Am I just trash, or is Loose Screw completely bullshit?

TehUberCheezCatz

9 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

It’s literally the only thing I’m missing for plat, and no matter what i do I can’t get past like 80m, let alone to fuckin 150m

Anyone else having issues with this, and if so, anyone got any tips?

Although I really suck at wheelies I agree this skill game is incredibly hard. I finally got to 150 meters after 6/7 hours of trying. All I can say is use the helium and stop at each safe zone. U Will get better at the first 50 meter. After that go full gas for 1/2 seconds for the first jump and land on the backwheel with 20-40% gas. Stop at the safe zone and go 80% gas and u can make it to the top of the black ramp easily. My chokepoint was the drop down I honestly don't know how I got passed it. The last jump at 110m is quite easy, just pull a wheelie and lean forward after hitting the ramp. Then take your time on the last ramp down and voilla. 

I hope this helpes you out, good luck

• Like 1

I find it easier wheeling with the Rhino bike. That's also how I got my gold medal. Either that or the Helium. This wheelie skill game is borderline ninja difficulty due to it being Rear Wheel Only. Good luck and keep practicing. You can be good at trials and completely suck a wheelies until you learn the proper way to pull it off :) 

If you are new to Trials or haven't played in a long time then I see this as being rather difficult. As someone put they have 1000 hrs in fusion so he did it with relative ease but it may take you 2+ hrs to get gold. 

Tips. Use either Helium or Rhino if you aren't confident with mantis. Like in Fusion Roach (Rhino) was the easiest bike to keep consistent wheelies. Other than that its your skills as a player.

It's not hard once you understand the physics of the bike, Rising is the little baby version of Fusion with no hard stuff at all (which was really dissapointing tbh, I liked fusion way more because it had a challenge). Use whatever bike you feel most comfortable with (I suggest the helium though as the control with it is pretty easy) and don't hold lean nor gas, do it in small intervals to maximise the control. If there would be anything else you'd be struggling with, the helium is an easy sollution to almost every technical struggle as you can do way more with less speed. Happy hunting!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got it after about 6 hours of attempts spread over a few days.  I initially tried to cheese it using the Donkey method posted above, but gave up after a while, because I just couldn't do the last part with it, and even getting to it was too random.  I ended up using Helium after trying all other bikes.  It lets you recover from mistakes much easier.  One tip I can provide that's not mentioned is that if you search for: "Loose" in Track Central, you'll see a few tracks people made that try to recreate Loose Screw but with checkpoints, and you can use R3 to toggle between checkpoints.  The best one I found was called 'Loose Crew 2'  (note different spelling, probably so it doesn't get removed).  Here's my Gold medal run:

Edited by Eternal21