Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

Not sure if this has anything to do with the ID change, but my trophy cabinet won't show up on my new ID. I only had 3 trophies there to begin with, so the fact that my premium membership hasn't been carried over yet can't be the problem. If I try to add them to my cabinet again it says that they are already there.

It's been a while but I dont mind. Took Sony long enough so it makes sense that a 3rd parry site who uses their API would need time too. I'm sure they'll figure it all out soon enough anyway and are working hard on it so the least we can do is have a little patience.

• Like 1

Just now, OrionsOdyssey said:

It's been a while but I dont mind. Took Sony long enough so it makes sense that a 3rd parry site who uses their API would need time too. I'm sure they'll figure it all out soon enough anyway and are working hard on it so the least we can do is have a little patience.

Sony took time because they wanted like games they give free each month

On 1-5-2019 at 0:11 AM, waltdisneypixa said:

It is not like is expensive to pay it again

Well its not that its expensive

I got it from a friend who'm i helped & just dont want to end up his money being lost because i wanted a different name xD

31 minutes ago, DJ_AdruA said:

Well its not that its expensive

I got it from a friend who'm i helped & just dont want to end up his money being lost because i wanted a different name xD

Lol

nice one

I said that because maybe it would be easier for the change here

12 minutes ago, OrionsOdyssey said:

It'll be grand man, Just chill and earn some trophies. It'll all update when ready. 

If you don't use it as much as me, fine by you

But for me,  i use it daily and need to be signed in.  The page is so useful for me so for me it is important. It is not like chill play and next year you'll be updated

I want to know anything from Sly because 3 weeks ago it was posted 1week and at least i want to know how sly is doing

The only thing that really slows down my game playing is I can't join any game sessions because it thinks I don't own the game. I mean, I can contact the player hosting the session, but can't see the updates on time/dates on the site.  But I'm sure it will just be a bit longer and all issues will be resolved.

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

The only thing that really slows down my game playing is I can't join any game sessions because it thinks I don't own the game. I mean, I can contact the player hosting the session, but can't see the updates on time/dates on the site.  But I'm sure it will just be a bit longer and all issues will be resolved.

Yeah or create

But of course we'll wait for Sly to do whatever necessary but a little word from him would be lovely

Greetings and congrats to all new ids owners lol

I would appreciate an update too. I fully recognize the work involved and making sure a seamless transition is achieved, but transparent communication sprinkled with regular updates would be appreciated.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, waltdisneypixa said:

From day 1 i can sync mine, the old one says private trophies and 0 trophies

So did you sync your new ID and register a new PSN profile account for them? Or did you just sync the new ID from the from page (i.e. update User) without making a new PSN profile account?

Thanks!

Just now, xxVapuRxx said:

So did you sync your new ID and register a new PSN profile account for them? Or did you just sync the new ID from the from page (i.e. update User) without making a new PSN profile account?

Thanks!

From home page typed my new id

Then i had my old and new showing in leader boards for a while

I didn't register my new id because my email is taken from my old id

1 minute ago, waltdisneypixa said:

From home page typed my new id

Then i had my old and new showing in leader boards for a while

I didn't register my new id because my email is taken from my old id

Ah I see. That might be my problem.

I changed my name, then when I realised I couldn't register (because email taken), I changed my email as well and re-registered under that new email.

It worked for like, 15 minutes, but then I get automatically logged out and when I try to log back in, it says my account (under the new ID) has been removed.

I can still access my old account but it has 0 trophies... so I'm kind of in limbo atm lol.

25 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Forum accounts are linked with PSN account IDs now, if you try to sign up with a name change it'll just pull up your existing account. You can use your old name to log into it.

Thanks, but I tried signing up with my new changed name again just now, and it says "this user has been removed and cannot be tracked".

This is weird, because before (as in last week), I was able to at least able to sign up with my new name... now I can't even do that... any thoughts?

Any update? Its May 3rd, and my profile still hasn't synced up. Changed my name day 1 (didn't see the "warning").

The April 26th Update on Page 1 hasn't happened to me, at all. My forum profile is stuck to my old PSN ID (phantomfear9494). If I search for my new PSNID it scans trophies correctly, but has not merged this forum account with all my rep, posts, premium benefits etc. to it. 

Edited by phantomfear9494

10 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Any update? Its May 3rd, and my profile still hasn't synced up. Changed my name day 1 (didn't see the "warning").

The April 26th Update on Page 1 hasn't happened to me, at all. My forum profile is stuck to my old PSN ID (phantomfear9494). If I search for my new PSNID it scans trophies correctly, but has not merged this forum account with all my rep, posts, premium benefits etc. to it. 

Update? Two post above

Transition is going good.....

that could be another week, month....

1 hour ago, waltdisneypixa said:

Update? Two post above

Transition is going good.....

that could be another week, month....

It just isn't working, at all. No change on this one. I registered PhantomFear94 (new ID) as a new user, but no forum account (this one) was auto-attached to it. After I signed out of it to get back into this to comment, it then said I hadn't made registered under that name (had done about 30 mins before). It let me make a PhantomFear94 account again, then when I signed out again the same thing happened - said the account didn't exist AGAIN. 

Although I'm sure it isn't straightforward, this whole process has been a complete mess. TrueTrophies was absolutely fine. I'm not sure whether the PSN profile and Forum profiles on here are technically separate, and that is causing the issue. Just going to stay on my old one for another couple of weeks and hope it resolves because I have premium benefits I'd rather not lose. 

9 hours ago, xxVapuRxx said:

Thanks, but I tried signing up with my new changed name again just now, and it says "this user has been removed and cannot be tracked".

This is weird, because before (as in last week), I was able to at least able to sign up with my new name... now I can't even do that... any thoughts?

Edited by phantomfear9494

Hope is all gets sorted soon. I couldn't wait with my PSN name change. I'm trans and playing with my old name was just too depressing. Can't wait to be a premium member again soon! I miss my constant updates haha. :)