Most Hated Trophy & Why

ObsiEez

51L5eb682.png

Beans, Bullets, Bandages

Kill 10.002 enemies in Battlefield Bad Company Ranked Matches

After boosting for the online Medals (Trophy I Am Bad Company) i was nearly 3000 kills and i hated every minute i continued... Played definitely over 400 hours online for all mp trophies and i'll never do it again :P

Unobtained:

World Traveller from Borderlands 2.

I played most of the game co-op which glitches this trophy and you have to go back in single player and find them all again. Only problem is that you don't know where has and hasn't been counted. I hate Borderlands 2 because of this trophy. I will get it tho...... just don't want to play the game completely again including side quests. 

Obtained:

Mad Scientist from Ni No Kuni

One of my favourite games but for this trophy you need to make 120 different items. Naturally because it's a JRPG there are super rare drops that you need to collect x amount of to create the higher items. Killing the same monster 200 times and adding 45 hours to my overall playtime. 

Honorable mention is Old Habits from AC: Origins.

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Unobtained:

World Traveller from Borderlands 2.

I played most of the game co-op which glitches this trophy and you have to go back in single player and find them all again. Only problem is that you don't know where has and hasn't been counted. I hate Borderlands 2 because of this trophy. I will get it tho...... just don't want to play the game completely again including side quests. 

Obtained:

Mad Scientist from Ni No Kuni

One of my favourite games but for this trophy you need to make 120 different items. Naturally because it's a JRPG there are super rare drops that you need to collect x amount of to create the higher items. Killing the same monster 200 times and adding 45 hours to my overall playtime. 

Honorable mention is Old Habits from AC: Origins.

Oh yeah I hated Mad Scientist, farming the gold enemies made me want to die because of how hard they were to even spawn in the first place then you gotta hope they drop what you want. I still have PTSD to this day of grinding the little horn mother fuckers in that one cave for Scrolls of Truth & that was nearly 4 years ago now since it was my first plat

Also a tip for World Traveller, there's this one spot in the desert area (don't remember what it's called but it's where Ellie is) near the top left of the map is a little circular location that's 100% optional to go to & is extremely missile as to discover the area you need to walk into or at least near the center of it. It is the one that most people miss during their playthrough's of the game as I certainly did on my old account & low & behold that was the location I was missing for my plat. Anyway good luck with that bro!

4 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

51L5eb682.png

Beans, Bullets, Bandages

Kill 10.002 enemies in Battlefield Bad Company Ranked Matches

After boosting for the online Medals (Trophy I Am Bad Company) i was nearly 3000 kills and i hated every minute i continued... Played definitely over 400 hours online for all mp trophies and i'll never do it again :P

Man Multiplayer trophies are aids as hell, the sort of trophies like this is why I ended up giving up on Far Cry 2's platinum a few years back because fuck that noise

Oh boy here we go:

Game : AC Unity

Trophy name : Curiosity - open every chest in Paris.

27Secdf88.png

Ah a simple collectible trophy you might say, why would it be the most hated?I mean sure it's a pain but most hated?

Well , this is why: 

2772949-1698438882-acuni.jpg

Just look at that horrible map. For this trophy you only need to collect the 294 red and white chests scattered across Paris.

Oh but still they shouldn't take long.

WRONG! The red chests must be lockpicked . You need to upgrade your lockpicking skills up to level 3, go through some bullshit room filled with guards then lockpick the chest (which usually gives a crap reward). Of course for some chests you must find the entrance that is usually 400 M away into an open window that gets you into an underground tunnel that...argh. Never again. Ubisoft really crossed the line with that .

• Like 4

Orcs Must Die Unchained

39L7bd734.png

Empty Pockets

Spend 200,000,000 coin.

The granddaddy of badly designed and thought out trophies, if I had to pick a single obtained one, this would be it. Playing the long game normally and doing everything else gets most people sub 10% of this trophy. This trophy alone takes around 200 hours to get, dedicated solo boosting that sees you replaying the same 10-14 minute map around 500-600 times depending on how efficient you are, then chain suicide at the end of the match to spend your coins for rebuying your characters life. When I got this trophy in february, it had a rarity of 0,08%, which now, after server closure and many people doing double time to get it before that happened, sits at an eternal 0,25%. The developers recognized the first 5 people who got the platinum trophy, and some early players say Empty Pockets was originally around 1 billion coin before it got changed, which would have been absolutely retarded. Thankfully the buyback counted towards spending coin, otherwise this would have been a 1000+ hour trophy.

Honorable mention to two truly disgusting trophies I could not get. These two killed my completionist ambition that made me power through the aforementioned trophy, and quite a few others.

Super Meat Boy

22L66ab10.png

Zombie Boy & Impossible Boy

Beat The Rapture dark world without dying & Beat Cotton Alley dark world without dying

No, just no. Tried Zombie Boy but thanks to a few level in particular it is just hopeless. These levels are truly nasty and depend on luck a bit too aside from being annoyingly difficult, gave up after several hours of trying because I made no further progress and the goal was barely in sight. Did not even try to get Impossible Boy, as this one is two leagues above Zombie Boy in terms of difficulty. When the day comes that Super Meat Boy is the only game that stops be from regaining 100%, I probably put it on my hidden list because currently I see no possible way of getting it, and the platformer marathon I have planned in future probably won't change that, as the most difficult game planned there is nowhere near this. I will probably retry it after that, but I do not expect much, this just seems out of my league.

Edited by Nighcisama

There are plenty, most from my non 100% games (luck based, broken difficulty, etc) but the winner of the lot is, Wolfenstein 2: Mein Leben.

This trophy would be fine if the difficulty and game were well made like the previous 2 but nope, they decided to screw 99% of trophy hunters for no reason.  I doubt their new games will sell.

Let's not hijack the thread because of a (very, VERY silly) OT comment:

Obtained: 

1L6fe978.png

Merlin First Class Candidate (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1)

Unlock all trophies

An easy plat? No doubt. But it's also one of, if not THE, worst game I've ever played. Having to play through it 3 separate times almost broke me.

Unobtained:

1Laf541e.png

Star Ocean blah blah blah (Star ocean blah blah blah)

Congrats! You are a complete loser!

Seriously. I hope Tri-Ace dies in a fire. And yes - I will one day be that complete loser.

(Author's note: in the actual plat title and plat description, Squeenix manages to squeeze 4(!) separate copyright symbols into the text.)

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

78Sb1961f.png

Masterminds 
GTA Online: Complete all 3 Criminal Mastermind challenges in The Doomsday Heist.

No question about this one ? each run takes over 10 hours and there is so many bugs and glitches that can ruin your progress so you have to restart. Looking to finally finish it off on the weekend and then GTA will be deleted for good ?

Edited by SirPigFace
  • Like 3

12S9b22f7.png

Death from Above (Battlefield V)

Took me hours and hours of attempting to boost it to finally get it. Such a pain, especially when the rest of the list was obtainable without boosting. At least it forced me to become somewhat competent at flying planes in Battlefield V (something I never would've normally done otherwise) so I appreciate that.

34S58b1a0.png

I'll Take the Physical Challenge (God of War)

Beating the Challenge of the Gods. If you know, you know.

16L66c6b2.png
Shock & Awe from Super Stardust HD

Why? Because it is the only trophy that's been keeping my profile from at some point being able to be at 100% for years and to top it off the trophy list got installed automatically by playing the demo long before you could remove 0% lists.

57 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I had to actually think about this but i'd say:

33Lc932a4.png

All The Children Sing - The Beatles: Rock Band

If you have two other people that happen to like singing then fair enough this trophy won't be so bad. A lot of the time you have to do a lot of stupid things to get trophies in music games but I think this one takes the cake. I spent the better part of 2 years on and off creating MIDI tracks just so they could do the vocal harmonies for me to get this trophy. I hate it with a passion.

That's actually hilarious though. If someone not in the know had seen you do this, you would have looked like an absolute madman. I love it when people go to such lengths. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's actually hilarious though. If someone not in the know had seen you do this, you would have looked like an absolute madman. I love it when people go to such lengths. 1f602.png

Hahaha I know, and that’s why I hate this trophy.. because of how stupid it it seemed looking back!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Really dude? Because of a trophy? One that very few people even care about? C'mon.

It will sell but I've seen many post on other sides of people that won't buy as a way of revenge.  Couple that with this been a niche game + the hate towards Bethesda.... 

Currently, it's...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0560b4/trophies/56Lf15291.png

:bronze: What the...? (Cities: Skylines)

Experience a special disaster.

The odds of this happening are about 1 in 720, the game speed defaults back to slow every time a natural disaster hits, and you constantly have to fix up your city or you'll go bankrupt and experience a pop-up that pauses your game. Who thought this was a good idea?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

This one for me

Cleared all stages on VERY HARD difficulty.

So you beat the game and every servants sidestory? Time to replay EVERY SINGLE STAGE AGAIN, this time everyone hits you super hard unless you stack defense ups

stacking defense ups made it a super easy but tedious and grindy trophy

50L039c4b.png