Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

15 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

On ‎12‎.‎04‎.‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Sega-Ryudo said:

15 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Might want to change your sig.

On ‎12‎.‎04‎.‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Sega-Ryudo said:

Actually I can't sign in to my new account, because my E-Mail is blocked from my old Account. Will I be able to log in in my new Account next week? Thank you.

I have to wait for next week for a new Signature.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

Was thinking about it but they made it so messy to the point it's almost not worth it so I think I'll stick with my current one because it's not bad.

Out of curiosity, are you only able to change your PSN ID to a name that is available right now (Like if you were to make a new PSN ID) or can you change it into an existing name that's been inactive for years?

Edited by Amonares

1 hour ago, Dark Prince said:

Was thinking about it but they made it so messy to the point it's almost not worth it so I think I'll stick with my current one because it's not bad.

Out of curiosity, are you only able to change your PSN ID to a name that is available right now (like if you were to make a new PSN ID now) or can you change it into some existing but completely inactive profile's name?

You can only change your PSN ID to names that are currently available. Unless Sony decides somewhere down the road where inactive names can be freed up after a definitive time, you won't able to get a desired name that you want.

1 hour ago, GrayN-_- said:

Platinum trophy achievement error?

Hello :)

PS3 'ELEMENTAL MONSTER: Online Card Game' Platinum Trophy has 33 achievements.

However, the achievement rate calculation is 41.

When do you plan to fix it?

It can be a bit confusing, but eight people missing from the leaderboard were taken off due them getting reported then flagged. They either had to hide their trophies -- including platinum -- or they're off leaderboard entirely.

Today my old PSN ID suddenly became trophyless/private here on PSNProfiles and my new one is up but doesn't belong to my PSNProfiles account.  Presumably this is because all your backend is catching up.

Hopefully all will catch up this coming few days.

One question though: Will the login name for PSNProfiles (my old PSN ID) change to my new PSN ID too and I'd log in with that? 

1 hour ago, Anke said:

Today my old PSN ID suddenly became trophyless/private here on PSNProfiles and my new one is up but doesn't belong to my PSNProfiles account.  Presumably this is because all your backend is catching up.

Hopefully all will catch up this coming few days.

One question though: Will the login name for PSNProfiles (my old PSN ID) change to my new PSN ID too and I'd log in with that? 

I asked myself the same thing. Do I have to switch login names and put some "code" into the "about me" on PSN again ?

Thanks for answering :)

7 hours ago, Anke said:

6 hours ago, SaintChris77 said:

I asked myself the same thing. Do I have to switch login names and put some "code" into the "about me" on PSN again ?

Thanks for answering :)

From what it's looking like, your login from the old account should link right up with the new one. ;) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KevlarPrime81 said:

You can only change your PSN ID to names that are currently available. Unless Sony decides somewhere down the road where inactive names can be freed up after a definitive time, you won't able to get a desired name that you want.

Thank you for the clarification.

• Like 1

I'm pretty happy I didn't change my name but made a new account (and forfeit my old ones) with a name I enjoyed BEFORE I had too many trophies. What I regret though was the day when Sony opened PSN name registration (before the PS3 release!) was that I did not end up with something good instead of something totally useless ("XhronePerfect") while I had the chance. I was on their site first hours!! I was way younger and careless.

So, I also changed my ID from "Zer0_Eight_81" to the new "Trellgoth_Prime".

However, I can only sign in on the main page as Zer0_Eight_81.

If I try to log in with "Trellgoth_Prime", it mentions the user does not exist and I have to register first.

But when I register, I get an error saying the email is already in use...

How can I actually log into my new user? Both seems to be present on the main page, but I can only log into the old one.

24 minutes ago, Trellgoth said:

So, I also changed my ID from "Zer0_Eight_81" to the new "Trellgoth_Prime".

However, I can only sign in on the main page as Zer0_Eight_81.

If I try to log in with "Trellgoth_Prime", it mentions the user does not exist and I have to register first.

But when I register, I get an error saying the email is already in use...

How can I actually log into my new user? Both seems to be present on the main page, but I can only log into the old one.

Just wait until @Sly Ripper finish implementing the changes. 

There was a thread stickied somewhere about this issue and advising to not change IDs until next week. 

After the changes on PSNProfiles are done, it should be an automatic thing. 

Edit: the info is on the OP of this thread lol

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 hour ago, TheSidXXX said:

Just to make sure - once the "about a week" is over, will you be letting us know?  I plan to change my name, but I'm gonna wait till all of your updates are done.

Would also like to know this! I already changed mine not thinking about changes on the site!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Varterius said:

I changed my PSN ID before reading this and when I changed and synced, my new ID has been removed while my old ID shows no trophies. Is this a known bug that will be fixed?

Everyone seems to have that happen to them - the new ID shows fine but the old one is kept on the site and it's shown with no trophies, let's wait until the site updates to know what will happen to the old IDs.