Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

24 minutes ago, ChillaFantasy said:

Can anybody help me? 

I changed my Psn ID From ChillaFantasy to UltimaFantasy_93 now in my Profile by Psnprofiles. There Are No Trophies, but i have 1633 Trophies. 

What now? 

Did you earn a new trophy on UltimaFantasy_93, sync trophies on PSN, then come to the site, type in UltimaFantasy_93 and hit Update?

On 6/28/2019 at 9:36 PM, Nostalgy_Flow said:

I have a problem with my Trophy Cabinet. After changing ID, the cabinet was left intact (before changing I had the same trophies you see now, and they stayed there). If I click on "Edit" though, the cabinet screen opens but it's like empty, I can't do anything except click "Close", and I can't see the trophies. If I try to add a trophy to it, it shows it on the cabinet edit screen, but outside of that, it shows the old trophies.
I changed the ID a month ago, but I didn't try to edit the cabinet until now (I wanna add Raiden IV's plat to it), and also I had no problem with mergeing the two names. There's just this thing. Any idea? :/ Thanks.

On 8/3/2019 at 0:51 PM, Brut_CherryFM said:

Same problem as Nostalgy_Flow has. Any news ? Thx !

On 8/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Doucet-182 said:

Yeah. The trophy cabinet is completely broken since I've changed psn names. Any news on a fix?

On 8/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, Brut_CherryFM said:

I still have the same problem ... I confirm that I am not able to change my cabinet, it remains the one I made with my old nickname. I can't edit it, the popup is empty ...

To everyone experiencing issues with their trophy cabinet and don't want to wait around for Sly to fix it some day, I may have found a somewhat painless way to fix it yourself. I wanna give a shoutout to @Tuffinz_ for baring with me for testing this out. He was having the issue where he couldn't delete trophies from his previous cabinet and I thought about the site logic and how it works and told him to try the following and it worked for him! Let me know how it works for you all.

Note: Take a picture of your trophy cabinet if you need to record what trophies were in it because it will be wiped completely by doing the following.

To hopefully fix this you'll need to do the following:

1. Go into the trophy privacy settings on your PS4 and set your trophies to be visible by "no one".
  2. Earn a new trophy in any game and sync it to PSN
  3. Update your profile here by typing your name into the box on the homepage which should blank out your profile here and say "Aww no trophies here". This should wipe your trophy cabinet.
  4. Go back into your trophy privacy settings on the PS4 and set your trophies to be visible by "anyone"
  5. Earn a new trophy in any game and sync it to PSN
  6. Update your profile here again by typing your name into the box 
  7. At this point your trophy cabinet should be able to be edited

Edit: People are reporting that this can still be achieved by skipping step 2 and 5 (Not having to earn a new trophy)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, BlindMango said:

To everyone experiencing issues with their trophy cabinet and don't want to wait around for Sly to fix it some day, I may have found a somewhat painless way to fix it yourself. I wanna give a shoutout to @Tuffinz_ for baring with me for testing this out. He was having the issue where he couldn't delete trophies from his previous cabinet and I thought about the site logic and how it works and told him to try the following and it worked for him! Let me know how it works for you all.

Note: Take a picture of your trophy cabinet if you need to record what trophies were in it because it will be wiped completely by doing the following.

1. Go into the trophy privacy settings on your PS4 and set your trophies to be visible by "no one".
  3. Update your profile here by typing your name into the box on the homepage which should blank out your profile here and say "Aww no trophies here". This should wipe your trophy cabinet.
  4. Go back into your trophy privacy settings on the PS4 and set your trophies to be visible by "anyone"

Awesome. I didn't even have to sync a new trophy and this still worked :) thanks.

• Like 1

@Cyberdyne-7 I forgot to quote you above about the trophy cabinet issue, see my post above on a way to hopefully fix it.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

@BlindMango Think it’s worth posting those instructions in a new, separate thread titled “Trophy Cabinet fix after name change”?

I may if it's needed, the people were affected by the trophy cabinet had their name changed at a specific time under specific circumstances so it's not everyone who got a name change :dunno: I guess I also wanna see if it works for everyone here who commented about it in the thread

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Thank you! This worked for me too, without having to earn a new trophy.

You're my hero(es)!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doucet-182 said:

Awesome. I didn't even have to sync a new trophy and this still worked :) thanks.

58 minutes ago, Kitsune said:

Thank you! This worked for me too, without having to earn a new trophy.

You're my hero(es)!

Woohoo! Glad to see it's working =D

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 0:42 AM, BlindMango said:

Edit: People are reporting that this can still be achieved by skipping step 2 and 5 (Not having to earn a new trophy)

Thank you so much! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UItimate_Battler said:

I have changed psn id yesterday but i have issues re entering on psnprofiles, every time i got error 404. Can someone explain me the exact way to associate the new id?

Try earning a new trophy in any game on PSN with the new name, sync it, then type your name into the box on the site homepage and it should update. It may or may not require a 24 hour processing period :P 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andre_Roronora said:

Changed my name to finally finish up Far Cry 2. Once I revert back to my old PSN will my guides return to me or do I have to wait for the site update?

Old PSN ID: Roronora_Zoro666 

New PSN ID: Andre_Roronora 

I would say they should technically return to you if you revert back to your old PSN name, though I haven’t had an instance where someone confirmed that exact sequence of events yet - I’d say yes though :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I would say they should technically return to you if you revert back to your old PSN name, though I haven’t had an instance where someone confirmed that exact sequence of events yet - I’d say yes though :P 

I'm trying to rush this to return to it as I got more guides underway lol

19 minutes ago, gamers527 said:

Hello, I intend to change my id, to be certain of the situation, and if I understood correctly.

If I am steps 1 to 3 I should not lose my premium and my number of views?

(sorry for my English1f601.png)

Hey, your premium membership and viewcount will carry over once it's all said and done :) 

• Like 1

Hey, apologies if I've misread something, but I changed my PSN ID when it rolled out, but the site is picking up my account as being my old (this) ID. If I go to my profile, it has my profile picture that I've changed since, but by checking my name history it thinks I've changed the ID back to my old one, which I haven't. Is there a way to make it read my account as my new ID?

Will it always show previous id's when viewing a profile or will this eventually be hidden, or will people who have changed their id at least be given an option to hide it? I wouldn't mind if it was only visible to me and the mods or whatever but I don't get why anyone can view my old name. Half defeats the purpose of changing my id, I don't want to be associated with my old name at all so I don't want it at the top of my profile for all to see if they click on the little icon thingy. 

12 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Will it always show previous id's when viewing a profile or will this eventually be hidden, or will people who have changed their id at least be given an option to hide it? I wouldn't mind if it was only visible to me and the mods or whatever but I don't get why anyone can view my old name. Half defeats the purpose of changing my id, I don't want to be associated with my old name at all so I don't want it at the top of my profile for all to see if they click on the little icon thingy. 

There is a thread requesting the feature to remove the PSN ID History Icon, but the owner of PSNP already stated that he doesn't plan to remove it or add the ability to hide it. Link to it:

• Like 1

Just got the trophy in Far Cry 2 to pop. I'm trying to revert back to my old psn but I've run into the issue of how to go about that. 

Just my Online ID back. All I can say is when you go to the support website scroll to the bottom and go to contact us via chat and click Sony Account help then contact us.

Everything that was listed at the top from the link above will be needed. I just went through it took about 8 minutes and had to wait about 15.

I tried calling but I couldnt get through so chat is easier, do not refresh the page in the chat as you can lose your one chance for the day. 

If you cant see the contact us, then it is probably because they are unavailable at the current time. For those not in NA, you gotta use your respective customer support.

Edited by Andre_Roronora

2 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

There is a thread requesting the feature to remove the PSN ID History Icon, but the owner of PSNP already stated that he doesn't plan to remove it or add the ability to hide it. Link to it:

Thank you for the link. Had a quick glance over it and yeah it seems like either it isn't possible to remove it or there isn't interest in doing so, which is a shame. Some people in that thread (mostly people who haven't even changed their ID) want it to stay which is weird. If it was over cheating concerns then as I've said previously, ID changes could still be visible to the mods which would be fine with me. People, myself included, waited a long time for the ability to change our ID, to move away from our old names for whatever reason but yet our old IDs are there for all to view whenever they like. 

It's not a deal breaker or anything, just slightly disappointing but I guess it's up to the owner to do as they please and to be fair there have been many excellent additions made to the site already so I can't complain too much and maybe we will have the option to hide it down the line, hopefully.

• Like 2

Just synced my trophies, getting a new plat in the process and I still dont see it on here. I also haven't reverted back to my old PSN on here as of late. 

Do I have to wait 24 hours for my name to revert back here? If it does revert back, will I still have that symbol next to my name even though I returned to my original PSN?

Edit: Thanks for resolving the issue.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 5:39 AM, fbdbh said:

Is there any progress on carrying over the guides for a profile? I'd like to change soon-ish, but I'd like to wait for guides to carry over.

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. Hopefully, we can have our old guides transferred over soon. I know that it has been mentioned a good amount of times in this thread, but it has been a little while since the last time I believe.

@BlindMango, any updates on this?