Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, splinter_okha said:
I changed my PSN name  (July 27, 2019) and I haven’t come in for a long time and I see in history that it has again changed to the old psn on February 17,2020 and now I can’t return to my current psn

What is your current PSN id?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kizetsu_ said:

Hey, yesterday i changed my psn id. I had to wait 24 hours to try and update my new account but I always get "This user was merged due to a PSN name change." and my old account has no trophies anymore. I changed my name from Kizetsu_ to Maikel_10969.

Try earning a new trophy in any game on any console, then sync it to PSN, then type Maikel_10969 into the box on the homepage of the website. It could potentially take another 24 hours to process that, but I'm not sure

• Like 1

I followed the guide but it does not make me update my current PSNID, so I decided to delete my profile but the code that is provided to me to put in about me does against the sony policy and therefore it is impossible for me to put it. I don't know how, I'm not able to use this damn site anymore, please someone help me! (I'm Italian, so I'd rather have a guide in Italian)

30 minutes ago, alfreddy32 said:

I followed the guide but it does not make me update my current PSNID, so I decided to delete my profile but the code that is provided to me to put in about me does against the sony policy and therefore it is impossible for me to put it. I don't know how, I'm not able to use this damn site anymore, please someone help me! (I'm Italian, so I'd rather have a guide in Italian)

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to use the site, but with your new ID? What is your new ID?

Are you trying to delete your profile and not use the site any more? You’d need to have the code in the About Me on the profile you’re trying to delete.

• Like 1

my old id was alfreddy32, it is now Rayzadon (changed about 4-5 months ago) on PSN but on PsnProfiles it is still alfreddy32, I wanted to update it but, following the guide, I did not succeed. So I decided to cancel the account, but the code that tells me to put it on, get me an error on my ps4. Sorry for my bad english

1 hour ago, alfreddy32 said:

my old id was alfreddy32, it is now Rayzadon (changed about 4-5 months ago) on PSN but on PsnProfiles it is still alfreddy32, I wanted to update it but, following the guide, I did not succeed. So I decided to cancel the account, but the code that tells me to put it on, get me an error on my ps4. Sorry for my bad english

Rayzadon has been requested to be removed, so that account has been deleted from PSNProfiles. 

Since you started the name change change and then deleted in the middle of switching over, both alfreddy32 and your new account have been deleted. Is that what you were looking to do? it’s still not clear what you are trying to accomplish. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

Hi, I changed my PSN name to GoodOleReggie a few months back, tried to update my account on here followed all the steps and its saying

" Error. A name change was processed for GoodOleReggie recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again." But I'm pretty sure it's been more than 24 hours what can I do? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Amazin_ENG_elite said:

Hi, I changed my PSN name to GoodOleReggie a few months back, tried to update my account on here followed all the steps and its saying

" Error. A name change was processed for GoodOleReggie recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again." But I'm pretty sure it's been more than 24 hours what can I do? Thanks.

Type your new name "GoodOleReggie" into the box on the main page and hit Update.

• Like 1

Hello, I recently changed my PSN ID and came back to PSN Profiles. I can't manage to update my account to reflect my current PSN ID. Tried to do evenrything pointed in the main thread about this topic, and nothing worked. Even tried to delete my account and create a new one, but even this isn't working (my old account is still activated).

Old PSN ID: Dinho_xD_BR

New ID: GhiggiFG

Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, Dinho_xD_BR said:

Hello, I recently changed my PSN ID and came back to PSN Profiles. I can't manage to update my account to reflect my current PSN ID. Tried to do evenrything pointed in the main thread about this topic, and nothing worked. Even tried to delete my account and create a new one, but even this isn't working (my old account is still activated).

Thanks for the help!

You requested to be deleted. You need to follow the same link using your new ID to re-add your profile: https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete

On 4/24/2020 at 0:33 PM, GhiggiFG said:

Thanks for the help!

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

You requested to be deleted. You need to follow the same link using your new ID to re-add your profile: https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete

Looks like you’re back on the site. 

15 minutes ago, itZborgeehh said:

Hi i changed my psn oline id from itZborgeehh to iiborgeehh and i cant update my profile to see my thorpies, what do i need to do? because i want to use my new name insteed

Did you delete your profile at some point going though these steps: https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete

If so, you need to go through them again to re-add your profile and when you do, use your new name "iiborgeehh"

43 minutes ago, itZborgeehh said:

i did but it said error this user was merged due to a psn name change

Now you will need to earn at least one new trophy, sync your trophy from your console to PSN, then come back to the site, type in your new name and click Update.