Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

12 minutes ago, itZborgeehh said:

still the same problem..

A name change was processed for iiBorgeehh recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again.

Good, now just wait 24 hours from right now. Then type your new name "iiBorgeehh" in the search box again and click Update one more time.

• Like 1

I'll simply copy and paste the content of the email I just sent out to @Sly Ripper:

Hi Matt!

I'm messaging you in regard of your PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY on psnprofiles.com. https://psnprofiles.com/about/privacy

Section 8.2 (c) grants me the right to erasure.

As I've already posted several times in the past, showing the previous PSN names to the public is not acceptable. People changed their names for numerous reasons. One reason is stalking and harassment. As you can see from my own name history, I've actually paid money to change my name after being stalked for years. My account, Santa_in_Sandals, was created in June 2008 and I've abandoned it for many years. Whenever I came back to it, the stalking continued. After Sony made name changes available in 2019, I decided to return to my old account. Guess what? The stalking continued. I've changed my name twice. The first change is free. Every other change costs €10 in my country.

There is absolutely no reason why this info is visible to the public. Please erase that data or hide it from the public, being only visible to staff members. This has been mentioned by other users several times in the dedicated thread
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/73406-information-on-psn-id-name-changing-your-psnprofiles-account/

All the best
Marcus

Edited by Santa
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 4:31 PM, Santa said:

I'll simply copy and paste the content of the email I just sent out to @Sly Ripper:

At the very least, it could/should have an expiry as the option does on PSN. And yes, similar but different to you, I have an abusive ex-partner so I'm not comfortable with my old name being visible, it's part of the reason I didn't end up using the site as much as I'd like to back when I initially registered. I've been waiting years for the option to change my name and it's sad to have a remnant of the past stuck right at the top of my profile. ;;

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WITCHTRIGGER said:

At the very least, it could/should have an expiry as the option does on PSN. And yes, similar but different to you, I have an abusive ex-partner so I'm not comfortable with my old name being visible, it's part of the reason I didn't end up using the site as much as I'd like to back when I initially registered. I've been waiting years for the option to change my name and it's sad to have a remnant of the past stuck right at the top of my profile. ;;

The main problem here is the man himself, @Sly Ripper. Unfortunately, he's as ignorant as he has always been and rarely cares about the needs of his community. In this particular case it's especially annoying because hiding that icon can probably be done in a few seconds. It's not like he has do rebuild the entire website.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 1:31 AM, Santa said:

I feel you man. I haven't changed my PSN ID yet, but I plan on doing it in the future. As I've said in a different topic, PSN Name History should only be visible to Mods.

• Like 2

I've tried to remove the icon by deleting and restoring one of my secondary accounts. It doesn't work. Gaming Profiles Ltd. is violating the General Data Protection Regulation on multiple levels here. I've already passed this over to my legal advisor and she'll look into it soon. @Sly Ripper should really come out of the woodwork now.

This is an example of how stuff can get done if taken seriously. I've removed a part of the conversation that had nothing to do with the topic.

Spoiler

Edited by Santa
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 4:28 PM, Dark Prince said:

It's such a shame they don't want to fix a small thing that means so much to people (and is also very important for people's privacy). Actually, they wouldn't have to 'fix' anything really, they would just have to revert it back the way it used to be before.. Anyway, best of luck to you man.

The history is now limited to staff. If you have an actual privacy concern then changing your PSN name will not solve it, you must create a new PSN account as the original name is always tied to your account ID (and thus, your current name).

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

The history is now limited to staff. If you have an actual privacy concern then changing your PSN name will not solve it, you must create a new PSN account as the original name is always tied to your account ID (and thus, your current name).

Wow, you actually did it! It looks so much better now. @Santa would have loved this, shame he left for Exophase. I understand that you and all the mods must have access to people's name history because of the cheaters/forum bullies etc. but the reason it bothered so many people is that absolutely anyone who visited this site had an access to a user's name history and they didn't even have to be registered. Trust me, a LOT of people will appreciate this change, thank you so much.

Edited by Dark Prince
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HootsBlackMage said:

I have changed my name a few months ago on psn and i updated my profile and reverified it and now it says i have no games played and -3k trophies, how do i fix this

What is your old name and what is your new name? The first step is to type your old name into the search box on the main page and click Update Profile. Then, when that’s done, type your new name into the search box and click Update Profile. Then see what message you are given. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I've changed my PSN name a few times now and have never had an issue, so I know how this is supposed to work. This last time I've changed my username, however, nothing will work. Logging into my old name doesn't link it, just shows my old name and no trophies. I'm also unable to recreate my account with the new name. It will detect that I've put the code in my about me, but actually creating an account results in a "404 error." I've also tried again after earning a couple trophies and it still isn't working. Any known fixes for this?

If needed, my old PSN was roseskiies and my new one is rosegoldskies

Edited by roseskiies

27 minutes ago, roseskiies said:

Hello all!

I've changed my PSN name a few times now and have never had an issue, so I know how this is supposed to work. This last time I've changed my username, however, nothing will work. Logging into my old name doesn't link it, just shows my old name and no trophies. I'm also unable to recreate my account with the new name. It will detect that I've put the code in my about me, but actually creating an account results in a "404 error." I've also tried again after earning a couple trophies and it still isn't working. Any known fixes for this?

If needed, my old PSN was roseskiies and my new one is rosegoldskies

Give it 24 hours, then try to update your new name on the main page one more time.

48 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Give it 24 hours, then try to update your new name on the main page one more time.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, but it has been over a day. Keeps saying it was merged due to name change even though it is the new name

Edited by roseskiies

I made a post about this previously. Essentially, any username change I've made in the past hasn't had this issue but after this most recent one I'm unable to login.

Attempting the merging thing, where you type your old and new usernames into the update box, resulted in only my old username sticking around and any new username change displaying the "user was merged" message. I cannot make a new account with, login with, or view my account with my new PSN ID. It has been way over 24 hours since this has happened.

Just now, DaivRules said:

Before of after trying to search for your new name on this sites main page?

That was after. Previously, I'd had no issues with psn name changes and never had to earn a new trophy before searching names. Now when I search names it only says my old one has a psn account and states that my new one was merged and shows nothing

13 minutes ago, roseskiies said:

That was after. Previously, I'd had no issues with psn name changes and never had to earn a new trophy before searching names. Now when I search names it only says my old one has a psn account and states that my new one was merged and shows nothing

Can you verify the spelling of your new profile name?

46 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Can you verify the spelling of your new profile name?

My new username is rosegoldpetals and my old one, which it is still showing and is the only one that will "update" is roseskiies

Edited by roseskiies

1 hour ago, roseskiies said:

My new username is rosegoldpetals and my old one, which it is still showing and is the only one that will "update" is roseskiies

I just typed rosegoldpetals into the search field on the main page and clicked Update Profile and got this message:

Error 
A name change was processed for rosegoldpetals recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again.

So give it 24 hours from right now (2:18 pm EST), then type rosegoldpetals into the field on the main page and click Update Profile again.