BlindMango

Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

669 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, medo-lr said:

I can't login? Should I do a new account on PSN profile or waiting for update everything? 

 

Thet say  there  you don't make an account on psnprofiles yet 

Red the first post

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so its probably not the right place to ask but lets say i want the name Slyripper but its already taken. I cant make the name even if i go SlYrIpPeR. So can I even change myyy id to lowercase? Since its technically taken.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Ok so its probably not the right place to ask but lets say i want the name Slyripper but its already taken. I cant make the name even if i go SlYrIpPeR. So can I even change myyy id to lowercase? Since its technically taken.

 

You can try in you account just for fun

And you ll see you can't

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I have tried....for fun... because I wanted to change mine to misanthrope after the changes go thru on here...... i tried every combination possible.. MISANTHROPE...exchanged numbers for letters M154NTHR0P3... in every combination I could think of... but it ALWAYS COMES UP AS NOT AVAILABLE... even though no one has it

Edited by cr41g_1965
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

Maybe it is offensive for Sony

that was my take...although I don't see the big deal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just now, cr41g_1965 said:

that was my take...although I don't see the big deal

Have you tried like tree or something to check it is not the servers?

Edited by waltdisneypixa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Ok so its probably not the right place to ask but lets say i want the name Slyripper but its already taken. I cant make the name even if i go SlYrIpPeR. So can I even change myyy id to lowercase? Since its technically taken.

You can change the i to l or the opposite and no one will notice.

SIyripper < capital i after the S

SIyRlPPER < small L after the R

And so one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrazyRap said:

You can change the i to l or the opposite and no one will notice.

SIyripper < capital i after the S

SIyRlPPER < small L after the R

And so one.

No he can't, I tried this. i and 1 are the same for the System, and this is good. Troll Safety. And my first choice was a Name that don't exists, but it was not available, because just one sign was different from another Name, thats not enough difference. "Name_"  was taken and "Name" was not, but "_" wasn't enought difference for the System.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

No he can't, I tried this. i and 1 are the same for the System, and this is good. Troll Safety. And my first choice was a Name that don't exists, but it was not available, because just one sign was different from another Name, thats not enough difference. "Name_"  was taken and "Name" was not, but "_" wasn't enought difference for the System.

No it isn’t.

I’ve changed mine 2 days ago, I wanted “Malkavyan” but was already taken, so I’ve used “MaIkavyan” with caital i and worked perfectly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not the issue fixed?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn guys just chill out 😂 you're too impatient...even if it takes more than a week who cares

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sly informed me everything’s coming into place on the backend and you should start seeing things merging today, starting with forum accounts! 

 

 

 

18 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Ok so its probably not the right place to ask but lets say i want the name Slyripper but its already taken. I cant make the name even if i go SlYrIpPeR. So can I even change myyy id to lowercase? Since its technically taken.

 

I don’t believe you can do this, even if it’s changing your own name form uppercase to lowercase using the same letters - it’s still the same name to PSN =/

 

Edited by BlindMango
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Sly informed me everything’s coming into place on the backend and you should start seeing things merging today, starting with forum accounts! 

 

 

 

 

I don’t believe you can do this, even if it’s changing your own name form uppercase to lowercase using the same letters - it’s still the same name to PSN =/

 


Yeah you cant. My PSN ID was klair88 and I simply wanted to change it to Klair88 but it wont allow it as it's the exact same as my original PSN, it doesnt see the capitalisation as a different letter so I just ended up with a new PSN Name altogether. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pedrohtcastro said:

No it isn’t.

I’ve changed mine 2 days ago, I wanted “Malkavyan” but was already taken, so I’ve used “MaIkavyan” with caital i and worked perfectly.

No, it worked not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

We're still grabbing account IDs for existing members and some cheater reports.

Forums accounts created by changing your name will now be merged with the older account and deleted. When logging in you'll need to use your old PSN name for now. This will take a few more days as I don't want to spam requests to Sony.

 

Pretty soon we'll start handling duplicate profiles created by changing your name and merge them, and deal with the name changes then.

Can't wait to move up in Australia boards once again :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

No, it worked not.

It worked for me.
Had a completely differente ID from the one I wanted though, just like the one here on the forum.

8 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

We're still grabbing account IDs for existing members and some cheater reports.

Forums accounts created by changing your name will now be merged with the older account and deleted. When logging in you'll need to use your old PSN name for now. This will take a few more days as I don't want to spam requests to Sony.

 

Pretty soon we'll start handling duplicate profiles created by changing your name and merge them, and deal with the name changes then.

Great job!
Can't wait to use it my profile on the website again.
I changed mine yesterday, 1 week after the release. Sorry about that, but didn't want to lose my ID, since my other options was already taken.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

We're still grabbing account IDs for existing members and some cheater reports.

Forums accounts created by changing your name will now be merged with the older account and deleted. When logging in you'll need to use your old PSN name for now. This will take a few more days as I don't want to spam requests to Sony.

 

Pretty soon we'll start handling duplicate profiles created by changing your name and merge them, and deal with the name changes then.

 

Good! Remember that my new PSN ID is Maxie_M0us3, and no more Max654. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, HusKy said:

Are auto-updates for non-premium members coming back any time soon?

I’m wondering the same thing, will the posts auto-update on twitter? My new name shows up on the site but even after manually *updating to post on twitter nothing ever posts on my twitter page. (Registered User/*NON premium) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 2:46 AM, HusKy said:

Are auto-updates for non-premium members coming back any time soon?

I'd assume they will once this is complete, but not 100% on that. Any input on this @BlindMango @Sly Ripper

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ren said:

 

Everyone seems to have that happen to them - the new ID shows fine but the old one is kept on the site and it's shown with no trophies, let's wait until the site updates to know what will happen to the old IDs.

 

Yep, me too. My changed (new) PSN ID shows the correct trophy history, but has not synced with the previous ID (this psnprofiles account) re: forum posts, reputation, premium benefits etc.

All trophies are also removed from the previous ID (this psnprofiles account), as if I made it private.

It's only been just over a week, so I'll be patient. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Fat Chocobo said:

I'd assume they will once this is complete, but not 100% on that. Any input on this @BlindMango @Sly Ripper

 

 

Yes, Sly had to turn that off again recently I believe in order to retrieve account ID's faster/PSN was returning errors

 

Edited by BlindMango
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.