Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

17 minutes ago, A-TeamSaint said:

My new one is OptusTechSupport and my old one is A-TeamSaint.

When did you make the name change?

It takes about 24 hours after you first try to sync your new name (OptusTechSupport). Give it a day. Then earn a new trophy on OptusTechSupport, then sync your console to PSN. After the sync is done, come back to the site, type in OptusTechSupport and it should sync with PSN for your new account?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, DaivRules said:

When did you make the name change?

It takes about 24 hours after you first try to sync your new name (OptusTechSupport). Give it a day. Then earn a new trophy on OptusTechSupport, then sync your console to PSN. After the sync is done, come back to the site, type in OptusTechSupport and it should sync with PSN for your new account?

Around 2 weeks or so back.

It's definitely been more than 24 hours, more likely around 72+ since I've trying to update my psnprofiles account to the same name. I am not exactly sure by what you mean by sync console to psn? I have definitely earned more than one new trophy under OptusTechSupport.

Edit:

Updated today and it worked. Thanks.

Edited by OptusTechSupport

• 2 weeks later...

I just changed my name from SorryWeAre0_o to EIdain. It has kept me logged in on the forums, but any time I go to view my PSNProfile page it say's I'm not logged in and I cannot log in using my new or old ID at the moment. It's not been 24 hours yet though? Do I need to wait that long before everything should resume as normal, Or is there something I should be doing to help speed it along like logging out of the forums? - I'm worried if I log out of here I won't be able to contact anyone for support. Also does it shouldn't affect my Premium membership either, correct?

Edited by EIdain

14 hours ago, EIdain said:

I just changed my name from SorryWeAre0_o to EIdain. It has kept me logged in on the forums, but any time I go to view my PSNProfile page it say's I'm not logged in and I cannot log in using my new or old ID at the moment. It's not been 24 hours yet though? Do I need to wait that long before everything should resume as normal, Or is there something I should be doing to help speed it along like logging out of the forums? - I'm worried if I log out of here I won't be able to contact anyone for support. Also does it shouldn't affect my Premium membership either, correct?

Looks like everything has transferred over, but yeah it takes about 24 hours to transfer normally. Your premium transferred and now whenever you log in, it will be using your new username instead of the old one - hope this helps out :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Looks like everything has transferred over, but yeah it takes about 24 hours to transfer normally. Your premium transferred and now whenever you log in, it will be using your new username instead of the old one - hope this helps out :) 

Appreciate the response, it all seems to be working fine now. Also apologies for how badly worded that first post was ?.

• Like 1

Hi, all. I'm having issues getting my new ID to be recognized. I've tried earning a new trophy and syncing, but it's like it's taking it backwards. My old name was @TsarinaLycan, and I changed it to @CommanderRacooon. When I update my old name, it says it has no trophies/trophies are private. When I type my new one, it says it was merged in an account change. I just want to be able to sign in with my new name and view my trophies, but that's not working.

47 minutes ago, TsarinaLycan said:

Hi, all. I'm having issues getting my new ID to be recognized. I've tried earning a new trophy and syncing, but it's like it's taking it backwards. My old name was @TsarinaLycan, and I changed it to @CommanderRacooon. When I update my old name, it says it has no trophies/trophies are private. When I type my new one, it says it was merged in an account change. I just want to be able to sign in with my new name and view my trophies, but that's not working.

It takes some time, 24 hours or so.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HiryuMK said:

Can we change our username here to match our new PSN ID?

Did that not happen automatically after you earned a new trophy with your new name and synced your trophies?

On 12/28/2019 at 6:44 PM, CommanderRacooon said:

Maybe I just haven't accessed it recently, but I did the name change a few months ago. Maybe I just didn't update in that time. I dunno. I'll give it time and try again.

Your profile seems to be correct now. 

I changed my PSN ID to the_nhl_guy a few months ago. I had a profile on my old ID. When I put my new ID into the home page it says Error / This user was merged due to a PSN name change. I then go sign up with new ID I put the code into the about me and enter in my new ID and new password and it says Error / An error occurred, click to try again Error code: 404 • Not Found.  Tried a few times. Any help?

Edited by Super_evaD

15 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

I finally changed my name and everything seem fine. Is it possible to remove the ''PSN Name History'' next to my name in my profile here? Also any update on changing the color of the border in our profile? Mine is currently blue and I want it red to match Iron Man.

No and No, unfortunately. The border color broke a while ago when Sony did an update.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BrunoFarias_ said:

I'm not able to access my old account (BrunoFarias_), cause it shows that I don't have any trophy, neither I can see my new one (brunofariasdo), cause it says it has been merged with another account :(

What should I do? 

Thanks in advance!

You'll need to wait for 24 hours to pass, then earn a new trophy in any game, sync it to PSN, then type your new name into the box on the homepage of this website and then it should be transferred over properly

I have a question regarding the ID name change, I know the vita and PS3 don't support it, I have just changed my ID an this is my new account that was made on the ps4 and I haven't logged on to the ps3 or vita yet and I was wondering if I would encounter any problems with the vita or ps3 games? since I haven't played any games yet or signed in on those consoles but I have changed my ID.  Sorry if I haven't worded the question properly or it don't make sense or its in the wrong thread.