. Just check my profile and you'll see that I somehow have 20 trophies in the trophy cabinet. Despite this I still can't remove any of the trophies that were put in there prior to the ID change. I think the issue can easily be solved if someone from psnp can manually wipe my trophy cabinet and allow me to refill it. 

I still have the same problem ... I confirm that I am not able to change my cabinet, it remains the one I made with my old nickname. I can't edit it, the popup is empty ...

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, Doucet-182 said:

22 hours ago, Brut_CherryFM said:

I still have the same problem ... I confirm that I am not able to change my cabinet, it remains the one I made with my old nickname. I can't edit it, the popup is empty ...

@Sly Ripper