Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

Not Changing Mine After Seeing This:

" Some games have known, critical issues when changing the PSN ID.

Reported issues include: loss of game save data or game progress (such as scores/trophy progress),

loss of in-game currency, and parts of the game functioning improperly."

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

21 minutes ago, J470SH said:

Will we need to pay for platinum accounts again?

I have typed in my new name and it says I haven't had a trophy in about 2 weeks this is false. I have just finished assassins creed Odyssey DLC. Should I be concerned?

No, give it a few more days.  They are in the process of syncing all of the accounts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

Not Changing Mine After Seeing This:

" Some games have known, critical issues when changing the PSN ID.

Reported issues include: loss of game save data or game progress (such as scores/trophy progress),

loss of in-game currency, and parts of the game functioning improperly."

Everybodys Golf: No Problems

Friday the 13th: All Progress is lost, Level 1 now.

Dead by Daylight: No Problems

Battlefield 1 and V: No Problems

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

I find funny that I cannot logging in forums with my new ID and its PSNP password doesn’t work, it says that there is no forum account linked to my new ID. But if I log in as my present forum nickname with the password of my PSNP profile, I can log in forums.

Is it a sign that my current forum profile is linked to my new PSN ID? I’m not sure, because if I check trophies via my forum profile, it directs to my old ID with zero trophies.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 29.4.2019 at 7:08 PM, J470SH said:

Will we need to pay for platinum accounts again?

I have typed in my new name and it says I haven't had a trophy in about 2 weeks this is false. I have just finished assassins creed Odyssey DLC. Should I be concerned?

I have this same question since I already created a new PSNprofiles account.

Edited by jatator

5 minutes ago, jatator said:

I have this same question since I already created a new PSNprofiles account.

It is clear we don't have to pay

It is in the first post

Everything will be like before but we have to wait for the site to update.......

3 weeks in no man's land

Edited by waltdisneypixa
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I find funny that I cannot logging in forums with my new ID and its PSNP password doesn’t work, it says that there is no forum account linked to my new ID. But if I log in as my present forum nickname with the password of my PSNP profile, I can log in forums.

Is it a sign that my current forum profile is linked to my new PSN ID? I’m not sure, because if I check trophies via my forum profile, it directs to my old ID with zero trophies.

Yeah, I detailed a few days ago that you’ll have to log into your old forum account temporarily as the new one that was created was deleted

@Sly Ripper Any updates?

I changed my PSN ID and experienced a problem with Sleeping Dogs so i phoned Sony and got them to switch it back to my original name for me, however, i am now level 1 in trophies.

I can see all my earnt trophies including my platinum trophy when i go into the games played trophy list, but in the main list it says i have earned 0 trophies and i am level 1, PSNP also says i have not yet played any games as it too sees me as level 1.

Not sure if this will rectify when i earn my next trophy but i wanted to mention this to you all for obvious reasons.

Edit: I have synced my PS4 several times and still no change.

Edited by Haysi_Fantaysee

22 minutes ago, MCromarty said:

I don't think we're ever see this corrected. Be prepared people

He’s definitely working on it - I wish he’d be better at giving status updates here though as I haven’t been able to ask him about it in a couple days

• Like 2