Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I just typed rosegoldpetals into the search field on the main page and clicked Update Profile and got this message:

Error 
A name change was processed for rosegoldpetals recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again.

So give it 24 hours from right now (2:18 pm EST), then type rosegoldpetals into the field on the main page and click Update Profile again.

Strange, for me it just says "Error: This user was merged due to a name change." I'll just keep waiting. Thanks for the help.

hi, 

I changed my name from iMADEuMOIST to zurnero for about 48 hrs ago, everytime i try typing zurnero on the main page i just get error this user was merged due to a PSN name change. I've been earning trophies this whole week. I am a very active user and have always updated my profile, so i don't know what the issue is.

getting trophies without this website is so pointless actually

On 5/24/2020 at 9:26 AM, iMADEuMOIST said:

hi, 

I changed my name from iMADEuMOIST to zurnero for about 48 hrs ago, everytime i try typing zurnero on the main page i just get error this user was merged due to a PSN name change. I've been earning trophies this whole week. I am a very active user and have always updated my profile, so i don't know what the issue is.

getting trophies without this website is so pointless actually

When I typed zurnero and clicked Update, I got the message:

“Error 
A name change was processed for zurnero recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again.”

Please wait 24 hours from now and type zurnero into the search field then click Update and you should be fine

On 5/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, rosegoldpetals said:

Strange, for me it just says "Error: This user was merged due to a name change." I'll just keep waiting. Thanks for the help.

I just checked and now your profile “rosegoldpetals” is set to private. Follow the steps here to see how to see your trophies:

On 5/24/2020 at 9:26 AM, zurnero said:

so i don't know what the issue is

Your name change has taken effect and it looks like all your trophies are now showing. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, Sly Ripper said:

The history is now limited to staff. If you have an actual privacy concern then changing your PSN name will not solve it, you must create a new PSN account as the original name is always tied to your account ID (and thus, your current name).

Damn, I've only just noticed it now. It's finally gone. I was so used to seeing that stupid unnecessary icon next to my name that I didn't even realise it wasn't there anymore. No more constant reminder of past mistakes ? 

I don't know why it wasn't always like this, but I'm too happy right now to care. Such a small yet important quality of life update to the site. Nobody wants to see their old names, we changed them for a reason. The sensible thing was done in the end. Mods can be happy that they can still see names if they need to check anything out regarding cheating or whatever, and us users can be happy that any random user or passerby to the site can't see our old names anymore. Thanks for this, appreciate it! ☺️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been using PSNProfiles to track my trophies for about a year now, and everything was great, I love the service as it makes keeping track of things very easy. That was until, my account somehow vanished. Treebeard327 was my old PSN name, when name changes were implemented I changed my name to HistoriaGladio, everything was fine and I had no problems. Now today when I went to check my trophies on PSNProfiles, I was logged out. I thought this was strange, but I figured I would just sign in, no big deal. It wouldn't let me sign in. I tried a few times but with no luck. I decided I would try to update my account, but then it said it had been merged... I tried to login with my old PSN username, with the same password, and it worked. This would be fine, except now it says my profile is private and I have no trophies, which is not true. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? It was working fine a few days ago. I also tried creating a new account and it wouldn't stop loading.

Did you do a search for your new ID in the search box on the main page?

17 minutes ago, Treebeard327 said:

Treebeard327 was my old PSN name, when name changes were implemented I changed my name to HistoriaGladio, everything was fine and I had no problems.

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Try to earn one new trophy, sync your console, then sync here by typing only your new ID into the search box on the main page and hitting Update. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Did you do a search for your new ID in the search box on the main page?

Try to earn one new trophy, sync your console, then sync here by typing only your new ID into the search box on the main page and hitting Update. 

I did, it gave me the name merge error initially. Why it merged into my old PSN username is what's really confusing me. xD I followed your advice and now it's changed to " A name change was processed for HistoriaGladio recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again." Which is strange because I changed my name months ago... I suppose I should just wait and try tomorrow now?

2 minutes ago, Treebeard327 said:

I did, it gave me the name merge error initially. Why it merged into my old PSN username is what's really confusing me. xD I followed your advice and now it's changed to " A name change was processed for HistoriaGladio recently. 24 hours must pass before attempting again." Which is strange because I changed my name months ago... I suppose I should just wait and try tomorrow now?

If you don't tell this site about your name change by typing your new ID and clicking Update on the main page (all the instructions on the first post on this thread), then this site continues to try to pull information about your previous ID. This site isn't owned by Sony nor does it have access to all Sony's information about your account. Your old ID was the only thing this site still had, but trying to access your trophies from your old ID results in nothing from Sony, hence the message.

After 24 hours your profile will update here after your search your new ID again and hit Update.

If you change your ID again in the future, be sure to follow the steps on the first post in the thread to make it as seamless as possible.

31 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you don't tell this site about your name change by typing your new ID and clicking Update on the main page (all the instructions on the first post on this thread), then this site continues to try to pull information about your previous ID.

If you change your ID again in the future, be sure to follow the steps on the first post in the thread to make it as seamless as possible.

Thank you for the help and the information, I truly appreciate it. The reason I'm so confused is that I changed my name quite a while ago and was using it without issue on this site. I did all the steps when I changed my name the first time, it's strange that the problem only now showed up. Up until today, I had been using HistoriaGladio to update and manage trophies, and suddenly it became Treebeard327, I hope nobody else experiences this.

2 minutes ago, Treebeard327 said:

Thank you for the help and the information, I truly appreciate it. The reason I'm so confused is that I changed my name quite a while ago and was using it without issue on this site. I did all the steps when I changed my name the first time, it's strange that the problem only now showed up. Up until today, I had been using HistoriaGladio to update and manage trophies, and suddenly it became Treebeard327, I hope nobody else experiences this.

Well, if anyone else does, it'll be posted in this thread but there hasn't been another case seemingly like yours. You must be lucky!

I recently changed my psn name and my account here at psnprofiles is still tied to the old psn name so my trophies aren't showing i tried deleting my account to sign up again used the delete/restore page but my account isn't removed is there anyway to permanently delete so i can sign up again and thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, hythammadi said:

I recently changed my psn name and my account here at psnprofiles is still tied to the old psn name so my trophies aren't showing i tried deleting my account to sign up again used the delete/restore page but my account isn't removed is there anyway to permanently delete so i can sign up again and thanks in advance

That’s not how you do it. 

What is your old PSN ID?

What is your new PSN ID?

Just now, hythammadi said:

old: hythammadi

new: Ryuzaki_22194

Appreciate the help

Okay, earn one new trophy on your profile as of right now. Then sync your trophies on your console to PSN. After your console is done syncing, come back here and type in ONLY your new ID in the search field on the main page and click Update when you are done. 

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Okay, earn one new trophy on your profile as of right now. Then sync your trophies on your console to PSN. After your console is done syncing, come back here and type in ONLY your new ID in the search field on the main page and click Update when you are done. 

I did right now it says : error this user was merged due to a PSN name change

As the title states, I changed my username when Sony allowed us to, only once. I login today and it is back to "Mikaelkid17" but I'm also not able to view my own PSNProfile:

"Aww, no trophies here ?

This profile is probably private

How do I change my privacy settings?"

I reset my password and logged in but it states "a name change has occurred within the last 24 hours" (inaccurate). I had to login using my old username, as it wouldn't work with my current one (MikeCheck--) but still cannot access my own profile.

Thanks!

Edited by Mikaelkid17
Update on details

@Sly Ripper I changed my username (to MikeCheck--), and merged it with this site with no issues, around 6 months ago and have been using this site with that name, with no issues. Until today it reverted itself back to "Mikaelkid17" without me prompting it. I played a little bit of VR last night but that was it. Logged in this morning and the name changed and I cannot access my own profile any longer.

Long story short, I didn't change my name but the site is acting like I did.

Also @Sly Ripper / @DaivRules my premium membership is gone, even though I paid for a lifetime.

Edited by Mikaelkid17
Premium Member is back, still unable to access profile and name still incorrect. Thank you in advance