Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

Updating your old or new name should now convert to your new name.

Updating an old name should no longer switch it back and present an error "User has changed their PSN name, we do not disclose the new name for privacy reasons."

All older issues should be considered fixed, post if you have new ones.

Edit: It would be useful if someone who changes their name, updates their old name and details what they see/any issues. Also someone who changes their name and updates their new name.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Sly Ripper said:

Updating your old or new name should now convert to your new name.

Updating an old name should no longer switch it back and present an error "User has changed their PSN name, we do not disclose the new name for privacy reasons."

All older issues should be considered fixed, post if you have new ones.

Edit: It would be useful if someone who changes their name, updates their old name and details what they see/any issues. Also someone who changes their name and updates their new name.

Sent you a PM about this

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NintendoFreak29 said:

So I’m confused, I’m told that my forum thing isn’t connected to my PSN, how do I get em both connected?

What is your new PSN name?

1 minute ago, NintendoFreak29 said:

RuinousOne25.

I just updated RuinousOne25 for you seems ok...you can change your forum name under account setting on PSNP.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 2:05 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I was thinking of changing my PSN name but I'm worried about losing DLC or games I've purchased. Does that really happen?

No, on my purchasing account, I have over 4000$ purchases and they are all there after I even change name multiple times.

The only thing that you might lose is some saved game data on some games, that mostly date back to the ps3 era.

If you have receipt of purchased item, in the end even if name change made you lose it, you could always contact Sony.

7 hours ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

No, on my purchasing account, I have over 4000$ purchases and they are all there after I even change name multiple times.

The only thing that you might lose is some saved game data on some games, that mostly date back to the ps3 era.

If you have receipt of purchased item, in the end even if name change made you lose it, you could always contact Sony.

Do you mean I could lose saves backed up in the cloud?

• 7 months later...
16 minutes ago, JackAHayden1993 said:

I’ve been trying to reconnect to the site after a few months out, I changed my username a while back I’m having no luck with getting it to re-establish a connection, 

all games are unhidden too, anyone got any ideas? 

What’s your new PSNID? And did you follow all the steps here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/12212-trophies-are-missing-hidden-or-private-trophies-how-to-fix-it/

11 hours ago, JHayden1993 said:

New: JackAHayden1993

Old: JackHayden0893

yes I did follow them 

Are you talking about a different account on PSN than JHayden1993, like a secondary account? Whenever I search JHayden1993 on the PlayStation app you show up, but when I search JackAHayden1993 nothing shows up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I changed my PSN ID a while ago, from 'PlatmanHD', to 'YarsumPS', and I hadn't realised at first, but since then, my trophies have not been updating on my PSNP profile.

I have tried manually updating my trophies through the 'Update Profile' function multiple times over multiple weeks, but I have had no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do? Is there a way to 'resync' my account?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, YarsumPS said:

Hello,

I changed my PSN ID a while ago, from 'PlatmanHD', to 'YarsumPS', and I hadn't realised at first, but since then, my trophies have not been updating on my PSNP profile.

I have tried manually updating my trophies through the 'Update Profile' function multiple times over multiple weeks, but I have had no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do? Is there a way to 'resync' my account?

Thanks in advance.

Is this your account?: https://psnprofiles.com/YarsumPS